11 7.4%

10 6.7%

21 14.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Armenia-scaled.jpg

Fluke

No plans for a public selection, i guess?

AlekS

Veteran
Lilit Hovhannisyan. Beg her on your knees if needed. 5 minutes of shame won't cost you another NQ
SWy7XXc.gif

r3gg13

Lilit Hovhannisyan. Beg her on your knees if needed. 5 minutes of shame won't cost you another NQ
SWy7XXc.gif

Lilit for a lit show xbow

Seriously though, they need to get their staging right. The past 2 years, they've sent fantastic, well-crafted, well-sung songs, but the staging just drowns the songs. The staging is so empty that you forget how good the song is.

Alaska49

when did armenia become so BAD at staging? it was their entire damn thing. they advanced songs MUCH worse than qami and walking out on the strength of staging. what gives, armenia? you can do so much better. they need to hire whoever did oto's staging this year for next year.

as for artists, i actually wouldn't mind a return of depa evratesil. i didn't want qami to win AT ALL but it was a solid roster otherwise. i actually trust armenia to find stuff for a good NF, even if i don't trust their public to make the best choice. i don't know enough about armenian artists to have a say on internal selections, but armenia has usually been pretty great about them (including srbuk herself! she was just this year's sennek), so that's fine too. just... don't fuck it up in the netherlands. please. for me.

Alaska49

Yeah, so they can fail again just like Oto :D
oto flopped because he didn't have the song. that staging was phenomenal. my brother was in the room when oto was performing and his initial reaction was "wow this looks amazing" and then a minute later he went "when will this END it's HORRIBLE" lol. if armenia can't go for big names like SJB anymore then they should go for that person indeed.

Loindici

Veteran
Probably to choose a song that doesn't make the viewers feel okay to let it pass by. 'Walking Out' feels too rushed and pushed, 'Qami' was not engaging at all, and 'Fly With Me' was confusing to say the least. Armenia clearly worked better with internal selections, but the song is mostly the issue.

Citelis

''Qami'' was terrible and ''Fly with me'' deserved a better staging. :( Anyway i read somewhere that Armenia plan to do ''Depi Evratesil'' national for 2020 selection.

Haverdge

I don't know what was so great about some of our previous stagings -- 2013 was just as boring as Qami, and was a far worse song, and yet, Qami is one of our worst results...

Alaska49

times have changed i think that's all. lonely planet really was worse than qami but 2013 was still a time when not all countries went as hard as they do nowadays. semifinals weren't as competitive as they are now. i still didn't have armenia qualifying back then, but i also wasn't expecting both elitsa and valentina to be cruelly murdered even if in hindsight i really should have been.

Ezio

Veteran
I liked Qami and Walking out, but the semis were too strong. Walking out had a terrible staging too.

In 2013, semis were really bad and the countries prevailed with their diaspora. Lonely planet was the worst Armenian song.

JohnyKaz

"Fly with Me" was a good song and could have reached the top 15 but the staging was quite mediocre. 3 women and a pink background are not enough. "Qami" was bad it really had very low chances of qualifing no matter what staging they went for in Lisbon. "Walking Out" was really good if you ask me (it was my 7th place before the show) but the staging was downright HORRENDOUS. Couldn't they at least have some male dancers? Opening the show didn't help at all and that's why Armenia had its worst ever result. Armenia's songs most of the time are very good but no matter how good the song is it needs S-T-A-G-I-N-G. And they need to focus on that a lot.

Zonne147

I have mixed feelings about :am: recent entries, I loved Fly With Me but I disliked Qami and Walking Out (some considered this as a shock NQ, tbh I have never seen anything in this song since the beginning)...

I don't think their staging is that bad, but it's not good too. They need to change sth to have great results again.

Preuss

«Fly With Me» had great staging imo but things needed to be happening during the less interesting parts of the song like «fly with me high oh high» etc...
Deserved better though, I voted for it but it came like last in our televote

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It's the songs, tbh. They're not bad compositions in themselves, but they are very challenging to stage correctly.

And that includes Fly with me, tbh. It's a nice song and the staging IS good... but not for that song lol. Fly with me needed something more powerful to clinch everybody's attention. (Casuals largely didn't care for it either way).

Qami is too insipid to make exciting, but erecting a stone henge wasn't enough. Nemra would've been the better choice.

Walking out likewise is a very dark song about a subject casuals can't, or don't want to relate to. Its staging was a disaster, but like... you try making a song about spousal abuse appealing to the masses, lol.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
you try making a song about spousal abuse appealing to the masses

Fuck, I was doing a little bit of research into this, and you're right. All of the well-known ones I could find either 1) are primarily about something else, 2) weave it in through metaphor so that the meaning can be easily ignored, or 3) are from the perspective of the abuser.

Haverdge

«Fly With Me» had great staging imo but things needed to be happening during the less interesting parts of the song like «fly with me high oh high» etc...
Deserved better though, I voted for it but it came like last in our televote

We always come last in Norway's televote no matter what we send -- even our most successful entries registered nothing with Norway's televote.

In fact, Norway and the UK are the only two countries (not counting Aze for obvious reasons) that have never given us points in the finals.

Top Bottom