9 6.3%

10 6.9%

15 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Czech-Republic-scaled.jpg

nofuxCZ

And if you are a songwriter, you should be aware of the early deadline to send your songs - end of June, email: [email protected] :mrgreen:
One of the rules is that the songs can't be released prior to the NF - inspired by Melodifestivalen I guess :D

I am sooo excited for our new NF. I hope the success of Mikolas and Lake Malawi's participation encourages more good musicians once again. The interest among public should go up too, in our first era, the NFs were watched more than Eurovision itself.

Etanna

to be honest, I'm quite sceptical but I still hope to be surprised with a high-quality NF

nofuxCZ

I'll just put this funky masterpiece here xheat

She has a new single, btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia6_E082JRo
Her new EP Should be released in the autumn, so it's possible she will send a song to our NF again.

One of our jurors this year was Annet X - I wouldn't be surprised if she sent a song as well next year. Our head of delegation loves her music as he nominated her for the best new Czech act in one of our music awards.

A-lister

Veteran
Her new EP Should be released in the autumn, so it's possible she will send a song to our NF again.

One of our jurors this year was Annet X - I wouldn't be surprised if she sent a song as well next year. Our head of delegation loves her music as he nominated her for the best new Czech act in one of our music awards.

This is pretty cool, should need a little revamp however, probably "too modern" for the juries though but I'd rather have this than the tween girls' idol music we got the past two editions tbh.

A-lister

Veteran

This is pretty cool, should need a little revamp however, probably "too modern" for the juries though but I'd rather have this than the tween girls' idol music we got the past two editions tbh.

Etanna

so based on what our Head of Delegation wrote on Facebook we're sending a wannabe American song :( :? apparently songs like San Marino's or Norway's are not good enough, he writes.
I'm getting worried that we'll end up with our own little Melfest-like contest - interesting songs will not be even allowed to compete.

Alaska49

people must have a song ready for 2020 until the end of NEXT MONTH? what kind of hermione granger bullshit is this, czech republic?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hey can you send some rock ? :p
I look forward to this NF, especially if there're songs in czech, I love hearing your language.

Citelis

They have two succesful years with english languaged entries so i see no reason to switzh on their own language.

nofuxCZ

so based on what our Head of Delegation wrote on Facebook we're sending a wannabe American song :( :? apparently songs like San Marino's or Norway's are not good enough, he writes.
I'm getting worried that we'll end up with our own little Melfest-like contest - interesting songs will not be even allowed to compete.

Exactly, I don't get that post on FB. Praising generic, americanized style of songs and saying we have to step up our game because American Song Contest is coming and that contest will set the trends for Eurovision as well (???). I criticized him for that there but seems most people don't mind.

honzak11

A 19-year old singer Katerina Kolcavova (performing under her staging name Katie Kei) mentioned on her Insta story few days back that she's been working on a song that she might send to Eurovision.
* She won two gold medals, one silver, two bronze and the "Overall Winner" award at the global competition event WCOPA (World Championships of Performing Arts) in the US in 2015.
* She also took part in the latest edition of The Voice in 2019, where she shockingly did not get through the auditions with her cover of Believer (by Imagine Dragons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNicaUhVVrI

Enjoy her song "Burn it down"!

John1

A 19-year old singer Katerina Kolcavova (performing under her staging name Katie Kei) mentioned on her Insta story few days back that she's been working on a song that she might send to Eurovision.
* She won two gold medals, one silver, two bronze and the "Overall Winner" award at the global competition event WCOPA (World Championships of Performing Arts) in the US in 2015.
* She also took part in the latest edition of The Voice in 2019, where she shockingly did not get through the auditions with her cover of Believer (by Imagine Dragons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNicaUhVVrI

Enjoy her song "Burn it down"!

Thx for the eargasm.

Etanna

The deadline is really tight and I haven't even seen any promotion anywhere so (unless they prolong it) it makes me believe that they had already made agreements with some artists/producers (or rather a producer - the same one as always, probably) before even announcing it.

I'm really curious what type of songs and artists they'll choose. They seem to alter between famous and not-so-famous artists which was very obvious in the last two years (in 2018 most of them were famous, established artists whereas in 2019 all but Lake Malawi were rather unknown and for the most part inexperienced singers). I'm guessing they'll go for some bigger names this time to get more views so hopefully it will not be the top five most played artists on a radio nobody listens to again like they used to do it back in 2007&2008

honzak11

The deadline is really tight and I haven't even seen any promotion anywhere so (unless they prolong it) it makes me believe that they had already made agreements with some artists/producers

My guess is an agreement with Tereza Maskova. What's your guess? :lol:
Head of the delegation confirmed that she submitted her song New Me for Eurovision 2019... how on Earth what this not shortlisted for the online national selection!? .

nofuxCZ

I'm guessing they'll go for some bigger names this time to get more views so hopefully it will not be the top five most played artists on a radio nobody listens to again like they used to do it back in 2007&2008

So Mirai, Kryštof, Marek Ztracený, Slza, Chinaski :lol: although I like some songs of theirs, it's that typical, generic czech radio pop-rock which would flop hard at ESC.
I'm sure they won't make this same mistake though, Jan Bors regularly criticizes Czech radios and their approach to new Czech music.

My guess is an agreement with Tereza Maskova. What's your guess? :lol:
Head of the delegation confirmed that she submitted her song New Me for Eurovision 2019... how on Earth what this not shortlisted for the online national selection!? .

I think they mentioned during the NF that not everyone from the team agreed on Tereza. I guess Jan Bors liked her as he voted for her in Anděl music awards

Top Bottom