19 8.8%

24 11.1%

19 8.8%

14 6.5%

39 18.1%

• Total voters

MalagaToledo

Banned
I don't know what happened. Sometimes, there are no words to describe what happened. We have guy who lost both televote and jurry and still won. Bilal is my winner no matter what and I am not sorry that I voted several times for him. Its first time I voted for someone after more than 10 years. He should be proud of himself. He shares left side of scoreboard with Slovenia. I guess bilal, Norway and miki were robbed.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
A top 15 is what I hoped for him. Bilal can be proud of himself, he had fun and performed to his most abilities. The song was just not that good.

I'm alright with another national selection. I don't necessarily agree with the televote but at least we have a say in the choice.
In general, the entries we send to Destination Eurovision lack... something. It's not in the authenticity, as they're very French (just take a look at Silvàn Areg) but we need more flare. For the past two years, there have been entries that I liked, but none that I loved. When we search a little, we have a great pool of artists, with many different genres, definitely one of them could deliver us with a great performance.
Now the question is : are they made for Eurovision ?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hey tbh, Seemone would've done better. xqueenbitch

And you don't know how much I'm glad she didn't win DE :lol: But it's fine if you like it, there should be songs for everyone.

Objectively, I don't think she would have done better. Yes she would have found her public, but many of them would have find it deadly boring too. And I don't think we'd have as a great staging as the one we had this year.

John1

And you don't know how much I'm glad she didn't win DE :lol: But it's fine if you like it, there should be songs for everyone.

Objectively, I don't think she would have done better. Yes she would have found her public, but many of them would have find it deadly boring too. And I don't think we'd have as a great staging as the one we had this year.

Bilal won because of his fanbase that couldn't vote for him during the ESC, so what was the point to pick him out anyway? given his poor result with the juries (6th if I remember properly)

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Bilal won because of his fanbase that couldn't vote for him during the ESC, so what was the point to pick him out anyway? given his poor result with the juries (6th if I remember properly)

Oh but I totally agree with you :mrgreen: The second I saw Bilal was competing I knew he would win. The power of the fanbase is insane. That's why a top 15 is not bad, considering most of his fans are French.
Roi wasn't my favorite, I didn't really had one anyway, but as I didn't like Seemone's song at all I didn't want her to win.

Alaska49

seemone would have been down there with michael, kobi and sisters so jot that down. tous les deux was meritless and the third worst song of the entire season.

Realest

He can be proud of his Juryresult. He proved all Haters wrong.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Useless entry which got an useless result. I wish its spot could have been filled by Chimène Badi.

southernstars

I really liked Bilal and his song and its message. Beautiful choreography, I actually teared up. Gave him a few votes. I thought it would place higher than it did!

John1

seemone would have been down there with michael, kobi and sisters so jot that down. tous les deux was meritless and the third worst song of the entire season.

still got most of the points from the juries in DE. bilal only ended up 5th (or 6th, can't remember). xqueenbitch

shameless

He can be happy with this result. This entry really annoyed the hell out of me (and mostly because my bf was playing this and interviews with him in every peaceful minute...). Madame Monsieur again is trying to missionize europe with their self-entitlement messages and its not gonna work as much as they want. I don't want to be cynic as I really loved Merci but it seems like they were just using another minority group (last time refugees, now LGBT/overweight/diverse) and created a project hoping they will respond to that yet all giving me big white saviour vibes. Of course we all know that popindustry is about $$ after all but please don't take yourself too serious then.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. I think it was way less generic-than those you pointed out and her performance appeared quite authentic with all her crying etc. but of course its all speculative. Just thinking if both her and Laura Bretan would have been chose - we would have had two more-father-songs this year. :lol:

wtf

I'm happy it got a fair result. The song was always bland so getting a higher result would make no sense. Also glad this proves wrong all the people who think people vote for gimmicks and social messages, even if the song behind it is not the strongest.

Conchita's victory remains iconic, ticking all the right boxes and doing it so elegantly. xcheer

Top Bottom