7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread makes me irrationally angry knowing that we're going to send trash again.

tomos2019

Even though she's not exactly a megastar I would actually like it if they internally selected Molly Hocking with a strong ballad, I think she would have a good chance.

Fluke

Why not at least ATTEMPT to include some contemporary pop in the next selection? Or is it just impossible to find any such artist who's willing to be in it? How about a rock band?

tomos2019

I don't see why Steps haven't done it yet, I mean you would think they would be a natural fit for Eurovision seeing as they were described as being like Abba early on. Even though Blue weren't really relevant when they participated in 2011 at least they were a big name.

Mainshow

Veteran
Hurts still interest?

After a whole decade of embarrassment and lacklustre concepts, I would like to see the UK kicking off the 2020's with a bang.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I don't see why Steps haven't done it yet, I mean you would think they would be a natural fit for Eurovision seeing as they were described as being like Abba early on. Even though Blue weren't really relevant when they participated in 2011 at least they were a big name.

No thanks, Steps would've been decent at one point (and Scared of the Dark would've been an exception) but I think we need to look forwards from this type of act

randajad

Veteran
I am boring even myself with this idea, but why not Foxes. She is not that big + she did not release nothing new in ages. It would be fun for her, boost for both her career and Eurovision and a great comeback. :lol:

LastDreamer

Banned
Most underrated ESC country, especially in last 15 years.

I will like to see Diana Vickers or even better Sarah Harding, but I'm in opposition and liked eight :uk: Eurovision entries from last 10 years.
Worst were Surie and Blue.

MyHeartIsYours

I will be surprised if we don't have Rylan for 2020! He has got more and more involved in BBC Eurovision, first You Decide, then Semi Final commentating, then giving out the points. I think the next step will be him as the entry.

grazy2266

I will be surprised if we don't have Rylan for 2020! He has got more and more involved in BBC Eurovision, first You Decide, then Semi Final commentating, then giving out the points. I think the next step will be him as the entry.

Nothing would surprise me, however, I feel he's being primed for the Graham Norton spot by the BBC in the distant future lol

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't think so, he isn't much of a singer all anymore... Hes entirely a tv presenter/host now

digitaldude

Please send something different that can stand out. UK songs just get lost in the sea of entries each time cause they are so generic.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Well, the good news is the only way is up, both results wise and musically speaking. The bad news is that any climbing will likely be done via dolls house sized stepladder.

Teaisloveable

Honestly I could see public pressure taking us out of Eurovision next year :lol:

This song could've been worse, but honestly I can't I'm surprised when we insist on sending the same, safe* songs.

*I mean it's hardly safe considering how bad we do but you know what I mean haha

Mii11

I think the thing is BBC do not want to risk winning. They certainly don't want to host. I think this is the reason behind the UK sending bad entries over and over again.

However, I don't see BBC withdrawing any time soon. Eurovision has good rating figures and is 'cheap' entertainement so IMO they will unfortunately keep doing what they do currently.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scrap this national final format, sack the entire delegation, and start afresh. We need to think completely differently about everything.

In every group project there's that one person who will do absolutely nothing, expect full credit and then whine when things go wrong. Usually, this person is also ridiculously entitled and spoiled. This is the UK in Eurovision. It doesn't take a genius to realise that we richly deserve every terrible result we've had for the last 15 years, and that we're only going to get more of the same by sending middle of the road pop trash sung by hopeless nobodies. The only way out is to extract ourselves from our own backsides. We have one of the best music industries in the world and it's time we actually started using it.

Also, get OGAE UK as far away from the national selection process as physically possible. Better still, let's disband it entirely.

Top Bottom