Contact us

FSC Sweden

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#116 - October 2018 :se:

Sanna Nielsen
Innan du lämnar mig

2eq6u6f.jpg

For this edition, we are slowing down the tempo and switching back to the Swedish language again with the comeback of Sanna Nielsen to the FSC. This is the second time the Schlager-Pop singer, Melodifestivalen-veteran and former Eurovision Song Contest contestant, is entered to the contest (following a top. 10 position back in February 2017 with the entry Dansar bort med någon annan) <- click the title to read more about Sanna and her previous entry...

The entry for this edition titled; Innan du lämnar mig (Before You Leave Me), is a classic yet timeless piano-Pop-ballad, a beautiful Swedish schlager-Pop-power-Ballad, presenting a personal and bittersweet love story sung by one of Sweden's finest vocalists, simply a nice fitting and calming start to the autumn (Northern hemisphere) period, just relax and enjoy!

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

As for the Swedish results this time around, it's nice to be in the top. 10 for a third month in a row now, and top. 5 for a second month in a row. Also nice to see some juries (countries) voting for a Swedish entry that didn't support us for some time or rarely do xclap I hope we will be able to get that extra little push soon though and secure the first victory in over 1.5 years, but we'll see... only time will tell.

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the #116 - October 2018 edition xhug

92 pts

:12: :lt: :ua:
:10: :dk:
:8: :tr: :uk:
:7: :au:
:6: :hr: :de: :mx: :ch:
:5: :no:
:2: :ee:
:1: :ba: :gr: :hu: :za:

... and a reprise of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :ua:
:10: :es:
:8: :rs:
:7: :bg:
:6: :de:
:5: :ch:
:4: :cz:
:3: :ba:
:2: :ca:
:1: :lt:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#117 - November 2018 :se:

Menke
Moln

2hejy9f.jpg

So many of us are now entering darker and colder periods as November and the deep autumn period is upon us here in the very north of the globe. As I often choose entries to fit the mood of the season, then what better way than to slow down the tempo from the previous month even further? So for this edition, Sweden is sending the beautiful, calming and poetically moody dreamy ballad Moln (Clouds), performed by 26-year old newcomer Sara Menke.

Moln is Menke's debut single, released almost a year ago back in November 2017, taken from the singer's debut album Till havet (To the Sea), that got released in May 2018. Both the single and the album are musical interpretations of poems written by the late Swedish poet and novelist Karin Boye. While not aiming for the commercial market, the releases by Menke so far have received both domestic and international acclaim and although being sung fully in the Swedish language, Moln has already been used in an international advertisement campaign by the Spanish clothing manufacturing company Massimo Dutti and the song has also reached some 1.5 million streams on music streaming services.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
It's nice to see another top. 10 for Sweden, although I must say I had a bit higher hopes for this one... nonetheless...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#117 - November 2018 edition xhug

90 pts

:12: :at:
:10: :ee: :lv:
:8: :ph: :ch: :ua:
:7: :mx:
:6: :au: :fr: :es:
:4: :cy:
:3: :no:
:1: :pt: :ro:

:12: :ua:
:10: :au:
:8: :za:
:7: :hr:
:6: :mx:
:5: :no:
:4: :cy:
:3: :bg:
:2: :it:
:1: :br:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#118 - December 2018 :se:

Robyn
Honey

2ziy0bn.jpg

PRESENTATION:

LYRIC VIDEO:

MUSIC VIDEO:

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
It's nice to finish off the year within the top. 10, and considering I didn't see much pre-hype for it on the forum, it did better than I feared however I can clearly see based on the results that it was a polarizing entry, either collection 0's or top points, but I guess it's better to be polarizing than to be nothing at all :mrgreen:

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#118 - December 2018 edition xhug

71 pts

:12: :br: :ee:
:10: :au: :tw:
:6: :at:
:5: :it: :tr: :ua:
:4: :ro:
:2: :ch:

:12: :au:
:10: :de:
:8: :es:
:7: :ma:
:6: :ua:
:5: :mx:
:4: :at:
:3: :za:
:2: :lt:
:1: :pt:

A-lister

Veteran
SWEDEN in FSC 2018

2vjbmsm.jpg

#107 January: ionnalee – SAMARITAN 2nd
#108 February: Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Bovtse eatnamisnie 6th
#109 March: Sophia Somajo– A Million Songs 14th
#110 April: Stockholm Noir– Hopeless Dreams 11th
#111 May: Maja Amcoff– Alltid som du vill 32nd
#112 June: NO NO NO – Masterpiece 15th
#113 July: Alcazar – In the Name of Love 24th
#114 August: Rhys – Too Good to Be True 7th
#115 September: Paul Rey – What Good Is Love 2nd
#116 October: Sanna Nielsen – Innan du lämnar mig 4th
#117 November: Menke – Moln 6th
#118 December: Robyn – Honey 9th

Sweden had a pretty decent year this time around, results-wise a slight decrease from the 2017 edition however, still though, just like the previous year, Sweden managed to score 7/12 top. 10's (including two top. 2 positions and another top. 5). Since I entered FSC, it has always been a mission for me to stay true to my own taste in music, but also try to promote and showcase different styles of music as well as various acts that at times might be unknown to most people outside of Sweden (and even in some cases to the vast majority of Swedes). I have yet tried to keep a fair language balance, with 1/3 of the entries in 2018 being in Swedish (or some other local language).

:se::se::se::se::se::se:

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 RECEIVERS - 2018 [change since 2017 year-end chart]
1 : :ua: 71pts [=]
2 : :rs: 44pts [=]
3 : :bg: 42pts [+2]
4 : :za: 39pts [NEW]
5 : :es: 37pts [7x] [NEW]
6 : :lt: 37pts [5x] [NEW]
7 : :au: 33pts [5x, 1x12] [=]
8 : :de: 33pts [5x, 1x10] [NEW]
9 : :no: 28pts [NEW]
10 : :pl: 26pts [-1]

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 SUPPORTERS - 2018 xrose [change since 2017 year-end chart]
1 : :it: 55pts [+2] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION]
2 : :ua: 46pts [NEW] [MENTION=4523]yulichka[/MENTION] [MENTION=7336]WhoKnows[/MENTION]
3 : :ro: 45pts [8x, 1x12] [NEW] [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] [MENTION=15363]Denisaa[/MENTION]
4 : :tr: 45pts [8x, 1x10] [-2] [MENTION=8126]thevoice[/MENTION] [MENTION=15072]tugberkic[/MENTION]
5 : :no: 44pts [NEW] [MENTION=4434]Malagant[/MENTION]
6 : :at: 40pts [NEW] [MENTION=16050]Datura[/MENTION]
7 : :il: 37pts [-6] [MENTION=4536]Israeliboy[/MENTION]
8 : :de: 35pts [NEW] [MENTION=5001]FabiESC[/MENTION] [MENTION=15467]marc[/MENTION]. [MENTION=16237]Mrvn[/MENTION]
9 : :ch: 33pts [5x] [NEW] [MENTION=15960]NicoRobin[/MENTION] [MENTION=7308]Paper7[/MENTION]
10 : :au: 33pts [4x] [NEW] [MENTION=12274]jbusic[/MENTION]

SWEDEN'S 12-POINTERS - 2018

January: :uk: Rita Ora - Anywhere 4th
February: :ua: Khrystyna Soloviy - Fortepiano 22nd
March: :it: Lorenzo Fragola - Bengala 2nd
April: :lt: GJan - Tabletė 12th
May: :ro: MIRA - Uit de tine 10th
June: :bg: Tita - Antilopa 8th
July: :lt: Gjan - Paskui Tave 27th
August: :pl: Edyta Gorniak, DON - Andromeda 27th
September: :az: Aisel - More Emotion 16th
October: :ua: NICHLAVA, Tonya Matviyenko & Piccard Tercia - Naviky 21st
November: :ua: KAZKA - Plakala 1st
December: :au: Kylie Minogue - Dancing 3rd

A-lister

Veteran
hm if i counted correctly :at: Austria gave 40 points to Sweden this year xthink

You are correct, thanks for pointing it out! I just added calculations from an Excel sheet but it seems there were some mistakes. I updated it now ;)

Thank you again for your support throughout the year xrose

Datura

You are correct, thanks for pointing it out! I just added calculations from an Excel sheet but it seems there were some mistakes. I updated it now ;)

Thank you again for your support throughout the year xrose

well deserved, u've sent some of my favourite entries this year (and got me hooked on Stockholm Noir, i love their new song "mara") xrose

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#119 - January 2019 :se:

Ludomir feat. Josef Johansson
Äventyr

saxkzp.jpg

Sweden is starting off the new year on an uplifting note with the catchy, melodic and sympathetic dream house track Äventyr (Adventure) by 18-year old up-and-coming DJ music producer Teo Ludomir Wiik in a collaboration with 25-year old singer/songwriter Josef Johansson. The charming uptempo track, which incorporates dream house with Swedish vispop, comes with a nice message of self-exploration and is an optimistic way to start the new year.

Ludomir debuted already at the age of 15 back in 2015 with the track Ready for Your Love, and has later on followed up with singles like Kiss and Tell [2016] and Closing In [2017]. The single Äventyr, and this month's entry for Sweden, is Ludomir's first official release in Swedish and was released back in January 2018. Apart from waiting for his commercial breakthrough, Ludomir has also done remixes for other artists.

Josef Johansson is another up-and-coming young artist yet achieving his breakthrough. To fans of the Swedish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen, some might recall his entry Hela natten (The Whole Night) from the 2014 selection.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
well deserved, u've sent some of my favourite entries this year (and got me hooked on Stockholm Noir, i love their new song "mara") xrose

Thank you for the appreciation and support again :)

I just saw they released a whole album !!! And this Mara seems to be in Swedish even, interesting stuff ! Thank you for the info :)

A-lister

Veteran
Just adding it to the new page as well ;)

:se: FSC#119 - January 2019 :se:

Ludomir feat. Josef Johansson
Äventyr

saxkzp.jpg

Sweden is starting off the new year on an uplifting note with the catchy, melodic and sympathetic dream house track Äventyr (Adventure) by 18-year old up-and-coming DJ music producer Teo Ludomir Wiik in a collaboration with 25-year old singer/songwriter Josef Johansson. The charming uptempo track, which incorporates dream house with Swedish vispop, comes with a nice message of self-exploration and is an optimistic way to start the new year.

Ludomir debuted already at the age of 15 back in 2015 with the track Ready for Your Love, and has later on followed up with singles like Kiss and Tell [2016] and Closing In [2017]. The single Äventyr, and this month's entry for Sweden, is Ludomir's first official release in Swedish and was released back in January 2018. Apart from waiting for his commercial breakthrough, Ludomir has also done remixes for other artists.

Josef Johansson is another up-and-coming young artist yet achieving his breakthrough. To fans of the Swedish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen, some might recall his entry Hela natten (The Whole Night) from the 2014 selection.

LYRICS:

Krishoes

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 SUPPORTERS - 2018 xrose
1 : :it: 55pts [+2] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION]

xrose You've got many top 10s in 2018, it's a great result, but I think you deserve even more, so I hope you'll finally win this year!

A-lister

Veteran
As for the Swedish results this month, not the best start of the new year I must admit, but hey at least I tried something else (although usually taking risks isn't paying off for me), still though... it managed to end up on the "left" side of the board, always a bit bittersweet though to know a couple of positions were "won" due to non-voting of some jurors.... still could be worse ;) ....

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#119 - January 2019 edition xhug

59 pts

:12: :cy: :hu:
:8: :ma:
:5: :dk:
:3: :cz: :mx: :nl: :es: :ch:
:2: :fr: :de: :no:
:1: :uk:

:12: :ro:
:10: :ua:
:8: :uk:
:7: :br:
:6: :fr:
:5: :ma:
:4: :hr:
:3: :no:
:2: :nl:
:1: :cy:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#120 - February 2019 :se:

Vargas & Lagola
Roads

L0VqnTv.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is keeping it uptempo but going in another direction than the previous month with the songwriting, production and artist duo of Vincent Pontare (Vargas) and Salem al Fakir (Lagola) and the catchy, subtlety country-inspired "Scandinavian-styled", Indie-Pop song "Roads". The song, released about a year ago, managed to peak within the top. 20 on the Swedish official singles chart and became a local radio hit throughout 2018.

This is the second time for Salem al Fakir as an artist in the FSC, the first being in FSC#23 - January 2011 with the entry "I'm So Happy". Technically, it's not the first time for the duo in the FSC either though since they were among the songwriters responsible for the following FSC entries:
FSC#29 - July 201 : Swedish House Mafia - ""Save the World"
FSC#56 - October 2013 : Avicii - "Hey Brother"
FSC#57 - November 2013 : Veronica Maggio - "Sergels torg"
FSC#77 - July 2015 : Axwell Λ Ingrosso - "On My Way"
FSC#89 - July 2016 : Veronica Maggio - "Vi mot världen"
FSC#105 - November 2017 : Axwell Λ Ingrosso - "More Than You Know"

For fans of Melodifestivalen, the Swedish pre-selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, Salem al Fakir is mostly known for his 2010-entry "Keep On Walking", that ended up second in the selection and is his commercially most successful solo single to date in Sweden, peaking in the top. 3 on the Official Swedish Singles Chart. The entry was later on followed up in the same year by al Fakirs third, and so far latest, solo album (following his 2007-debut and 2009-follow up). After the solo career, al Fakir would be more focused on songwriting for other acts and projects, as well as lending his vocals on some of those, which he did for Avicii's 2012- "Silhouettes" as well as for the single "You Make Me" from the following year amongst other songs.

Vincent Pontare on the other hand has never taken part in the selection, but is the son of Melodifestivalen-veteran Roger Pontare who entered the selection as an artist on five occasions, winning two of those representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994 and in 2000. Vincent himself started his own musical career back in 2006 and managed two top. 10 solo singles in Sweden back in 2007 with the songs "Don't Hate On Me" and "Miss Blue", taken from his first solo album. Pontare followed up the debut album in 2011, but just like Al Fakir he has been mostly focused on songwriting for various other acts prior debuting with Vargas & Lagola in 2017.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
... As for the :se: results this month, it's nice to be in the top. 5 again :mrgreen: ... so ....

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#120 - February 2019 edition xhug

91 pts

:12: :cy: :ma: :ph: :za:
:10: :it:
:7: :mx:
:6: :ee:
:5: :ca: :lv: :ua:
:4: :cz:
:1: :pt:

:12: :pt:
:10: :lt:
:8: :uk:
:7: :es:
:6: :fr:
:5: :au:
:4: :br:
:3: :at:
:2: :it:
:1: :hu:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#121 - March 2019 :se:

Anna Leone
If You Only

6fmk95.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this March edition, Sweden is slowing down the tempo again with the beautiful, dreamy and peaceful acoustic Lana del Rey-esque Anglo-Folk-Pop-inspired ballad If You Only, performed by up-and-coming singer-songwriter Anna Leone, stage and short name used by 24-year old Leone Anabelle Lancelot. The song is taken from the singer's 2018 debut EP Wandered Away which also includes the previous 2017 releases My Soul I and I Never Really.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: results this month, I am satisfied with another top. 10 position :) and...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#121 - March 2019 edition xhug

84 pts

:12: :ee:
:8: :at: :it:
:7: :ca: :cy: :lt:
:6: :mx: :pt:
:5: :au: :nl:
:4: :ro:
:3: :es: :ch: :tr:

:12: :il:
:10: :bg:
:8: :br:
:7: :uk:
:6: :hr:
:5: :ph:
:4: :lv:
:3: :it:
:2: :ca:
:1: :cz:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#122 - April 2019 :se:

Smith & Thell
(feat. Swedish Jam Factory)

Forgive Me Friend

5xn5t3.jpg

PRESENTATION:

This edition marks Sweden's 100th entry to the FSC (my 73rd) and to celebrate that we are sending the catchy Swedish-styled Country-folk-Indie-Pop track Forgive Me Friend performed by the duo Smith & Thell. The duo, consisting of singer/songwriters Maria Jane Smith and Victor Thell, debuted back in 2012 with the EDM-Pop track Kill It With Love, which would be followed by some stand-alone singles as well as songwriting and producing credits for other artists including the Melodifestivalen entries Groupie (performed by the duo Samir & Victor in the 2015 contest) and Human (performed by Victor Zia in the 2016 edition).

The duo's fourth single, and first single taken from their 2017 debut album Soulprints, titled Statue (The Pills Song) got released in 2015, but except for some commercial success working for other artists, the duo would have their own breakthrough as a music act with Forgive Me Friend in 2018, which also was the first release from their EP Telephone Wires released in November of that year. The song became a radio hit in Sweden and peaked within the top. 10 on the Official Swedish Singles Charts and has lately started to gain interest internationally being added to radio playlists outside of Sweden and just recently debuted in the top.40 on the US Billboard Alternative chart.

LYRICS:

Top Bottom