Contact us

FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: Entry Submission Thread

honzak11

Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: Entry Submission Thread | DDL: February 27th 23:59 CET

:cz: entry is in the Czech private forum. Not a cover in the end... hopefully I won't be the only weirdo of this edition :lol:

JSSArcos

Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: Entry Submission Thread | DDL: February 27th 23:59 CET

:pt:Sent your music !!! xheart

It is one of the Portuguese songs that I currently hear more often ... it is a mixture of fado with electronic sounds xshock1:D

Eulaliya

:ph: entry + back up changed, not a cover entry this time! ;)

kopachka

:hr: entry was just posted in private forum.

We're in with a song that was previously rejected as it was a cover. :mrgreen:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

Denmark will NOT be participating in FSC #121 !

March is a very busy month so I won't be able to spend as much time on FSC as this wonderful contest clearly deserves...
But I'll be back in April! :D

Lietuvis

Looking at the people ignoring the cover/sample requirements, now I feel weird posting covers of previously known worldwide songs as my entries. I think we should either all post sampled/cover songs, or nobody should do it. Because now I feel like there will be a lot of bias involved against covers in the voting process.

For this reason, I think Lithuania will skip this edition. Please ignore the entries posted in the private forum. Apologies to [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION]

Gabor77

Looking at the people ignoring the cover/sample requirements, now I feel weird posting covers of previously known worldwide songs as my entries. I think we should either all post sampled/cover songs, or nobody should do it. Because now I feel like there will be a lot of bias involved against covers in the voting process.

For this reason, I think Lithuania will skip this edition. Please ignore the entries posted in the private forum. Apologies to [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION]

I was thinking the same thing, so I totally agree! I've just submitted my entry which is a cover of my fav song EVER (also known world wide). I don't understand why y'all not taking advantage of the special edition rules.... I did for sure, so no matter what I will take part ;)

A-lister

Veteran

I was thinking the same thing, so I totally agree! I've just submitted my entry which is a cover of my fav song EVER (also known world wide). I don't understand why y'all not taking advantage of the special edition rules.... I did for sure, so no matter what I will take part ;)

Sad to hear you leaving for this edition [MENTION=14126]Lietuvis[/MENTION] , it's not a recruitment to send covers (afterall it's not a spin-off with a certain theme), it's just allowed for those who want to... I'm sure no one would be biased? Why? xshrug

Lietuvis

Sad to hear you leaving for this edition [MENTION=14126]Lietuvis[/MENTION] , it's not a recruitment to send covers (afterall it's not a spin-off with a certain theme), it's just allowed for those who want to... I'm sure no one would be biased? Why? xshrug

I think it's similar to what USA entries experience. Sometimes their songs get snubbed because they're worldwide hits or the singers are insanely popular. Just looking at it from my own prism of course.

A-lister

Veteran

I think it's similar to what USA entries experience. Sometimes their songs get snubbed because they're worldwide hits or the singers are insanely popular. Just looking at it from my own prism of course.

I don't really think this is true, and actually the US jurors since I took part often send acts that aren't that known nor international hits ...

I can't tell for sure though, but I don't think there's any bias really especially if everyone are aware of the exception to the standard rules... would be interesting to hear the cover you were planning to send of course no one should force you take part.

B3stbeats

Spain.png
The entry was posted in the private forum.

xymothe

:hu: entries sent via PM. Both of them are covers! xheart

hawadharma

For this reason, I think Lithuania will skip this edition. Please ignore the entries posted in the private forum. Apologies to @JChan

This is insightful. Personally I also think special rules should remain in Spin-off contests, not in the main contest.
In Malaysia, singers very rarely release covers of others' songs as their single.

Anyway, I'm still joining because I want to make full attendance through the year :)

Datura

that's a pity, for my taste Lithuania is usually among the more interesting entries. hope you will be back in april

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Important:

We want this to be a celebration of 10 years of the FSC and in recognition of this we added a little 'gift' to you all, the option (as A-lister said above, it is an option for those who wish to use it, not a requirement) for this edition only, to use a cover or sampled song. We did a similar thing with FSC #100, a special exception for a special occasion. This happens very rarely and is therefore celebrated.

It is disappointing - and somewhat surprising - that this should cause any negativity and potential boycots either of the edition or certain songs.

This is a fair and square fun music contest, with pillars of solid FSC Rules, where we should enjoy the music and competition without drama, tactics and fear of unfair bias or any wrongdoing. All March-songs are (should be) considered in the same fashion, whether a cover, sampled or ordinary entry and no one should have had to change their original choice in fear that their entry would be disregarded by juries. If juries don't play fair, the FSC Rules give sanctions to use. We expect everyone to play fair, in mutual respect, that is the way it is done in this contest.

Enjoy this celebratory edition (keep in mind there is also more to come later this year), forego negative intrigue and suspicion, have fun (most important) and celebrate the 10 years of this wonderful online music contest together with the whole FSC Community xup

Ps. If anyone has anything they wish to add to this discussion, it is to be done by sending me a PM, not in this thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Head Moderator

NicoRobin

For my part, I decided to take advantage of this special edition to just send a song that wouldn't have taken part normally. Switzerland takes a big risk with this choice but my goal is to share what I love and the important thing is to participate in joy and good mood xheya

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

kzzaGtQ.jpg

FSC March: LL

Welcome, join us for:

FSC March Live Listening (LL)
: Friday 1st March, 20:30 CET
AND FSC 10 Year Celebration: Friday 1st March, 19:30 CET

Yes, we can offer you the ordinary LL and in addition 1 hour
of celebration playing a list of select FSC Winners 2009-2019.

We hope some of you can join us also for the Pre-hour , with
many of our best FSC Winning songs from over the 10 years!

Plug.dj link: https://plug.dj/forumsc

tqcd9Op.png

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: Entry Submission Thread | LL: 1st March 20:30 CET (+ 10 Year Celebration from 19:30 CET)

Can someone copy the comments for Cyprus' entry, please?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #121 March 2019 [Ten Years of FSC]: Entry Submission Thread | LL: 1st March 20:30 CET (+ 10 Year Celebration from 19:30 CET)

I won't be able to come unfortunately

Hope I haven't gone too far and that you like my entry!!!!!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
The LL for FSC #121 March has just been completed. Thank you, all for coming - another good turnout! xheya

And so it is now possible for countries to promote their entries in the FSC Promotion thread and/or in their separate public country-threads.

The FSC #121 March MP3-archives (with all the songs) + the FSC March Show will be posted in due course
tqcd9Op.png

Top Bottom