Contact us

What are you currently reading?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=15499]Ausesken[/MENTION] perhaps you'll next start reading the books of legendary romantic novelist, Dame Barbara Cartland. An icon of my childhood. She released in her lifetime 723 novels. She also unleashed upon the world Barbara Cartland's Etiquette Handbook which I happen to own, along with my cherished CD Barbara Cartland's Album Of Love Songs featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

pic23.2.jpg

Ausesken

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] I see myself reading all her 723 novels xheat and now that everybody marries what they want, I'll marry one of her books, specifically one of the male characters XDD

Sammy

Veteran
das-floss-der-medusa-2.jpg

just finished it. great novel based on a true event. I don't know if it's already translated into english, but look out for it.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] Dame Barbara Cartland looks exactly like one of my most beloved authors, Dame Sally Markham. Here's potato quality rare video footage of her writing her best seller 'The Lady in Mouve' and a mention of another 'the lady in White'.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] "How many pages? Oh, just 1........ Do you know the Bible?" said Lord Harper.

My fascination with Dame Barbara Cartland was all thanks to Little Britain actually and Dame Sally Markham. The interview i've shared below is absolutely delightful. I could have truly sworn that it was Rita from Coronation Street interviewing Barbara here until the American accent became clear. I trust that you'll be joining Olga in reading all 723 of Barbara Cartland's novels.

Ausesken

As everybody is talking about Outlander and I had no idea about the story, I've started reading the first book. I haven't watched the series, and I won't watch it until I finish reading all the books of this saga, so.......... I'm afraid this will be me in the next months trying to avoid the spoilers on Facebook and other sites:

HardFailingHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Do you know when you 'fall in love' with a book character? :lol: well, I xheart Jamie *.* I guess if I ever meet a hot Scot, I will call him Jamie lol

MyHeartIsYours

As everybody is talking about Outlander and I had no idea about the story, I've started reading the first book. I haven't watched the series, and I won't watch it until I finish reading all the books of this saga, so.......... I'm afraid this will be me in the next months trying to avoid the spoilers on Facebook and other sites:

Do you know when you 'fall in love' with a book character? :lol: well, I xheart Jamie *.* I guess if I ever meet a hot Scot, I will call him Jamie lol
I was a big fan of Outlander (series) at first, but I found it hard to keep up with because of the huge amount of episodes (16 episodes first season... I prefer more like 8 maximum). Still I think it is a great story, some of the characters are awesome. Love Claire, she don't take no shit :lol:

Ausesken

I was a big fan of Outlander (series) when it first came out, but I found it hard to keep up with because of the huge amount of episodes (16 episodes first season... I prefer more like 8 maximum). Still I think it is a great story, some of the characters are awesome. Love Claire, she don't take no shit :lol:

How many seasons there are? I don't think it's worse than The Vampire Diaries in this :lol: but yeah, very long seasons are tiring. I think 10 episodes is perfect. I hope the books are interesting enough to make me read them all.

MyHeartIsYours

How many seasons there are? I don't think it's worse than The Vampire Diaries in this :lol: but yeah, very long seasons are tiring. I think 10 episodes is perfect. I hope the books are interesting enough to make me read them all.
The fourth one is just about to start I believe (although on TV in UK it is delayed), the last three are a bit shorter than the first season though luckily :lol: I haven't read the books myself though people I have spoke to about them say they are great so I think you will enjoy them! Particularly if you enjoy this kind of theme and setting. I partly got into it coz I love Scotland and basically anything Georgian or Jacobite :lol:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
As everybody is talking about Outlander and I had no idea about the story, I've started reading the first book. I haven't watched the series, and I won't watch it until I finish reading all the books of this saga, so.......... I'm afraid this will be me in the next months trying to avoid the spoilers on Facebook and other sites

Ha! I started reading the book a few days ago too! :lol: I bought the first book more than a year ago but every time I want to start reading it I get overwhelmed by its size and the fact that there are so many of them in the series and I go for shorter books. But this time I thought: "This is it!".
Hopefully the books will be as amazing as the show, cause let me tell you, the show is a total masterpiece. xheat

Everybody loves Jaime :cool: Well, except [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] I think :lol:

Ausesken

Ha! I started reading the book a few days ago too! :lol: I bought the first book more than a year ago but every time I want to start reading it I get overwhelmed by its size and the fact that there are so many of them in the series and I go for shorter books. But this time I thought: "This is it!".
Hopefully the books will be as amazing as the show, cause let me tell you, the show is a total masterpiece. xheat

Everybody loves Jaime :cool: Well, except [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] I think :lol:

Hahaha I felt a bit overwhelmed too when I found out that the saga had so many books :lol: I bought it as a present for my mum because she used to read a lot of books and now she doesn't, and I wanted to encourage her to read more again, but she forgot about it after reading some pages XD. Now I think perhaps it's better, because I see that Claire and Jaime get laid more often than rabbits, they are always horny... what would my mum have thought about my present? xthink xrollinglol

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
[MENTION=15499]Ausesken[/MENTION] Where did you get in the book? :D You can post it in spoiler tag :lol:

Ausesken

[MENTION=15499]Ausesken[/MENTION] Where did you get in the book? :D You can post it in spoiler tag :lol:

I’m loving this book. I bring it every day in my bag, so even if the train only takes 20 minutes to get to my work place, I always use these minutes to read :lol: and before sleeping, of course.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just started to read George R. R. Martin's latest book on the Targaryens. Tbh, I expected a prequel/novel to "Game of Thrones" but it's basically a fictional history book.
As a hardcore fan, I still love it but it's a bit "exhausting" to read more than a few pages at once because there's so much information gathered on a single page :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Just started to read George R. R. Martin's latest book on the Targaryens. Tbh, I expected a prequel/novel to "Game of Thrones" but it's basically a fictional history book.
As a hardcore fan, I still love it but it's a bit "exhausting" to read more than a few pages at once because there's so much information gathered on a single page :D

Woo, another hardcore fan xheat Just got mine for Christmas, will start reading it after I finish the first volume of Outlander. Well to be fair, it was never advertised as a new novel or a prequel. I might be very biased since House Targaryen is my favourite and their 300 years rule is fascinating, but I'm really excited about this book! (and hopefully the second volume will come faster than the glacial pace of Winds of Winter)

Who are your favourite characters in ASOIAF btw? :mrgreen:

Mainshow

Veteran
Woo, another hardcore fan xheat Just got mine for Christmas, will start reading it after I finish the first volume of Outlander. Well to be fair, it was never advertised as a new novel or a prequel. I might be very biased since House Targaryen is my favourite and their 300 years rule is fascinating, but I'm really excited about this book! (and hopefully the second volume will come faster than the glacial pace of Winds of Winter)

Who are your favourite characters in ASOIAF btw? :mrgreen:

Sounds awesome! - My favourite house are the Targaryens as well. I also did an online quiz and got "sorted into" the House Targaryen as well #proud #truth
Actually, it got advertised as the "prologue" of "Game of Thrones" here in Germany. I do work in a book shop (I'm a student but need some money xD) and there were basically tons of customers buying that book and I couldn't resist :D
It's crazy to think that Martin came up with a "prequel" instead of finishing "Winds Of Winter". It's also quite risky that there will be a second volume :D

However, you got a very nice present for Christmas! Have you already unfolded the book's cover? - That "family tree" already gave me chills haha

My favourite characters? Daenerys (my favourite titles of her "The Unburnt" & "Mother of Dragons" but Sansa comes close. I used to hate her and she came across as a spoilt brat but oh well, tbh, she's (right now) my favourite character in the TV series. What a dynamic character.. she truly developed and tbh, I would love to see her getting the throne in the end (just to fool fans around & make the ending "unpredictable") but I guess the people involved in the series will follow the poetic justice route and let Daenerys and Jon marry.

Who are your favourite characters?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Actually, it got advertised as the "prologue" of "Game of Thrones" here in Germany. I do work in a book shop (I'm a student but need some money xD) and there were basically tons of customers buying that book and I couldn't resist :D

Ah ok, that makes sense then! :mrgreen: Here it didn't get advertised at all, but I tend to spend too much time on reddit on r/asoiaf so I knew it was only going to be the very detailed history of the Targaryen rule from Aegon I to Aegon III. Working in a book shop sounds cool tbh ^^

However, you got a very nice present for Christmas! Have you already unfolded the book's cover? - That "family tree" already gave me chills haha

Just checked and I did not find any family tree ;; It does have some great character illustrations though. Do you have the English version or did it get translated to German?

My favourite characters? Daenerys (my favourite titles of her "The Unburnt" & "Mother of Dragons" but Sansa comes close. I used to hate her and she came across as a spoilt brat but oh well, tbh, she's (right now) my favourite character in the TV series. What a dynamic character.. she truly developed and tbh, I would love to see her getting the throne in the end (just to fool fans around & make the ending "unpredictable") but I guess the people involved in the series will follow the poetic justice route and let Daenerys and Jon marry.

Ha, that would be quite the twist indeed :lol: As much as I would love to see Dany and Jon have a happy ending, I'm not sure if that's the route they will go. My theory is that nobody will sit on the throne, either because the Seven Kingdoms will cease to exist or because someone *cough* Cersei *cough* will destroy King's Landing.

Who are your favourite characters?

My favourite is Daenerys, but Jon comes really close. Then I guess it's Sansa, Tyrion and Margaery. To be honest, I like a ton of characters, for various reasons. Still, I'm flying the Targaryen restoration banner xheat:lol:

Top Bottom