Contact us

Fave TV Series and shows

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Usually when they win all the big awards etc it means they're a load of rubbish :lol: to me anyway, but in this case not at all. It is absolutely great. I'm convincing all my friends to watch it also, one of them read the book back in college though. Season 1 is based on the book, and season 2 is after the book. You will find the room. :D What I find with American series is that they are usually like 20-30 episodes long with not much drama in each episode, but handmaids tale is 10 & 13 episodes long, much more concise and keeps things exciting without being dragged out. Time jumps along quite quickly. Big little lies title reminds me of 'pretty little liars' :lol: Never heard of that but a google search looks somewhat interesting, not into murder mystery type thing much tbh but it looks like it might have some drama. idk.

I love Gone Girl, and I think Amy Adams is a great actress so things look positive, I might give it a watch to see if it's any good.

esc87fan

Is anyone into The Handmaid's Tale? It's an amazing series (I first read the book in high school and saw the 1990 film version), and the best part of it is that much of it was filmed in and around my city!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Is anyone into The Handmaid's Tale? It's an amazing series (I first read the book in high school and saw the 1990 film version), and the best part of it is that much of it was filmed in and around my city!

check the previous thread. :lol: I love it, I think it is super great. I think the season 2 finale was absolutely spectacular but I'm lowkey annoyed she decide to stay behind. I don't see how she can come back from that ending without finding herself at the colonies.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm currently doing a mega marathon of Friends xheat

After that can't wait to see what's all this hype for season 2 of The Handmaid's Tale :eek: I've only seen the first season last year or so and the plot was pretty much the same as the one in the book (I've also read the book after watching it). They did a much better job with the TV show tbh so can't waittttttttttttt

esc87fan

check the previous thread. :lol: I love it, I think it is super great. I think the season 2 finale was absolutely spectacular but I'm lowkey annoyed she decide to stay behind. I don't see how she can come back from that ending without finding herself at the colonies.

I have two guesses as to why she stayed behind. One is to go back for Hannah, the other is to help bring Gilead down from the inside

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I have two guesses as to why she stayed behind. One is to go back for Hannah, the other is to help bring Gilead down from the inside

The second she looked at the picture while hiding the grass I knew she would stay behind, she is the quickly becoming the face of the movement against Gilead, and they will not want her hanging about. I'm really interested to see how she will stay safe in Gilead.

Ausesken

Currently watching The Handmaids Tale, episode 2x10. I'm not crying, it's the imaginary onion I'm chopping.

Ausesken

Ok, so I watched the last episode of the season 2 of The Handmaid's Tale. The following spoiler is actually spoiler.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ok, so I watched the last episode of the season 2 of The Handmaid's Tale. The following spoiler is actually spoiler.

Ausesken

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
5b8007962c39e.image.jpg

Channeling my inner teen tv show fan with this one. Like seriously, this series I found super addictive and binge watched over 2 days. :lol: I hope Netflix ignore the criticism and hate and renew for a 2nd season. Luckily they run purely on the viewing figures, and not what people and investors say. When the trailer come out the show got bombarded with complaints and a torrent of abuse and hate for fat shaming, all of it was truly unfounded and coming from people who haven't watched the show and are overly sensitive.

Basically it's a satirical tv show, but it speaks a truth about the real world. The themes of the show and the points it touches on are spot on: eating disorders, suicides, coming out, abortions, substances abuse, the definition of a real man and the idea of imperfect, absent and egotistical mothers, revenge and its fulfilment, manipulation, courage and bravery, fighting vs letting go, good vs evil and how easily evil can seduce you, taking responsibility for your actions, asking for redemption, the struggle of balancing the good and the evil in yourself, overbearing fathers, the effects of family on the child, patterns of parents' behaviour. It does it all in a satirical manner but cuts deep on a lot of issues.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh lol, Netflix keeps recommending me this :lol: Judging by your review, now I have to try it :cool: plus it's Jessie xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Oh lol, Netflix keeps recommending me this :lol: Judging by your review, now I have to try it :cool: plus it's Jessie xheart

When I saw the trailer I was like :'D :'D but lowkey wanted to watch and it's become one of those super guilty pleasures, for me anyway. :lol: Plus I super ship 2 characters. It would be interesting if you see it coming, unless you've watched spoilers. The 2nd paragraph in my post I copied from online because I agreed with what it said and I cba to write it myself, i'm not quite that passionate. XD

also it's come with a hot reaction gif for when that dnq/0 pointer comes:

Isq_PV1q_V2_BNrd_PTQPr_HPc_XBprv_Y8o_Su_I_U1nz_Xq_Z2tk.gif

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
When I saw the trailer I was like :'D :'D but lowkey wanted to watch and it's become one of those super guilty pleasures, for me anyway. :lol: Plus I super ship 2 characters. It would be interesting if you see it coming, unless you've watched spoilers. The 2nd paragraph in my post I copied from online because I agreed with what it said and I cba to write it myself, i'm not quite that passionate. XD

also it's come with a hot reaction gif for when that dnq/0 pointer comes:

Isq_PV1q_V2_BNrd_PTQPr_HPc_XBprv_Y8o_Su_I_U1nz_Xq_Z2tk.gif

Somehow it reminds of Pretty Liars, where you get into that high-school atmosphere.

Yes, hot reaction gifs indeed :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
Brooklyn Nine-Ninexpolice

check it out! it's a sitcom about detectives solving crimes

If my boring description didn't win you over, maybe this will :lol:

Ausesken

I can't believe a 17-year-old girl convinced me to start watching now, in 2018 (and being 28 years old), 'The Vampire Diaries'. Moreover I can't believe I like it and watched 7 episodes in 2 days. I always thought it was a stupid series for teenagers.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I can't believe a 17-year-old girl convinced me to start watching now, in 2018 (and being 28 years old), 'The Vampire Diaries'. Moreover I can't believe I like it and watched 7 episodes in 2 days. I always thought it was a stupid series for teenagers.

It's how I feel with Insatiable. :lol: Enjoy that ultimate guilty pleasure, Olga. You'll be researching it all online next. :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It has 8 seasons, with around 16 chapters per season. What I've doneeee X-OI xrollinglol

Similar to Pretty Little Liars, 7 Seasons with around 24 a season. xrollinglol It's been over a year and i'm still working my way through that. You're in too deep now Olga, get settled for the long haul until the bitter end.

Top Bottom