14 5.4%

5 1.9%

7 2.7%

9 3.5%

24 9.3%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
This is also a nice example of 2 fandoms :ua: :cz: supporting each other. In the social media and televoting.
Our co-broadcaster recorded a gr8 sincere interview with him and they showed it before the semis and it paid off.

honzak11

What a historic moment for the Czech republic :cz: . Mikolas was amazing!x12s
Very disappointing to see that the Czech broadcaster devoted only 49 seconds to this great news in the main evening News programme. Also, the Eurovision Final also attracted only 252 000 viewers in the Czech Republic which was 11% of all people who had their TVs turned on at that time... oh well......

nofuxCZ

Yeah, ČT really needs to start working on promoting the contest inside Czech Republic. They do a good job in presenting our entry to people in Europe, but they do absolutely no promo at all at home.

Televised national final could help, at least people would be more invested in the show, rooting for the favourite they selected etc. Please make it happen xpray

midnightsun

Veteran
Congrats for the best result ever! I love the song (though I stand is my favourite Czechian entry every!)

ES2011

Yeah, ČT really needs to start working on promoting the contest inside Czech Republic. They do a good job in presenting our entry to people in Europe, but they do absolutely no promo at all at home.

Televised national final could help, at least people would be more invested in the show, rooting for the favourite they selected etc. Please make it happen xpray

If you only joined the party since 2007 and failed to qualify in your first four attempts, only te receive 0 points from televoting when you finally DO reach the final, just to not qualify again the following year, I kind of understand the general disinterest for Eurovision among many Czechs :lol:.

Hope this result will change things though and of course a little promotion at national level will help a long way. But I still think the general disinterest is due to poor results throughout the countries Eurovision history. After not qualifying for a final 8 years in a row, I remember a that point the Duch people also started to disregard the contests and tended not to bother even watching the Semi, but a couple of year's of good performances have made the ratings skyrocket (altough this year was a bit dissapointing for us).

I think :cz: just needs to build a bit of more history and long-term success in Eurovision before large fandoms start to arise there, but I'm sure in the long-term, you'll definitily get there!

heke1988

Congratulations to Czech Republic for your best result in Eurovision Song Contest! You earned it!

Ezio

Veteran
#9 in Austria and best ESC entry in the charts besides Cesar

Realest

Guys, are you serious? Even in the czech Thread, Benjamin and Sweden gets hated..

lolita

Guys, are you serious? Even in the czech Thread, Benjamin and Sweden gets hated..

Yeah, he got hated everywhere, on the whole web, basically, but now it looks like "storm is over" and I am glad to see it. He gained lots of international fans, also, and he is doing really well, both with DYO and his other new single with Felix, so I am really calm and content with situation, now. :)

MonkeyJaw

Favourite entry on the night of the final; I predicted this to win. xdance
The freshest entry in this rather bad year.

nofuxCZ

Mikolas performed Lie To Me during yesterday's final of (Czech-Slovak) Idol show
Finally, Mikolas got the coverage which he deserves here as his performance was watched by almost 1 million viewers at the time he performed :mrgreen:

Pawhlen

I just can´t stop wondering if this would have been equally liked if it would had represented us? (Thinking mostly about the lyrics)

lolita

I just can´t stop wondering if this would have been equally liked if it would had represented us? (Thinking mostly about the lyrics)

I will repeat Rybak's rule: Step one-If song is popular among fandom- any kind of unpopular questions are not welcomed well. Anything you ask and say would be turned against you. :D We discussed this issue, few pages back on this thread, don't get yourself in problem, mate, unless you have strong nerves for arguing. ;)

Pawhlen

I will repeat Rybak's rule: Step one-If song is popular among fandom- any kind of unpopular questions are not welcomed well. Anything you ask and say would be turned against you. :D We discussed this issue, few pages back on this thread, don't get yourself in problem, mate, unless you have strong nerves for arguing. ;)
I have been bashed on this forum because of my nationality since I joined so it´s nothing new, just a simple wondering, I never said the song was bad

lolita

I have been bashed on this forum because of my nationality since I joined so it´s nothing new, just a simple wondering, I never said the song was bad

Aha, ok then, it means you are strong enough to deal with everything. :) I have been bashed, too, because I was defending :se:, lol, like it is my own country. :lol: I was just trying to be objective when I was doing it back then, exactly because I am not Swede myself, when I praised your success, I just haven't anything bad to think or to say about it.

Top Bottom