9 3.8%

5 2.1%

12 5.0%

• Total voters

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Now I don't understand one thing.
How this flopped in the semi while last year they had the WORST singer of the year with some anxiety problems yet they finished TOP5. Sennek was 1000000x times better than the previous girl I don't remember name of atm. (in case they were comparable cause that one can't be compared to nothing but our Margaret who claims it's hard to sing and dance at same time - girl, watch Eleni and cry in the corner)

Blanche didn't qualify with the juries, she was saved by televote. City lights has way more commercial appeal, and, besides being awful live, their staging las year was efficient. this time hmmm no

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The biggest disappointment so far. While I still love the song, that performance was.... :? Still feels bad tho </3

Yoozek

And yea, if you "beg" for votes, you don't get 200 + points. No way.

Let's see if Russia ends up in top5 this year, then I'm gonna quote your post again. There's no point in arguing whether Blanche did well. Got my ears and she sounded awful, looked awful and they decided to make a performance out of it (just like they're doing with Yulia.) and got top5 cause people bought all of that.

For most of people here Blanche was great, for me she was all shakey and utterly shitty vocally. End of story. Comparing her and Sennek - Blanche was the biggest flop for me since El & Nikki while Sennek was robbed. Both of these songs are meh, though.

Milos-BC

I love this song but, as soon as I saw it on stage, I knew she is not going through. This was one of the worst performances in semi1. It's a shame as it had potential but I am not surprised with the outcome.

Hopefully next year :be: will (once again) get it right.

Preuss

What I don't get is how any stage director could possible stage something like this, in the belief that it would benefit Sennek...? I mean what was the deal with the inclusion of the audience...? My sister thought it was a song trying to be fun and positive lol due to that

This is sadly the worst staging of the year
and one of the worst stagings I've ever seen in Eurovision

Ezio

Veteran
I nailed it with my prediction that she would not qualify. But that was solely based on the song, that for me, was too sleepy and tried to hard to sound clever.

The staging was the nail on the coffin. All these smiles and eye expressions were super creepy, and that was the only thing that eventually happened on stage. Corpse bride realness.

kayak

I'm not an expert (that's for sure), but i think, that her voice was not good that night

MonkeyJaw

Most overrated song of 2018; how this was so high up in OGAE I'll never understand. It's bland and boring, and deservedly did not qualify.

A bit like when Latvia was a heavily favoured in 2010 ("What For"). It never stood a chance.
Or perhaps it was just a big gay hit. I remember all the gays loving it.

94ayd

Most overrated song of 2018; how this was so high up in OGAE I'll never understand. It's bland and boring, and deservedly did not qualify.

A bit like when Latvia was a heavily favoured in 2010 ("What For"). It never stood a chance.
Or perhaps it was just a big gay hit. I remember all the gays loving it.

"What for?" remains a great song to this day, it's just that the performance was tragic...

MonkeyJaw

Only Mr. God knows?

Nah. Horehronie was all the rage that year! There I can understand the performance pulled it down somewhat...

Mainshow

Veteran
7 pts - good entry, amazing verses, flawless arrangement but the chorus can be a bit off-putting to some since her voice is very "distinctive" in some parts. The vocally weak and visually poor performance didn't really help either to make the audience connect to a great entry.

Realest

Staging really messed up this amazing song xcry

Not only the Staging is the Problem, Laura is a weak Livesinger and an even weaker Liveperformer, her Outfit was ridiculous plus the Song isnt instant enough.I can totally get why the Juries had her that high, but Im also not too surprised by the Televoting. I guess her overall Result makes sense.

Preuss

I'm not very picky about vocals and I thought she sounded great on the night, but that's just me probably :rolleyes:
Yes, I did fear that she wouldn't qualify due to that ridiculously strong semi but still... *sighs*

Staging messed this up and I don't understand what the idea from the stage director was really :?

Realest

Her high notes made my ears bleed to be honest.
I think "a matter of Time" would have qualified with a good singer.

Realest

She shouldnt have quit her Job at IKEA to be honest. She wont come far with Music tbh.
Nonetheless I wish her the Best of Course.

Top Bottom