29 12.3%

30 12.8%

21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

alca

One thing this whole event I think has confirmed for me is that the close up audience shots are pre recorded. Either that or the people at 1:46 of the performance are in a trance. They are in a state of euphoric bliss, jumping up and down as some man is on the stage screaming things into a microphone as Surie stands there exposed and defenseless. Like wouldn't you react in shock? Why is everyone jumping up and down and smiling as she's being attacked? And they continue to do so even the second time the camera pans in on them. Either possessed, being paid (a knowing part of the performance that's been told what to do) or it's pre recorded.

Hm.. Not sure about that. It's possible that they weren't looking at the stage or the big screens and were just listening to the song. Everything happened in seconds and they got him off stage pretty quickly (though they did a terrible job on not letting him get on stage in the first place). Plus, I think they kept going so they could support SuRie. I mean the audience had a huge reaction when she carried on... So I don't think they were pre-recorded.

I want to say a big kudos to SuRie for keep going after that. I would be terrified. The thing is that after the incident, SuRie's performance suddenly became more powerful. It was the audience cheering her that made her stronger but you could see she was pretty shook-up. I wanted to give her a hug after that. xrunhug Well, I gave her a vote instead. ;) That guy probably saved her from finishing in the bottom 5. I liked the song from the first time I heard it. I had it around my top 15th-17th.

Good job SuRie! I hope she can come back soon with something better!

AlekS

Veteran
Jamala praised her too during the broadcast, also remembering her own situation.
She was outraged & called him a "scumbag".
Her fellow commentator asked people to support SuRie with their votes during the recap.

wtf

Jamala praised her too during the broadcast, also remembering her own situation.
She was outraged & called him a "scumbag".
Her fellow commentator asked people to support SuRie with their votes during the recap.

Did Jamala express her opinion? Who were her favourites? :)

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

I saw you asked to upload the real performance! :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
Did Jamala express her opinion? Who were her favourites? :)

Jamala liked SuRie's reaction, she was surprised that she didn't perform one more time but if you talk about fave entries ... Austria, Israel and Ireland.

MyHeartIsYours

the people at 1:46 of the performance are in a trance. They are in a state of euphoric bliss, jumping up and down
Haha RW your descriptions always make me laugh :lol:

I have to say I have always wondered how they manage to get the audience shots given they have just a few seconds to take them and fans of each country could be positioned anywhere in the arena.

kayak

I hate hiding problems... Im really sad about Surie and this accident at her performance. I think she should take advantage of second performance to show, that security sucked.. Btw. i really enjoyed her performance, good job UK

GWTW1939

Poor SuRie. Twice a backing singer and finally her personal moment in the sun and then for it to be ruined by some jackass :( She handled herself like a pro and should be commended (has there been any official apology or explanation because I don't think I heard one :?) and while I do understand why she didn't choose to perform again it would have been nice if she did.

The real scary part wasn't the fact that the idiot got on stage but the fact he got on stage WITH A BACKPACK! It could have easily been a bomb if the guy was of that kind x0s Thank god all he did was grab the mic. and say something stupid and no one was hurt

grazy2266

Haha RW your descriptions always make me laugh :lol:

I have to say I have always wondered how they manage to get the audience shots given they have just a few seconds to take them and fans of each country could be positioned anywhere in the arena.

If you go to the Eurovision you will be amazed at how the whole thing words, the amount of camera's everywhere both automatic flying around the arena and manual camera people within the crowds, its all carefully put together as a live masterpeice, it's a real eye opener when you see how it all works. You never get to see the huge production team when watching on TV, for instance you never see the camera people on stage and down the front when the artists are performing,when watching on TV.

Rusch

I wonder if SuRie would consider going again next year if the BBC asked. It might make a nice change for one year, to have the public vote for a song for a pre-selected singer.

First: I liked her reaction very much. She was so professional. I seemed a bit strange, because you nerver truely missed her singing, because of the strong background courus. I guess she was supposed to sing some variation of the theme in that moment.
Second: I would also like to see her again, but next time with a strong song and not with such a cheese piece of music.

Sammy

Veteran
Yes! Bring SuRie back next year! I wasn‘t too keen when she was picked this year, but that was due to the song. But she has proved so much power, professionalism and charisma, that she should have the chance to show that again with a better song.

midnightsun

Veteran
Oh my God, what a terrible situation for her. You could literally feel her shock turning into anger. How furious she performed then! Incredible good reaction and performance. Kudos for staying that cool and reacting with a "now more than ever" attitude! I can't imagine any other artist being that strong.

That said, I still like the song and I think, there were a bunch of songs in the final worse than "Storm" but unfortunately also a bunch that were better. As I pointed out beforehand, if it was another year, she and the song would have been in my top 10. She didn't deserve to be at the bottom!

hugh

I hope SuRie represents the UK again next year, such a classy and gutsy woman.

Here's an interview post-Eurovision

wtf

BBC should choose her because of what happened. Write a top notch song for her and she's easily coming top 10, why not even winning the show!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She's actually gone to number 6 in the iTunes charts over here. Correct me if I'm wrong that's the highest place in a long time for one of our entries.

That interview also, she is not letting the score get her down and become bitter over it. She is such a wonderful positive person.

midnightsun

Veteran
Does she have pink hair or is it the lights? This looks so much better. Next year send her with exactly that look (including a happy, patterned sweater) singing a powerful, happy song!

mauve

Veteran
She is such a nice person with a wonderful voice. I would find it great if she came back once again with a better song.

Chorizo

She handled the situation very well. The only thing missing was a good song.

alca

I can't imagine any other artist being that strong.
Actually, I can. Our Yianna! She's such a "tomboy" sometimes (those who watch her instagram lives know what I'm talking about) so I'm pretty sure she would have slapped the guy to get the mic back and she would've kept going like nothing happned. :lol:

Btw, has anyone found any footage from inside the arena while the guy got on stage? Perhaps from a fan that was filming the stage at that point.

Top Bottom