29 12.3%

30 12.8%

21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

musicfan

Brexiteers and Bremainers don't always agree lol, but we do know that he isn't a Bremoaner (or at least that isn't what he was going on about). I don't think he has ever mentioned Brexit actually. His "protest" was because he sees the British media as Nazis and labels several of our leading journalists as the new Adolf Hitler. He has also insulted Her Majesty the Queen and when he came out supporting Jeremy Corbyn last year he said that he hopes that Corbyn never "kneels at the feet of that tiny thing and shiny hat", he loves Castro too and has also said that British people are cannibals and the "Germans of the 2nd World War".

Once again great job SuRie! :uk:

There's quite a few British people who hate tabloids and who indeed aren't even monarchists. His "British people are cannibals and the Germans of the 2nd World War" suggests he's completely lost his mind.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Tonight justified what was at the time a vexing choice made at Eurovision: You Decide. SuRie is an adult with all of the emotional maturity that comes with that, and while Asanda was a very composed, confident performer, that would've been a lot for a teen to cope with. I was relieved that :uk: were being represented by someone who could handle it and truly, truly amazed at how well they did. Had it been me, I, to quote the great Mystique Summers Madison, would've "whooped his f**king a**; b***h, I am from Chicago" (immaterial: we moved when I was 1). If not for anything voters had anything to do with, an entry to be proud of and, given expectations, a result to be proud of, too. Just...be careful. I'm all for having mature, professional performers at Eurovision, but an opportunity to show exactly how mature and professional an artist is won't always come along. Choose accordingly next time.

LalehForWD

DdBcsXdXkAEzOy2.jpg

I was so mad about this and so sorry for SuRie. What a selfish idiot!
In the end, it didn't hurt her though. I hope she can overlook this, be proud of her performance.and be able to look back on it with joy.

Iker

Veteran
SuRie should have got more points, a bit sad for her.

Really? I think that she would have gotten much less televote if not for that incident. I giggled when Polish TV commentator mentioned that the British are going
to be disappointed with their result when so many predicted dead last place and less than 10 points. Maybe only those
who are completely out-of-touch with Eurovision can be disappointed.

muisjep

I was in shock when that idiot took her microphone... Huge respect for SuRie. She staid so calm and started with singing again like nothing happened.

Amethystos

It was a good performance from the uk. Much much better than what we were used by them tha last years.

Many congrats to singer.

John1

I'm glad to see that SuRie didn't end up being last. She deserved to be in the top 10 after this stunning performance, she still killed the bridge of her entry.

mauve

Veteran
I'm glad to see that SuRie didn't end up being last. She deserved to be in the top 10 after this stunning performance, she still killed the bridge of her entry.

Even after that incident that she mastered wonderfully, she did never deserve to be in top 10. The song was not strong enough.

Ausesken

The reaction of the audience xheart xheart

Amaia and Alfred said she told them she didn't want to perform again because it would be like giving that stupid guy the significance he was asking for. Respect.

Alaska49

poor girl. i respect her a lot for going hard and unbothered and choosing to not perform again. the song grew on me too.

but she waa never placing better than this lol

bstream

Whoever is selecting the actual artists for "You Decide" is doing a good job. SuRie undoubtedly handled the situation masterfully. She has been positive all season long, interacting with fans and the press in a jovial and conversational matter. If Eurovision was an election for a parliament or legislature she would win a seat lol. Unfortunately, UK is going on yet another year of a host of just meh "You Decide" songs that probably Rybak couldn't even elevate.

Whoever is commissioning the "You Decide" songs needs to sit down and watch a Youtube compilation of the top 10 entries of the last 4-5 years. UK, see Germany 2010, 2012, and this year. Germany went millennia without winning, and pulled it off. Last night, they scored higher than they have in 18 years.

I'm waiting for the day the UK national final rivals Melfest with slickness. It can happen. When it will happen, I can only hope it will happen soon. The UK as a Eurovision powerhouse would be a sight to see.

musicfan

Amaia and Alfred said she told them she didn't want to perform again because it would be like giving that stupid guy the significance he was asking for. Respect.

Yes, that's what I would expect her to say, though that wasn't the official reason given. You expect to perform once and not to have to do it all over again as some kind of anticlimax after the full running order is done.

Sammy

Veteran
She is the winner of the non-existing bravery/professionality award! How she handled this situation was stunning and one had the impression that afterwards she was a really storm, getting the last possible bit of power, emotion, charisma and strength out of herself and on the stage. She can be VERY proud and I'm quite angry that the public didn't reward her this by placing her higher.

esc87fan

She is the winner of the non-existing bravery/professionality award! How she handled this situation was stunning and one had the impression that afterwards she was a really storm, getting the last possible bit of power, emotion, charisma and strength out of herself and on the stage. She can be VERY proud and I'm quite angry that the public didn't reward her this by placing her higher.

I agree! If there was an award for the artist that truly embodied the Eurovision spirit this year, SuRie would have won hands down. Her courage and tenacity yesterday surely won her a lot of respect and love from people, she truly embraced the experience and was so kind to everyone - I'll still never forget how she graciously stepped in for Émilie in Amsterdam to perform the French entry with Jean-Karl. I hope she keeps making music for a long time and continues to make people smile

toinou03

I agree! If there was an award for the artist that truly embodied the Eurovision spirit this year, SuRie would have won hands down. Her courage and tenacity yesterday surely won her a lot of respect and love from people, she truly embraced the experience and was so kind to everyone - I'll still never forget how she graciously stepped in for Émilie in Amsterdam to perform the French entry with Jean-Karl. I hope she keeps making music for a long time and continues to make people smile

Yes, our commentators insisted several times on her replacing Emilie and that she was very nice and fair-play. :)

bouncybobcat

I wonder if SuRie would consider going again next year if the BBC asked. It might make a nice change for one year, to have the public vote for a song for a pre-selected singer.

Carian

Well, I feel for Surie for sure, but one cannot avoid the fact that her act was interrupted by her fellow countryman and the target of this incident was BBC, not her. If this world were fair, BBC would have apologized to her. I could go on, but I really don't want to get into messy debates with commentators here. All I will say in the end is that the whole matter is quite ironic.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
One thing this whole event I think has confirmed for me is that the close up audience shots are pre recorded. Either that or the people at 1:46 of the performance are in a trance. They are in a state of euphoric bliss, jumping up and down as some man is on the stage screaming things into a microphone as Surie stands there exposed and defenseless. Like wouldn't you react in shock? Why is everyone jumping up and down and smiling as she's being attacked? And they continue to do so even the second time the camera pans in on them. Either possessed, being paid (a knowing part of the performance that's been told what to do) or it's pre recorded.

Top Bottom