16 6.2%

14 5.4%

5 1.9%

7 2.7%

9 3.5%

24 9.3%

• Total voters

bstream

If I remember correctly, in the post-show livestream last night, [MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION] said Czech Republic scored more points last night than they ever have in every other participation combined.

Any. Country. Can. Do. Well. Period.

mauve

Veteran
For me, it doesn't mean anything. You think as you like, and don't quote me, I don't have time for stupid and pointless argues.

Oh, Drama queen. Won't quote you anymore because it's useless.

Sammy

Veteran
Congratulations neighbors for your best result ever. Hopefully this will boost Eurovision and bring more great czech artists in the future. Mikolas did an amazing job!

nofuxCZ

If I remember correctly, in the post-show livestream last night, [MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION] said Czech Republic scored more points last night than they ever have in every other participation combined.

Any. Country. Can. Do. Well. Period.

Yup, any country can do well and any country can fail if they send a bad song with bad performance, after this year I think everyone has to understand that finally :D

crashworld

Veteran
Congrats to :cz: to your first ever top. 10 position xcheer

I for one never really got the appeal of this, so here I must agree with the juries more than televoters. To me this will forever sound like a homemade Jason Derulo / Justin Timberlake affair and the performance was a bit cringe. But Mikolas is selling it well, and I think with a stronger entry he could have probably ended up better.

Still though, I hope this means that :cz: will try harder in the future.

Same. The whole chic-geek image just doesn't appeal to me much. The song is basically sing-talk and the performance is so over-the-place. I am just surprised how well-like this entry is. I got a feeling it's because it's done by Czech Republic as no one would have thought they will pull out this kind of songs. Had this song is being presented by Sweden, it would have been heavily criticized.

lolita

Same. The whole chic-geek image just doesn't appeal to me much. The song is basically sing-talk and the performance is so over-the-place. I am just surprised how well-like this entry is. I got a feeling it's because it's done by Czech Republic as no one would have thought they will pull out this kind of songs. Had this song is being presented by Sweden, it would have been heavily criticized.

Yeah, I am basically talking about this from beginning, and I am 100% sure of it, but everyone is playing on card being deaf to our words. :rolleyes: Lie to Me is nowhere near masterpiece like fandom are treating it. They love it only because it comes from Czechia, that is it. If it was from Sweden, erveryone will call it Jason Derulo wannabe, Talk Dirty To Me rip-off, like they acused Mans of copying Guetta.

megzpegz

I can't believe your saying it did well because it's the Czech Republic. Why have they never done this well before then?

lolita

Because Swedes send commercial songs ten years in a row, and people got tired of it, and Czech Rep. always send awful, boring and dated songs, and they sent commercial, generic songs for the first time ever, and they are immediately praised. Don't get me wrong, I like Mikolas same as Benjamin, I know they are both hard-working and talented, but I don't get this awful double-standards treatment. Even blind people could see it. I am glad Mikolas came 6th, it is amazing, but I hate hummiliation Sweden received, with the almost same quality and as much generic song.

lolita

I am just sure that if this song was from Sweden, no matter how good it is, fandom would be totally mad towards Sweden, and that is my point, I don't think it is bad song or anything like that. I love both songs, because I've said I appreciate modern music. :)

nofuxCZ

If it was from Sweden, erveryone will call it Jason Derulo wannabe, Talk Dirty To Me rip-off, like they acused Mans of copying Guetta.

Yeah, because no one calls it Jason Derulo wannabe or Talk Dirty To Me rip-off now right? :lol: you had lots of people in this thread and even more people on Youtube or the internet calling it like that

lolita

Yeah, because no one calls it Jason Derulo wannabe or Talk Dirty To Me rip-off now right? :lol: you had lots of people in this thread and even more people on Youtube or the internet calling it like that

Well, it is hard to be original these days, anyway, I am not throwing shade or something, really. :lol:There is no need for that, I was talking about treatment of the fandom towards countries, not the songs. I had Mikolas in my top 10 from the beginning, so I am happy he achieved top 10 placement. :)

Ezio

Veteran
A question to all the Czechs, how does Eurovision success taste for you?

Sammy

Veteran
Chapeau, Mikolas! After the injury and the stress - to have the courage to do the flip in the final! And he did it so well! I'm really impressed and I hope we will see more of him in the future. As for me - he could become Czech Republics Valentina. :lol:

Yoozek

Chapeau, Mikolas! After the injury and the stress - to have the courage to do the flip in the final! And he did it so well! I'm really impressed and I hope we will see more of him in the future. As for me - he could become Czech Republics Valentina. :lol:

You mean he's gonna flop 4 times from now on?

nofuxCZ

Mikolas will do a little "thank you" concert at Wenceslas square at 19:00 tomorrow :D

Later on, he plans to fly to Los Angeles where he should record his new single.

He has already arranged a meeting with Benjamin Ingrosso in LA, he said they plan to record something together :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

lolita

Mikolas will do a little "thank you" concert at Wenceslas square at 19:00 tomorrow :D

Later on, he plans to fly to Los Angeles where he should record his new single.

He has already arranged a meeting with Benjamin Ingrosso in LA, he said they plan to record something together :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I can't wait for this, two amazing, talented, young artists. They are friends, too, so nice. :)

Top Bottom