14 7.3%

14 7.3%

11 5.7%

7 3.6%

31 16.1%

• Total voters

DanielLuis

Yeah I highly doubt that is true.
Either way hopefully Azerbaijan will send something more authentic in 2019! Hopefully this encourages ITV to be bolder and try harder, instead of leading into a string of NQ's or bad results.

Sammy

Veteran
How does the azeri press comments on this? Is it rather the "oh that was so unfair" or the "well we made it so many times in the past, we'll come back stronger next year"-reaction?

Marko279

I like this song. Could be that because it was first in performing line, and people could be late to watch esc.
Stage performance is kind of repetitive. Only 3 - 4 moves.

popavapeur

I'm glad she's not in prison due to NQ and they're thinking about sending her next year with a song that fits her better (hope that's true)

Bakinka

1debb25ae2b9.jpg

911e89cea17e.jpg

musicfan

I like this song. Could be that because it was first in performing line, and people could be late to watch esc.
Stage performance is kind of repetitive. Only 3 - 4 moves.

I don't think it needed many moves, the camerawork was great I thought, fluid, with the focus on the singer when needed. Sparkly pop song with fun lyrics and vocal was perfectly fine. The focus was on the music and with this kind of song which is busy that can work. Opening with a good song can end up sacrificing it, no doubt this was near qualifying, and no doubt that it deserved to make it as well.

crashworld

Veteran
I am very upset that this did not qualify. "X My Heart" is such an uplifting song with a positive message. The staging was definitely one of the best that night. The opening shot alone is just breath-taking. I think the sound mixing was way off so it could have come across that Aisel has bad vocal abilities. But taken that away, I thought it was a great presentation, even better than some of the qualifiers out there in terms of the overall package (I am looking at you - Albania and Austria).

I have read alot of people saying this song is generic and does not deserve to qualify. These people are hypocrites. There are many generic songs out there in the competition, Australia, Finland and Cyprus being the most disposable pop songs you can get in the competition. There are also carbon-copies where Czech Republic is a rip-off of Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty" and Austria is like a poor man's version of "Take Me To Church". So how authentic are these entries? I feel that people are being way harsh on Azerbaijan and sounded bitter because they used to have 100% qualification record. It almost feels that there is a vendetta against Azerbaijan this year.

And all this talk about Azerbaijan having the need to send authentic entries, oh please, "authenticity" is overrated. I feel that they should just in an entry that whatever feels best for the country/artist. Eurovision is now becoming a platform for pretentious people to put down fun and feel good songs and be an advocate for boring songs just because the performer can showcase the vocal abilities. This is not a talent contest FFS.

musicfan

I am very upset that this did not qualify. "X My Heart" is such an uplifting song with a positive message. The staging was definitely one of the best that night. The opening shot alone is just breath-taking. I think the sound mixing was way off so it could have come across that Aisel has bad vocal abilities. But taken that away, I thought it was a great presentation, even better than some of the qualifiers out there in terms of the overall package (I am looking at you - Albania and Austria).

I have read alot of people saying this song is generic and does not deserve to qualify. These people are hypocrites. There are many generic songs out there in the competition, Australia, Finland and Cyprus being the most disposable pop songs you can get in the competition. There are also carbon-copies where Czech Republic is a rip-off of Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty" and Austria is like a poor man's version of "Take Me To Church". So how authentic are these entries? I feel that people are being way harsh on Azerbaijan and sounded bitter because they used to have 100% qualification record. It almost feels that there is a vendetta against Azerbaijan this year.

And all this talk about Azerbaijan having the need to send authentic entries, oh please, "authenticity" is overrated. I feel that they should just in an entry that whatever feels best for the country/artist. Eurovision is now becoming a platform for pretentious people to put down fun and feel good songs and be an advocate for boring songs just because the performer can showcase the vocal abilities. This is not a talent contest FFS.

There's no doubt some far weaker songs qualified, this effort was classy. I do like the Australian song and I wanted it to qualify, but even that one (which is probably the most comparable to this) has weaker lyrics and had a less composed performance. Other songs like the Czech and Austrian don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as this one.

I heard some compare this to Euphoria but I think this song is much better. Euphoria was hyped more for the staging (the strange dancing and lighting) as the song itself was always average. The chorus in this one adds that extra bit of energy which lifts it to another level.

tuorem

Putting the quality of the song aside, I felt like from day one Aisel wasn't the right person to pull it off anyway. She's not a popstar, hence why her performance felt so wrong and not credible imo. In addition to that, she's got a beautiful voice, but there was no room for it to shine. Why bother picking someone like her honestly? A random talent show participant would have been more suitable.

I would love her to come back with something much more true to herself.

crashworld

Veteran
Now I want to know the split results. I wonder if the jury or the televote harmed this entry.
I got a feeling Lithuania, Finland and Albania probably got the push from the jury to topple Azerbaijan off.

DaFlo

Banned
Now I want to know the split results. I wonder if the jury or the televote harmed this entry.
I got a feeling Lithuania, Finland and Albania probably got the push from the jury to topple Azerbaijan off.

She got exactly the same points from televoter & juries, 47 each :lol:

crashworld

Veteran
She got exactly the same points from televoter & juries, 47 each :lol:

OK. Now I saw the split results.
So basically they did no. 12 in televoter and juries respectively.
So meaning to say, this song is destined not to qualify. This is sad.
I actually thought it will do well in televotes.

Galandar

It seems we just missed it out :( F... the one who decided to put it 1st in the rinning order T()

Galandar

Btw ITV has a new general director. His name is Balash Kasumov. I believe he will help to bring the channel to the next level. I also hope next time we come back stronger.

Galandar

Azeri jury sucks so badly. Retarder bunch of idiots!!! How can one vote only for eastern countries, except for Germany who received some 2 points. For this kind of „jury“ you need to make a blind listening so that they vote for songs not for countries X-OIxgaah

Id rather prefer to see our televoting results as the only vote from Azerbaijan.

Top Bottom