Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

theditz83

Veteran
Our commentators used to do that too in previous years, but not this year so far. It's so disrespectful to viewers to spoil them like that tbh, I remember I hated it when they were doing that.

It's a trend with the sort of tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic commentary style that the BBC is infamous for that they will always make fun of or hint at various quirky elements of the peeformances to look out for, but this was probably the most obvious spoiler that they've done in a while. They didn't do it with Spain's 2016 entry that I remember (although I might not have been paying attention).

ag89

Slovenian song has a crazy cool rhythm, this would be good for some crazy clubs at 3am when people are already too drunk. :D

tuorem

Slovenian song has a crazy cool rhythm, this would be good for some crazy clubs at 3am when people are already too drunk. :D

This crazy cool rhythm makes me dance like a maniac, it pays my bills, makes my teeth whiter and reduces greenhouse gas emissions too. It's that addictive it could even impeach Donald Trump I guess. :lol:

Just watch "Hvala, Ne!" win tonight :lol:

Yoozek

This crazy cool rhythm makes me dance like a maniac, it pays my bills, makes my teeth whiter and reduces greenhouse gas emissions too. It's that addictive it could even impeach Donald Trump I guess. :lol:

Just watch "Hvala, Ne!" win tonight :lol:

And all these 501 odds.... You put 20€, you get 10000€

tuorem

Good luck to Lea and Slovenija! xheart Apparently, she's expected to be bottom 5... Hopefully, she'll defy the odds again! :)

EscGeek

Veteran
It's a trend with the sort of tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic commentary style that the BBC is infamous for that they will always make fun of or hint at various quirky elements of the peeformances to look out for, but this was probably the most obvious spoiler that they've done in a while. They didn't do it with Spain's 2016 entry that I remember (although I might not have been paying attention).

See? I told you all a page or two back that Barei's fake moment wasn't even noticeable :lol:

Gordon_Shumway

Lea's performance was flawless, she really nailed it.
And they found a good solution for that "fake mistake": Lea didn't say "can we have the music please", the time till the sound came back was slightly longer and the crowd responded very well.

Carian

Lea WAS NOT a border qualifier. I am now relieved :)

I am quite pleased with the results. And above all - Sweden & juries - in your face from televoters hahaha. I could not understand the jury vote. Almost entirely disconnected from the people/televoters.

Oh, and Norway won 2nd semifinal. Are you for real Europe? LOL

And I was quite right - Finland was a borderline qualifier.

Finally, Lea, congrats. I luv you, good job, well done, and you have proven all hardcore fans not to rely too much on betting odds! Firstly, if we had believed them, you shouldn't qualify in the first place, and secondly, if we had believed them, you should have been last in the finals. You've proved them wrong!

Guys, enjoy!

tuorem

Congrats to Lea for making it nonetheless xclap I hoped she would at least avoid the bottom 5, but oh well. xheart I'm still glad she was there to party tonight.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'll consider the 22nd place a tribute to me since my birthday is on (july) 22nd

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU LEA

Carian

Congrats to Lea for making it nonetheless xclap I hoped she would at least avoid the bottom 5, but oh well. xheart I'm still glad she was there to party tonight.

Come on, I am a Slovenian and I am not disappointed at all! I still think that she should go for that trick with electricity. :)

On the other hand, as I said earlier, I am pround of our girl :) Congrats to Estonia, I was thinking of you again... tuorem, whenever I see pop opera, I think of you. That's a fact.

EscGeek

Veteran
I was counting on a left side of the scoreboard (because the start was epic) , but the final is still a final.. something we shouldn't take for granted xmusic xcheer

KeucFan

I was hoping we wouldn’t be last or get a null pointer in either of the scoring, so my expectations this year were exceeded. It is how it is, final is like a win for us. Hopefully we keep sending good songs and not total bores like 2016 and 2017.

tuorem

Come on, I am a Slovenian and I am not disappointed at all! I still think that she should go for that trick with electricity. :)

On the other hand, as I said earlier, I am pround of our girl :) Congrats to Estonia, I was thinking of you again... tuorem, whenever I see pop opera, I think of you. That's a fact.

I'm not disappointed either :) I'm glad that your bold choice has been rewarded by a qualification this year. I voted for Lea several times tonight, France better have given you some points. :D

I hope it'll encourage new Slovenian acts to take part in EMA with songs that sound different. I'd like to see you reach the televoters top 10 someday :D You've got so much potential. ;)

Carian

I'm not disappointed either :) I'm glad that your bold choice has been rewarded by a qualification this year. I voted for Lea several times tonight, France better have given you some points. :D

I hope it'll encourage new Slovenian acts to take part in EMA with songs that sound different. I'd like to see you reach the televoters top 10 someday :D You've got so much potential. ;)

Oh thanx dear. And I must say I am sorry about France today. In fact, I knew that wouldn't go well the moment I saw their performance. It didn't come off well on the screen. And those outfits. Unforgiven - even if you like them!!! :lol:

As for Slovenia and our musical taste and our representatives.... I cannot promise you anything. We are one of the weirdest ESC nations. Like Portugal. One day we will win. Probably we will have to wait for 68 years like Portugal :)

Otherwise, I must tell you one thing. I am really proud of myself this year. I am not upset even one bit. I am actually amused by the results, placements etc. I am curious. What was the biggest positive and negative shocker for you tonight?

tuorem

Oh thanx dear. And I must say I am sorry about France today. In fact, I knew that wouldn't go well the moment I saw their performance. It didn't come off well on the screen. And those outfits. Unforgiven - even if you like them!!! :lol:

As for Slovenia and our musical taste and our representatives.... I cannot promise you anything. We are one of the weirdest ESC nations. Like Portugal. One day we will win. Probably we will have to wait for 68 years like Portugal :)

Otherwise, I must tell you one thing. I am really proud of myself this year. I am not upset even one bit. I am actually amused by the results, placements etc. I am curious. What was the biggest positive and negative shocker for you tonight?

Oh yeah, personally I'm ok with MM's results. Not what most people expected obviously, but I could live with that. The staging was... there was no staging, let's be honest :lol: And the outfits :mrgreen: I'm not responsible for them, please hold while I transfer your call to JP Gaultier.

Positive shocker for me was (oddly enough) Czech Republic. I'm not fond of the song, but I'm glad they did that well in the end. I don't understand why he wasn't supported by juries as much as Sweden was :rolleyes: Also Lithuania got a good result, I wanted Ieva to beat Ireland, which she did. So I'm happy with that.

Negative shocker: Austria first with juries. I knew this was a jury song more than anything, but first place was totally overrated imo. To me, it was one of the few songs of the evening that stood out the least. :? I'm also sad for Portugal, they didn't deserve to tank.

What about you? :)

musicfan

She did well again. And the song wasn't trying to fake the audience it was simply a pause in the song which was done well. The results were weird in this Eurovision even more than normal.

Top Bottom