Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

EscGeek

Veteran
[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

And your number 40 is almost the first in betting odds now to take the trophy! GOOOSH!

We have to stop that win somehow!! :eek:
i'm not sure what's happening but the odds are changing so fast this year..
i was shocked when ireland made it.. i'd be less shocked if iceland made it though somehow..

Ezio

Veteran
I hope all the fans who voted for her out of sympathy for these technical problems, will not be upset with her, if they realize it was fake ^^

Carian

I don’t understand a word in her song while she is singing, except "Hvala ne” :D and in Slovenia I normally speak Serbian they speak Slovenian and I understand…but in this song, NOTHING.. :?
I have been to Slovenia for 1st may holidays!
Kovecski Rog, Kocevje, Novo Mesto, Dolenjske Toplice, Postojnska Jama, Zagreb (Croatia), Trieste (Italy).. :)

She is rapping really fast. I can't hear clearly all words either. But I don't bother. Besides, she is from the Coastal region, so it's possible that also her accent makes everything more "fluid" :geek:
As for your trip, you've really taken your time here. I hope you enjoyed! So, any pretty Slovenian girl or boy has caught your eye? :)

Finally - WELCOME BACK, we've missed you!

Carian

[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

hahahahaha watch out, Spanish fans are so agresive, you see Spanish video from the semi has 43 000 likes..and they now blame Portugal and Bjorkman for tehir slot in the final (2).. :lol:
They grew on me though, after that performance I liked t. :D

They are now my no12 in the final... :lol:

I see Netta is still your no2..i hope she wins.. xyaaay
I think Slovenian televoting will love her so much!

Did you like our entry and performance in the semi, it remains your number 14!?

This is how I vote in the final:

1 point Denmark
2 points Czech Republic
3 points Australia
4 points Serbia
5 points Israel
6 points Albania
7 points Slovenia
8 points Portugal
10 points France
12 points Bulgaria

xdancexcookie

Oh my God - Mrm! We have the same favorite to win!!!! :lol:

I also hope that Bulgaria takes it home - that grand finale of their song - that majestic traditional sound by the wig lady, that's simply amazing!

And as for the fight Slovenia vs. Serbia for Croatian votes - I think we will get their 12 points, and you will get Macedonian and Montenegrian 12 points :)

Carian

Good to know that you had fun :D

I can never be fully satisfied with the results... Polish NQ was a shock for me..I also expected Switzerland and Latvia to make it, but i guess not :(
I'm happy for Lea.. she was my favorite from the day when we've heard all of the ema snippets. #FeelsGoodMan, #SizeDoesntMatter xyes:mrgreen:

When i saw San Marino's performance i was so stunned, that i completely missed Denmark. Lucky for me, it was the same as in the NF :lol:
Moldova wowed me too.. They were so fun to watch.
Regarding the first semi, i think i'm the only one here defending :mk: Marija's outfit... (You know that feeling :mrgreen:)

I'm also satisfied with Waylon of course. Performances were great! Except maybe Sennek's performance wasn't what i had in mind, (at times she looked scary) but the song is too good to be a fader on my list. I actually haven't made any huge last minute changes this year. I'll make a top video after the final as always, but here's the old one
http://escunited.com/forum/threads/17005-Eurovision-2018-Your-Top-lists?p=1804782&viewfull=1#post1804782

Dear EscGeek, my fellow countryman,

We actually agree this year quite a lot about entries. Switzerland was more than worthy of qualifying! Honestly, I was staring at her hips all the time, and if I weren't gay, I'd probably want to have babies with that Swiss lady!

As for the Macedonian dress - that was hideous! Such a pretty girl and such dress! Shame on her stylist. I hope he/she got fired!!!!!

San Marino was fun and #SizeDoesntMatter was epic. When I saw it, I've lost my s.it - in a good sense. I wish San Marino had come through, but okey. Next year, Valentina will be back hehe.

Moldova was okey, I actually prefer their NF show. These national colour dresses are simply ... Not working for me? And I wish those hot dancers from NF were still here. Sennek - I don't know, I never understood what people find so fascinating about this song. It's sounds like some commercial tune for some overly expensive dishwasher.

The only song I am still grieving and I will never get over for not qualifying is Greece. I don't understand what happened here. Poor Yianna! Loved her before the show, and I will love her even after the show.

A-lister

Veteran
Do you like the entry?

It's alright, I think she deserved to qualify, I like that it's a bit different from your standard entry, that it's sung in native language, it has a slight K-Pop feeling to it but in the meantime it's a bit under-produced. I kind of enjoy it, but more as a qualifier than top candidate. Top. 20/15 out of all entries this year (which is quite good considering there are totally 43 entries and this year has a pretty strong average).

EscGeek

Veteran
Dear EscGeek, my fellow countryman,

We actually agree this year quite a lot about entries. Switzerland was more than worthy of qualifying! Honestly, I was staring at her hips all the time, and if I weren't gay, I'd probably want to have babies with that Swiss lady!

As for the Macedonian dress - that was hideous! Such a pretty girl and such dress! Shame on her stylist. I hope he/she got fired!!!!!

San Marino was fun and #SizeDoesntMatter was epic. When I saw it, I've lost my s.it - in a good sense. I wish San Marino had come through, but okey. Next year, Valentina will be back hehe.

Moldova was okey, I actually prefer their NF show. These national colour dresses are simply ... Not working for me? And I wish those hot dancers from NF were still here. Sennek - I don't know, I never understood what people find so fascinating about this song. It's sounds like some commercial tune for some overly expensive dishwasher.

The only song I am still grieving and I will never get over for not qualifying is Greece. I don't understand what happened here. Poor Yianna! Loved her before the show, and I will love her even after the show.
Omg, you're so polite, sir :mrgreen:

If :ch: Corinne's hips have hypnotized you, then you can just imagine how i felt xheat
And you know how i know i liked the macedonian girl's dress? It was all that i was thinking about the next day. Maybe for all the wrong reasons, but an impression is still an impression.
And about Moldova, i like the show with mirrors too, but what i saw yesterday, was an upgrade.. I'm so ready for a surprise moldovan victory (especially now that so many eastern countries failed)

Milos-BC

Lea nailed it, I think her performance was absolutely the best one from semi 2 :D Even the break worked perfectly. I will certainly vote for her tonight as well. We both need to defend the ex-yu honor properly tonight and we sure will! xcheer :D

aef

I hope all the fans who voted for her out of sympathy for these technical problems, will not be upset with her, if they realize it was fake ^^

I'm really curious if it was a big boost for her in the televoting... And yes, it will be also interesting to see how it will work out tonight. She has to do the same thing again, right?

Gordon_Shumway

I'm really curious if it was a big boost for her in the televoting... And yes, it will be also interesting to see how it will work out tonight. She has to do the same thing again, right?

I was also wondering about that. On the one hand, tonight there will be a LOT of viewers all over Europe who hear and see all performances for the very first time. On the other hand, people who have followed the rehearsals might be disappointed or bored by the "fake". That it is no real technical issue but only a joke becomes obvious even for the first time viewer, I think. In any case, I think the performance is strong enough to get a midfield place in the end.

musicfan

I don't think it's just done as a fakeout, it's funny as well. Plus it's a good performance. Some others have expensive effects and staging so all entries need something to make people remember them easier when there's so many songs.

theditz83

Veteran
Just out of interest, did the commentators in other countries not mention the "technical issue" during the postcard before Slovenia performed? Scott Mills and Rylan on the BBC told us before and after the performance that it was all intentional with a little "lol" :(

Lietuvis

Just out of interest, did the commentators in other countries not mention the "technical issue" during the postcard before Slovenia performed? Scott Mills and Rylan on the BBC told us before and after the performance that it was all intentional with a little "lol" :(

Edit: Actually, just re-watched it. Lithuanian commentators did mention it after the song, explaining it how they liked that part and that it was intended.

musicfan

You could see it as making fun of the fact that they are all waiting on the backing track and that only the vocals are live.

strupberry

Even before? :eek: That's low... Robbing the viewers of the original experience, may it be positive or negative...
But then again, could still work in favour of the song.. all those viewers carefully waiting for "the issue". :D

theditz83

Veteran
Even before? :eek: That's low... Robbing the viewers of the original experience, may it be positive or negative...
But then again, could still work in favour of the song.. all those viewers carefully waiting for "the issue". :D

Yeah, I already knew about it since I'd followed the rehearsals, but my mother was taken aback since she doesn't really pay attention to the commentators during the postcards, and then when they repeated the "hitch" was intentional, she said "oh, that's unique - what a way to get the audience behind them" so I reckon there might be a touch of sympathy votes but not if the commentators mention it beforehand. ;)

tuorem

Yeah, I already knew about it since I'd followed the rehearsals, but my mother was taken aback since she doesn't really pay attention to the commentators during the postcards, and then when they repeated the "hitch" was intentional, she said "oh, that's unique - what a way to get the audience behind them" so I reckon there might be a touch of sympathy votes but not if the commentators mention it beforehand. ;)

Our commentators used to do that too in previous years, but not this year so far. It's so disrespectful to viewers to spoil them like that tbh, I remember I hated it when they were doing that.

crashworld

Veteran
I am happy that Slovenia managed to go through to the finals. Lea is an amazing performer and she is very charismatic.
I thought they being sneaky to do a fake technical fault to the performance.
Hope she does relatively well in the finals!

And also, I doubt people will vote for her because of sympathy votes. It did not work for Russia, so I don't think it worked for Slovenia.

Top Bottom