18 9.3%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Commentators are rehearsing as well :D Prytula is preparing to comment on STB:

qAKwd22.jpg

Douwe Bob?

Fierro

My honest opinion on rehearsal clip. I feel awkward and disappointed. MELOVIN and his team are so talented and do their job great but two things completely destroy immersion for me:

1) Poor, not. . atrocious! camera work. I despise how they show the staging from the worst possible angles.
2) Audio. I don't hear backing track at all. Only his singing. I want to enjoy entire song, not acapella!!!

Thus said I don't feel the song on this stage at all and I even think there's slight chance we don't qualify to final. No TOP-10, sorry, unless production team will make a miracle (I mean fixing camera and sound).

A-lister

Veteran
In your opinion but not in mine, he lives up to his material like no other and it suits him very well.

Just different opinions :), I think you didn't really get my point though so I'll not dig deeper into it :lol:

Good for you that you support your entry though xclap, I wish I could have the same enthusiasm for our entry but I can't fool myself into liking something that isn't really good xshrug. I guess in the case of Ukraine, I'll just have to pass and wait until next year, after a couple of years of dryness from Ukraine's side, I hope you'll get back to form and once again prove me why I rank you one of the best ESC countries of all time.... but that's for the 2019 thread though.

Milos-BC

:ua: never disappoints :D At least not in my case. I really like this song. He's not in my overall top 10 but he is quite close nonetheless. This should have no issues of passing the semi at all.

6 points.

Fierro

Now I think this is glorious. Have been listening and watching his jury performance numerous times xheat

BTW What is he doing with Kirkorov here? :lol:

UmUHnj58-N0.jpg

Also Diva Monroe xheart xheart xheart

XDsqOxcxbCA.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
The Ukrainian lyrics are so off though. Not any better than English tbh.

Maybe, but to a non-Ukrainian speaker it sounds nicer and more fitting. Why people insist on having English in ethnical songs I still don't get, it might work in ethno-Pop, but this wasn't really one those entries.

Anyways, we'll see if she's back next year, her entry was ok but nothing astonishing.

WhoKnows

Fascinating interview with Ruslan Kvinta (in charge of this year's National Selection). It's in Russian, but he talks about Melovin, the song and ESC in general.

Some highlights
-He doesn't sing Under the Ladder is a hit song, but Melovin is a great performer and really wanted to go to ESC
-He thinks Melovin will finish around 14-15. He also thought Alekseev will do better, around 13-14 because he's famous. lol
-Gaitana was depressed after her ESC flop.

WhoKnows

Maybe, but to a non-Ukrainian speaker it sounds nicer and more fitting. Why people insist on having English in ethnical songs I still don't get, it might work in ethno-Pop, but this wasn't really one those entries.

Anyways, we'll see if she's back next year, her entry was ok but nothing astonishing.

I would say, of all the finalists this year, she's probably most likely to come back next year. Or at least try.

A-lister

Veteran
I would say, of all the finalists this year, she's probably most likely to come back next year. Or at least try.

I can somehow see Ukraine going back to an internal selection though, not sure why.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Correct me if i'm wrong... but I do believe Ukraine is now the last country standing with a 100% record. xthink

Brandt

He knows how to rock the stage. One of my absolute favourites this year. Go :ua:

Top Bottom