18 7.6%

1 0.4%

5 2.1%

9 3.8%

5 2.1%

12 5.0%

• Total voters

musicfan

I don't get any of the hype over the Belgian entry, the chorus with the repeated 'echo' motif is actually quite annoying and cheap sounding. Some may like the vocal sound in the verse but it isn't a great melody, though some these days just seem to prefer a cool mood. Even that is ripped apart by the chorus though.

aef

I really start enjoying this one right now! It's a little bit like with :be: last year for me... Another slow grower... Oh but well in fact I finally started liking City lights some time after the contest (because of the weak performance in the shows) haha :lol: So A Matter of Time is like an early bird for me in this case... I'll give it 8 points for now!

lorens

Love love love LOVE it. I don't even know what to say, besides that Belgium has guaranteed its spot in my TOP 3 countries to look forward every year. 12 points!

mauve

Veteran
Still like a lot. It will be definitely among my top 10. Great song and even a better voice!

Kairit

Belgium is truly becoming a masterclass at Eurovision. This really stands out with quality between all the other songs and the whole entry is brilliantly crafted with real thought and artistry put into it from the lyrics to the video to the composition. I love the beginning a lot ... Feels like it's building up to something really great, but the chorus is slightly lacking for me in the end. The echoes, echoes part is super catchy and a central part of the song and I like that, but besides that it's not something that really grabs you and lifts the song to real heights. I'm not sure how much it works with the verses. All in all, even if it's grown on me a lot and it's so hard to not have it in my top 10 (I do), it's still not something that fully has me though or something I'll be truly rooting for (or have on repeat for weeks), and it's a downgrade from last year. Don't think it'll do as well as Blanche, though it can still achieve a respectable result. But I'm continously excited about Belgium's future entries at this point, because this is definetly not a disappointment either. (Also love her voice xheart)

Mrm

Veteran
I hope this will be Finland of 2018...Norma John was really popular here and failed to qualify...

I liked Norma John a lot comparing to this..

I hope Macedonia will be in the final instead of this..I want new countries in the final...not always the same ones...

midnightsun

Veteran
It's really good! But I'm afraid the verse part is too tedious (in the sense of too wordy) until it turns into the chorus. People may get bored which would be a pity because the song is super!

DanielLuis

I absolutely love this since I heard it for the 1st time! It's really my kind of song, one of the genres I listen to the most. It gives such a good vibe, it's so relaxing, I love it! I'm very surprised with VRT, it's the best Flemish entry in a long while. The video is high quality as well, very artistic, continuing the trend from "City lights".
Belgium is a huge contender to get my vote in May, and a big contender to win the whole thing as well.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I hope this will be Finland of 2018...Norma John was really popular here and failed to qualify...

I liked Norma John a lot comparing to this..

I hope Macedonia will be in the final instead of this..I want new countries in the final...not always the same ones...

Countries need to earn their place in the final. Macedonia will struggle to qualify. This will not.

DaFlo

Banned
Countries need to earn their place in the final. Macedonia will struggle to qualify. This will not.

Just like Iceland 16 and Finland 17 wouldn't struggle right? :lol: One big one will fail, Belgium ain't safe.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Just like Iceland 16 and Finland 17 wouldn't struggle right? :lol: One big one will fail, Belgium ain't safe.

Neither of them were anywhere in the betting, they were just fan favourites. Belgium is both a fan favourite and high in the betting. If a fan favourite will fall, it will be Finland.

aletem

I really like this, so hopefully she will do more than well.

Kairit

God the instrumentation of this is too divine xheat Definetly the most quality entry of the year in my opinion. And it's grown on me more as well. Really looking forward to how they'll stage this.

Mrm

Veteran
Belgium so overrated this and last 2 years..

Loic Nottet was WONDERFUL! xlove xheart

I want smth like that in 2019 for Belgium!

Iker

Veteran
One of my favourite Eurovision songs this year ;) Her voice itself is sweet music to my ears, and the song itself is delicious as well. The arrangement is damn fine, I love the use of real instruments that is actually somewhat rare in this event when you have (often cheap) electronic beats in the background + some muffled guitar .

Muovivalas

I'm so sorry, but Belgium is the last on my list. I just can't stand this song. It's pure pain to continue after we get to the chorus and she sings "echo echo" the first time. Something about her voice and just in the song itself annoy me to no end, although I can see it's a quality production. And I totally get that people love the James Bond vibe. There's a similar feel to the Latvian entry, so it might get quite intense between these two if both proceed to the final. I just hope this stays in the semis, although that quite likely is in vain. :rolleyes:

Femmina

Neither of them were anywhere in the betting, they were just fan favourites. Belgium is both a fan favourite and high in the betting. If a fan favourite will fall, it will be Finland.

Finland got into top 10 when the rehearsals started. But I do think Belgium is safe.

Top Bottom