20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

MyHeartIsYours

Re: RUSSIA 2018

I think before Russia (or Ukraine) are allowed to participate again, there needs to be new much tougher rules against politicisation of the Contest.

John1

Just 5 days ago at Andrey Malakhov's talk show - ''Pust govoryat'' they officially annunicied that Yulia will compete at ESC 2018 and she is the first ESC 2018 artist selected as well!

So, moderators change the topic to - Yulia Samoilova - Russia 2018 || ??

https://www.1tv.ru/shows/pust-govor...rovideniya-pust-govoryat-vypusk-ot-15-05-2017

I deeply hope that she'll compete with a stronger entry, though 'Flame Is Burning' was my favourite song last year before :ru: withdrew. :(

Alaska49

russia is really going ahead with sending her? ugh.

Alaska49

i mean, if her song ends up being great i'll obviously come here saying "I ABSOLUTELY NEVER TALKED SHIT ABOUT HER EVER", but considering how flame is burning was worse than a stale jar of cheeseballs, and that they will probably go that route again to spite ukraine, including the english language she absolutely doesn't know how to sing in, i am not holding my breath.

John1

i mean, if her song ends up being great i'll obviously come here saying "I ABSOLUTELY NEVER TALKED SHIT ABOUT HER EVER", but considering how flame is burning was worse than a stale jar of cheeseballs, and that they will probably go that route again to spite ukraine, including the english language she absolutely doesn't know how to sing in, i am not holding my breath.

Well, they decided to compete with 'Flame Is Burning' while they were pretty confident about the fact that they wouldn't be allowed to participate. Thus.... Who knows?

Pawhlen

Her song, which has recently been released, is quite great imo. She could even achieve a top 10 placement next year.

Could? She WILL get a top 10 placing just based on sympathy votes sadly

They can´t use that song in the competition though, because the rules of ESC usually says that the song entered in ESC must NOT have been released in public before 1st October the year before (with public means released in commercial on any platform etc)

John1

Could? She WILL get a top 10 placing just based on sympathy votes sadly

They can´t use that song in the competition though, because the rules of ESC usually says that the song entered in ESC must NOT have been released in public before 1st October the year before (with public means released in commercial on any platform etc)

I was already aware of the fact that Russia couldn't choose this marvellous song though... :(

GRE

I am ok with Yulia as representative of Russia,
but please, a song in russian, not in english.

Realest

I hope that Russia doesnt send Julia. I hate her so much for trying to destroy my anticipation for the tournament. And her english pronounciation is horrible.

Haverdge

I hope that Russia doesnt send Julia. I hate her so much for trying to destroy my anticipation for the tournament. And her english pronounciation is horrible.

"Hate" is a strong word...

GRE

Kirkorov said that Russia will take part next year,
and they are already trying to find a representative.

John1

Is there any sources, which reports that they're trying to find an entrant?

No need to be as rude as you are towards Yulia though...

tuorem

I thought Kirkorov was done working for Eurovision... Or maybe I dreamed that :? Personally, I want neither a "You Are The Only One" 2.0, nor an umpteenth American ballad.

Ideally, I'd like them to try something fierce, dark... and Russian-sounding first and foremost. Something new from them. May they bring their language back while they're at it.

Otherwise, I guess a good ol' local-sounding ballad a la "Flame Is Burning" would please me just fine.

DanielLuis

Is there any sources, which reports that they're trying to find an entrant?

No need to be as rude as you are towards Yulia though...

He said it in an interview at some music awards. He said that Russia will be in Portugal and that the search for a representative has started. Which probably means it's not Yulia, and that girl got played.
Who's surprised? Not me. It was very clear from the beginning that Yulia and the whole drama that ensued this year was just a political marketing campaign by Russia.

John1

He said it in an interview at some music awards. He said that Russia will be in Portugal and that the search for a representative has started. Which probably means it's not Yulia, and that girl got played.
Who's surprised? Not me. It was very clear from the beginning that Yulia and the whole drama that ensued this year was just a political marketing campaign by Russia.

I do honestly hope that she won't be selected, as she would have struggled to make it through way too much. xpray

Top Bottom