:svea: :svea: SVEALAND :svea: :svea:

rX3DM4i.jpg

WV 174 ENTRY
Moonica Mac - Till Slutet av Augusti

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand // WV 68 // ?? // ?? //

The entry for WV 68 comes from the play En Herrgårdssägen (The Tale of a Manor), based on the 1899 book by Selma Lagerlöf.
m9wvoo.jpg

I saw this play live back in 2009 (I believe), put on by the amazing Västanå Teater, and was spellbound and captivated by the magic of the story, the visuals and music (which was composed specifically for the Västanå Teater production). Luckily they sold CDs. :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand // WV 68 // Magnus Stinnerbom // Ingrid //

Surprise! :D

WORLDVISION 69 NATIONAL FINAL

This national final features the artist Maritza Horn and four traditional songs she has recorded. Click the banners to hear the songs and then vote accordingly. Please refrain from voting if you don't like any of the songs.

Vote in the following fashion:
:10: :7: :3: :1:

Send your votes by PM to Stargazer.
DDL 19th September 23:59 CET

List of entries for easy copy+paste:

Voted:
:mt: :lond: ::atti ::nb :is: :lv: ::wscs :susa: :jp:

xcheer

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Svealand // WV 68 // Magnus Stinnerbom // Ingrid // NF post #805 - PLEASE VOTE

:lond: has voted in this delightful little NF! :D Best of luck xlove

as78

Re: Svealand // WV 69 // Maritza Horn // ?? // NF post #805 - PLEASE VOTE

Excellent NF with lovely songs and of course so beautiful picture for banners... in real your style what I love so much. xlove xbow
Voted. :D xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand // WV 69 // Maritza Horn // ?? // NF post #805 - PLEASE VOTE

I've now got votes from :mt: :lond: ::atti ::nb :is: :lv:! Thank you so much! xbow

Everyone's votes have surprised me. :lol: The song I thought would do really poorly is basically leading, and almost everyone has given my favorite song 1 point. :lol: But I love all these four songs, so it doesn't really matter in the end. Keep the votes coming! xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand // WV 69 // Maritza Horn // ?? // NF post #805 - CLOSED

We have a winner! xcheer xfruit

Thank you SO much to the following spectacular voters:
:mt: :lond: ::atti ::nb :is: :lv: ::wscs :susa: :jp: :paci: :sc: xlove xhug xrose xbow

Also thank you to :ma: for your lovely little non-voting ranking! xbow I'm so happy so many of you seemed to enjoy this wee little NF. xhug

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Svealand // WV 69 // Maritza Horn // Drinkarflickans Död //

Oops, I apologize for these belated NF results. :oops: But better late than never, eh? ;)

"Drinkarflickans Död" - Maritza Horn

2ikfxqp.jpg

As you can see, the other songs barely stood a chance. Funnily enough, I wasn't even going to include Drinkarflickans Död at first because I thought it would do so poorly in the NF anyway. :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Daniel and I being scandalous there, using our telepathy
eyebrow.gif
Sad that "Lasarettsvisan" did so poorly. As a non Swedish speaker, that song was the clear standout for me, melodically speaking. It's really lovely and warm.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Daniel and I being scandalous there, using our telepathy
eyebrow.gif
Sad that "Lasarettsvisan" did so poorly. As a non Swedish speaker, that song was the clear standout for me, melodically speaking. It's really lovely and warm.
Lasarettvisan is probably the saddest of them all, lyrically (along with Drinkarflickans Död). Lasarettvisan is about a terminally ill little girl (tuberculosis I think), lying all by herself in the hospital wishing to go home to her parents, but she passes away sadly.

Drinkarflickans Död is about a poor, unfortunate 12 year old girl (named Anna, coincidentally) who freezes to death in the winter cold, while out buying booze for her alcoholic father.

ShoeFlo

Re: Svealand // WV 70 // ?? // ?? //

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] look at this lovely picture

to topic: would fit amazingly if the final was on the 31st October instead of the 30th october

I'd love to know what you're gonna show us :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] look at this lovely picture

D83DDE11.png
D83DDE11.png
D83DDE11.png

giphy.gif

I'm already having enough of a traumatic time as it is with these scary clowns going about at night frightening and chasing people with chainsaws etc, and now this. xcry1 xcry1 Do you want me to die?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I'm already having enough of a traumatic time as it is with these scary clowns going about at night frightening and chasing people with chainsaws etc, and now this. xcry1 xcry1 Do you want me to die?
Don't worry, there's not a clown visible in the actual video for the entry. xrose

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Don't worry, there's not a clown visible in the actual video for the entry. xrose

Thankfully. There was a possible chance of me suing Worldvision for mental trauma but it's just been avoided. :D Even if there was I think i'd be fine after the initial shock and calming down so no worries. xlove

Top Bottom