18 9.1%

14 7.1%

7 3.5%

6 3.0%

6 3.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

Earthland2

Still notice that it can't be said we were the dead last; Germany got only 11 points in the final, where everyone could vote. (Of course there was also more to vote for, so we can't compare it directly...)

eerik

LOL, this is fucking hilarious. Congratulations to all the Estonian people who insist on choosing entries based on the current popularity of people involved, congratulations to all the Estonain people who insist on choosing songs that are for nobody and therefor really attract nobody. Congratulations to all the Estonian people who never give chance to anything that is "different", because they, in their tiny little preconceived heads think it may turn out to be "embarassing". You all deserved it!

Sadly, I'm afraid nothing will change. The winner of Eesti Laul 2017 will be whoever is the "flavour of the month" in March.

Lordemort

LOL, this is fucking hilarious. Congratulations to all the Estonian people who insist on choosing entries based on the current popularity of people involved, congratulations to all the Estonain people who insist on choosing songs that are for nobody and therefor really attract nobody. Congratulations to all the Estonian people who never give chance to anything that is "different", because they, in their tiny little preconceived heads think it may turn out to be "embarassing". You all deserved it!

Sadly, I'm afraid nothing will change. The winner of Eesti Laul 2017 will be whoever is the "flavour of the month" in March.
Nah mate, Juri's song was very good, but the awful staging, laughing and card trick and "choreography" didn't really help him. Just look at Lithuania, much inferior song but their singer had charisma and stage presence.

Earthland2

I'm still 100% sure "Play" was the best option from Eesti Laul. Ok, If Laura would have had better staging she may have got a little better place, but the song was a major bore.

EscGeek

Veteran
you see what happens when you don't send "Parmupillihullus" :lol:

tararaaam

That was an amazing song. Don't listen to people who blame Estonia for sending a bad song. The problem was that Juri's live performance was utterly bad and disgusting. Still, one of the biggest robberies of this year. My love to hunky Juri! Next time, just stay true to yourself and don't try to be fake seductive.

realist

Last place?? in semi?? f*ck no... Iceland got robbed? what about poor Estonia...

The naked jump was not a good idea or what? No final, ok but last place...

Terence

Last place was shocking.
I knew San Marino wouldn't finish last but Estonia wasn't what I had in mind!

The song wasn't instant! It takes a while to grow on you!

Quent91

expected last place, behind everyone else. this lad can't sing and the song was lame. showing his ass in the postcard didn't help him to get points.

greece

Honestly it didn't deserve to do that bad. It's definately not the worst song this year idrk what went so wrong with this one.

Brandt

I don't get what is so horrible or embarrassing about card trick. I pretty like that act. His evil laughs are also mysterious. I completely have far away different view of respect to the performance.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not surprised at all. For me that live performance was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in the contest.

amberrouge

I feel people couldn't handle the amount of sexiness that was radiating out of his eyes, his movements and overall performance. People like being teased, they don't like being completely aroused during the songs. It was just too much to handle.

eerik

Nah mate, Juri's song was very good, but the awful staging, laughing and card trick and "choreography" didn't really help him. Just look at Lithuania, much inferior song but their singer had charisma and stage presence.

I'm not criticising Pootsmann, I'm not criticising the song, I'm criticising the people who make the most uninspiring choices.

I'm still 100% sure "Play" was the best option from Eesti Laul. Ok, If Laura would have had better staging she may have got a little better place, but the song was a major bore.

You sound exactly like the people I was trying to describe. Thanks for proving my point.

Earthland2

What can I help if I like the song? It was the only one that stick out of the contest. You may feel differently, but it's your personal opinion, not reflecting that of the general people.

Sammy

Veteran
When I listen on iPod to this years entry, I really like this song. But when I saw him on stage, I instantly knew this wouldn't do well. He meant to be cool and sexy, but for me his performance just conveyed arrogance and antipathy. I had the feeling, he was not authentic, because even in the postcard he came across as a very nice guy, as well as in the interviews. He sang well, he had a good song, even the staging wasn't that bad. But for me, his fake attitude ruined his chances.

Top Bottom