• Unsure

79 40.3%

• Total voters

John1

"Hello Europe, our 12 points go to xyz, bye."

that's bad.

Ringdalen

I am a fan of this.

I have always loved the voting and as a kid I even went back to watch the results over and over again. It is always fun, but it have been really predictable the past years. I understand why it is like that and have no problem with certain songs being clear favorites, but the fun and excitement often dies out if you see songs with a strong lead. Last year worked because Russia had a good lead in the beginning before Sweden took over, but that is often not the case. (if I remember correctly)

I welcome this with positivity. The results might be more exciting now, but for all I know can it suck and be awful.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Unsure. The good thing is that it's a partial reversion to the 2009-12 system.

macmillanandwife

They might as well just say "Sweden will win this year again. Don't even bother trying." I know that changing to the Melodifestivalen format would bring some excitement but I have some questions. What happens if a country's televote messes up and are nullified or the jury's vote is nullified? Would there be an announcement before the vote begins?

While it was true that under the current announcement system, they didn't have to announce the winner before all the points were allocated. They could have just quietly let the delegates know they won instead making a big announcement.

So is the maximum points a country could get now (42x12x2)=1,008 instead of 504? If so, there will be some very high numbers this year.

Also [MENTION=13925]LucasMichael[/MENTION] the revealing of only the 12 points pretty much making the score announcers pointless, they might as well just have the hosts announce them in rapid succession as if they were auctioneers if they were so hell bent on cutting air time.

GermanBango

Well, I think it's a bit to early to really say something about it. We have to wait and see.
There are positive aspects (no more 0 points, more excitement till the very end etc.) but also some negative aspects (only 12 points being read out, ...). In the end this is more or less a cosmetic change and it doesn't really have an important impact on the results. Let's see how it will feel/look like this year - I mean, it's a first try and it's not a fix system... I'm sure they are going to keep working on the procedure to make it satisfying for everyone in the next few years.

MyHeartIsYours

Well this is the kind of system I've gone on about for years, although not exactly implemented how I would prefer (if i have understood it correctly - possible I haven't :lol:)

For instance, I would much rather the individual countries votes be the results of the televote, and the combined vote the jury vote, as I think each country should be giving the verdict of the people. Whereas lumping my vote in together with someone from Vladivostok makes it a lot less personal and certainly makes you feel that you would have a lot less impact on the overall result.

I understand that they've done this to eliminate bloc voting almost entirely, but I still prefer the televote to be connected to each country.

But I'm open minded and more than willing to give this system a chance ;)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
So I've done some thinking, and I've decided that it's almost like they noticed that people preferred the 2009-12 system and didn't like when the winner got announced early so decided to change it! What a thought! I'm sure the fans are responding with a resounding "thank you for noticing our complaints and making an effort to fix them."

macmillanandwife

Well, I think it's a bit to early to really say something about it. We have to wait and see.
There are positive aspects (no more 0 points, more excitement till the very end etc.) but also some negative aspects (only 12 points being read out, ...). In the end this is more or less a cosmetic change and it doesn't really have an important impact on the results. Let's see how it will feel/look like this year - I mean, it's a first try and it's not a fix system... I'm sure they are going to keep working on the procedure to make it satisfying for everyone in the next few years.

Although it would rather embarrassing should the first announcement of the televoting results is "The first allocation of 0 points go to Austria!" (as what happened last year).

Sammy

Veteran
I'm gonna wait and see how it works, and I think we will adapt.
However, there are some points, that leave a bitter aftertaste.

First of all, they said, the change was needed because the voting procedure lasted too long. Now they have even one round more of voting. The time they spare with not announcing the 8 and 10 points will in sum not significantly more than the announcing of the televote. So - was this a fake argument to get the change?

The voting system is changed into what we know from the Melo-festival in the year Sweden is hosting it..... It smells a tiny little bit of: hey Europe! adapt yourself to our standard. Not ideal....

The announcing of the 8, 10 and finally 12 points was very exciting and they take it away. So why are they telling us, they want to make it more exciting? Moreover, if the favorite country from the jury voting hasn't received points from the televote yet before the last announcement, you already know who will be the winner. So it is simply not true that you don't know the winner at till the last vote.... (As seen numerous times in Melo-festivalen).

the positive side, I see is that you see at once who is the jury-favorite and who is the voters favorite.

Still - I'm curious to see this in practice in May.....

SpZ

Basically the way points are formed is better now, the way points are presented is a lot worse now.

Sammy

Veteran
The biggest NO GO ist THIS rule in the new system:

"In order to secure the 50/50 balance between jury and televoting a national jury result cannot be used as backup result for the televoting. Therefore, if – for whatever reason – a country cannot deliver a valid televoting result, a substitute result is calculated by the audience result of a pre-selected group of countries"

That is just lunatic! oOX

Scooby

Good bye to old good days of Eurovision. Welcome to Melodifestivalen vol 2
Swedish idiots ruins everything

John1

"In order to secure the 50/50 balance between jury and televoting a national jury result cannot be used as backup result for the televoting. Therefore, if – for whatever reason – a country cannot deliver a valid televoting result, a substitute result is calculated by the audience result of a pre-selected group of countries"

I hope they'll read some people who are against this shameful rule...

macmillanandwife

That's my concern too, also yes it is pretty much Melodifestivalen part duex. This could go fairly smoothly or become a massive trainwreck. I'll have my popcorn ready in May.

Top Bottom