Contact us

ESC 2016 - General News Thread

DanielLuis

I noticed there wasn't a thread made yet for the general news, and since I didn't know where to post this I decided to create it myself.

So the show will have a budget of 13M € while the city of Stockholm is contributing at least an additional 6M € for helping prepare the Globen Arena, the welcome party, promotion, etc.

Also it seems that Martin Osterdahl wants to start the shows at 20 CET instead of 21 CET. From a sefish point of view I disagree with it, as it would start at 19 here and that is way too early! Not many people would be watching it in that first hour I think. But I understand that it starts very late in the easternmost countries, and as the show is now 4 hours long that means a lot of people are not able to watch it til the end there.

GermanBango

I noticed there wasn't a thread made yet for the general news, and since I didn't know where to post this I decided to create it myself.

So the show will have a budget of 13M € while the city of Stockholm is contributing at least an additional 6M € for helping prepare the Globen Arena, the welcome party, promotion, etc.

Also it seems that Martin Osterdahl wants to start the shows at 21 CET instead of 20 CET. From a sefish point of view I disagree with it, as it would start at 19 here and that is way too early! Not many people would be watching it in that first hour I think. But I understand that it starts very late in the easternmost countries, and as the show is now 4 hours long that means a lot of people are not able to watch it til the end there.

They are actually starting at 21:00 CEST but he wants them to start at 20:00 CEST :lol:
But I don't think this is gonna happen - Don't know about the other countries within the time-zone but here in Germany 20:00 is actually news-time!
Sorry but I have to say this: The Eurovision Song Contest is not f***ing Melodifestivalen. NONO

DanielLuis

They are actually starting at 21:00 CEST but he wants them to start at 20:00 CEST :lol:
But I don't think this is gonna happen - Don't know about the other countries within the time-zone but here in Germany 20:00 is actually news-time!
Sorry but I have to say this: The Eurovision Song Contest is not f***ing Melodifestivalen. NONO

Yes, I said it in the wrong way. Here in Portugal it is as well, but people are used to having Eurovision as an exception. I really can't imagine it starting at 19, that is way too early!

To be honest, I'd be quite happy to move the contest back an hour as it means it'd be done here by 22:30 (or 23:10 if Austria is hosting. ;) ), and I think 19:00 is more or less the beginning of prime-time. I have always found it weird that in a lot of Europe the contest doesn't start until 22:00, 23:00, and sometimes even midnight, although I do appreciate that prime-time hours are later in a lot of countries.

Cozzy

To be honest, I'd be quite happy to move the contest back an hour as it means it'd be done here by 22:30 (or 23:10 if Austria is hosting. ;) ), and I think 19:00 is more or less the beginning of prime-time. I have always found it weird that in a lot of Europe the contest doesn't start until 22:00, 23:00, and sometimes even midnight, although I do appreciate that prime-time hours are later in a lot of countries.

Well, here in Italy the prime time starts at 21:00 (and in some cases at 21:30), so it would be a problem because the time-zone from 20:00 to 21:00 is the news and the quiz shows time

DanielLuis

Well, here in Italy the prime time starts at 21:00 (and in some cases at 21:30), so it would be a problem because the time-zone from 20:00 to 21:00 is the news and the quiz shows time

Exactly the same as Portugal. And I think prime time in Spain is even later than this.

FilipFromSweden

I don't think EBU will bend over some producer. Then they would have to have it 20 CET for many years

Chorizo

I think too many countries would be opposed to such a change. The current time already is the best compromise. Maybe 20:30 CEST would still work but certainly not 20:00.

ZoboCamel

From a sefish point of view I disagree with it, as it would start at 19 here and that is way too early!

Definitely agreeing with you here. From memory I had to get up at 5AM for the live broadcast this year... please EBU, spare me from a 4AM morning! xpray

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
from a selfish point of view, I love the new start hour :lol: 21 CET means 22 for me, which is pretty late and most people are going to sleep already even before the results are starting ._.

EscGeek

Veteran
I don't even care because i'd watch it in any case:lol:
and why are we even discussing this? The show is on saturday and most of us don't work on sundays...xshrug

CPV4931

If anyone is planning to go to Stockholm: The first wave of tickets will go on sale on Thursday :-)

I´m planning to go and hope I´ll be lucky and get an OGAE-ticket package since I will not be at home the time tickets go on sale.

Anjeza

If anyone is planning to go to Stockholm: The first wave of tickets will go on sale on Thursday :-)

Finally xheya Will try to get ticekts for the 2nd semi and the jury final...

FilipFromSweden

I am going to try to buy tickets on Thursday tomorrow. I don't expect to get any, but damn it I will try my best!

Top Bottom