16 8.3%

21 10.9%

14 7.3%

14 7.3%

13 6.8%

27 14.1%

• Total voters

lacrymea

In the first semifinal I noticed that Bojana seemed to have the same problems at the very beginning.

Yeah, you're right. I noticed it too in the 1st couple of seconds, but then everything seemed ok from then on. From what i read, the case with Portugal happened from begining to end.

DanielLuis

If it really happened from the beginning to the end then Leonor is really a great performer, because all the critics said she was vocally great. It's a shame she got this song. It's a good song in my opinion but she could do much better. Still hoping we will qualify to the final.
And no matter what the result, I'm very proud to be represented by Leonor xlove

Iuris

Good luck to our brothers from Portugal. :)

lacrymea

If it really happened from the beginning to the end then Leonor is really a great performer, because all the critics said she was vocally great. It's a shame she got this song. It's a good song in my opinion but she could do much better. Still hoping we will qualify to the final.
And no matter what the result, I'm very proud to be represented by Leonor xlove

Yeah. Leonor is better than her song :-/ I don't believe in qualifying at all, but i'm obviously rooting for it. It's not the greatest song ever, but it certainly didn't deserve the bashing i saw in several sites this week. Good luck, Leonor!

lightcity

Austria won last year. They sure have a lot of diaspora. The Netherlands finished 2nd. We sure have a DutchTown in every single major European city, forget chinatown! And what about those Swedes, who have infested every single region of the world with their huge diaspora? That is definitely the reason why they finished 3rd last year, and won 3 years ago!
And surely, diaspora is the reason Denmark won in 2013, Norway in 2009 and Germany in 2010!

By the way, a little island "in the middle of nowhere" named Malta finished 2nd in 2005 and 2002. And a little island "in the middle of nowhere" named Iceland finished in 2nd in 2009.

The reason why Portugal doesn't do well, is simply because RTP doesn't give a damn. Did you even watch our NF this year? Every single song was an absolute disaster, as if they were kept in cryopreservation since the 1950s, and not representative at all of Portugal's music scene. Not even "Há um mar que nos separa" was that good, even though it got better with the revamp.

And I honestly don't believe you have watched Eurovision in the past 5 years, because if you did you would realize quality wins in the end of the day.

Besides, the reason why Eurovision is not as popular as it was here is, once again, RTP. If they gave a damn they could it make it the most popular show of the year, like the Dutch broadcaster did in the past couple of years, for example.

Ok, Austria won last year because of diaspora Gay, the music is nothing special and is like many hundred, but she is the "lady-Man" and this sells a lot!! Malta? a haha Malta is in he middle of no were? it is near italy, Greece, Turkey and it is member of Commonwealth!! you do not believe I saw esc in the last years?? ahahaha not just the last 5 years but the last 30 years!!! and sorry but ESC is not popular in Portugal because of what you said, the reason is because no one in Portugal ( at least people wit more than 40´s) believe that we can win this! see Lucia Moniz in 1996, she was a winner for all journalists but in fact she has finished 6º place, see 2008 Senhora do Mar, has favorite for a great number os journalists in the Final but....she as finished 12 place...came on ...wake up yes??

lightcity

I'll give you just an example. A very recent one: Austria. Small country, a few neighbours, no diaspora. Very bad results in the past 10 years, almost never qualifying. And then they won. The Netherlands: Almost invisible in ESC in the past decade. Got better and better, ended 2nd last year.

So no, it's not impossible.
ahah...Austria a small country with just a few neighbours??without diaspora? ahaha...what about diaspora gay? the music is nothing, nothing but...she/he is a lady beard!!!
and Austria is in the middle of europe!!!! come on!!!

lightcity

I think I guess what Lightcity is trying to say somehow. Yes, of course if you do things well, you get results. However, it is a fact that some countries have to do it extreeeeemely well compared to other countries in order to get the same results. As a Spaniard myself I got to hear already too many times from foreigners that Pastora and Ruth Lorenzo would have achieved a much better result had they represented another (Eastern) country. And that's a true, imho. Diaspora and block voting are very important when it comes to voting. Yes, sure that most times (not always at all) Spain gives points to Portugal and vice-versa, but for example these two countries have always sung in their languages, which are pretty close, and sometimes presented local genres well-know and appreciated in the other country, which COULD be a reason for the voting. Seeing the former Yugoslavian republics, the former USSR republics, the Scandinavian countries, etc. voting sistematically each other no matter which entry (language, genre) they send, is a bit awkward. And Conchita, singing a -in any case- great song, benefitted from the gay diaspora, of which I am a proud representative, don't get me wrong.

Of course it is not impossible for Portugal or Spain to overcome that barrier, they have to work hard and send an appropriate entry, but to me it makes no sense to deny that these two countries, as well as other countries, start from a much more difficult position than many other participants.

that is correct!! 100% agree, the problem is one of the conditions will never happen: a strong music, lot of marketing around...RTP will never do that, and the big names if music in Portugal will never be in ESC, of course they don´t what to have a big loss in their carrears! so, better is not use public money and withdraw from this contest which is not a song contest unless in the name!!

0scar

I feel SO sorry for Portugal. This was one of my three favorites tonight, Leonor was amazing!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Absolutely devastated, I can't believe she's not in the final xcry

Voted so so many times for Leonor, money well spent.

cegs5

We were five people on my living room today, we all had Portugal among the top 10...what a pity we couldn't vote tonight. Well done anyway.

Luki

Leonor was amazing! If the song was catchy it would've qualifed I'm sure of it. But she should be proud!!! :D

ParadiseES

She nailed it today. One of the best performances of the night. It's again the weak chorus which destroyed this. It's still better song/artist/performance than some of the finalists.

lightcity

Leonor was amazing! If the song was catchy it would've qualifed I'm sure of it. But she should be proud!!! :D

ahahah...it´s always the same with Portugal....boring song, crap song ....and after the show: she deserved qualifier...great performance......eheheh...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
To me, one of the emptiest entries this year. I didn't get anything out of this one. I don't think anybody really thought this would qualify. Portugal must have something that is a little bit more accessible for the average person. Just don't withdraw, Portugal has shown that they have the potential to qualify. They did it three years in a row and they can do it again.

lightcity

I feel SO sorry for Portugal. This was one of my three favorites tonight, Leonor was amazing!

stop this!!! we don´t need this!!! sorry and sorry....40 years with sorry and sorry...!! this is the worst music contest we can be!! RTP WITHDRAW THIS!! WE DONT WANT OUR COUNTRY IN THIS !!

lightcity

To me, one of the emptiest entries this year. I didn't get anything out of this one. I don't think anybody really thought this would qualify. Portugal must have something that is a little bit more accessible for the average person. Just don't withdraw, Portugal has shown that they have the potential to qualify. They did it three years in a row and they can do it again.
Potential to qualify?? do you know anything about the portuguese music history?? is this a question of a country can have or not potential to qualifier? tell me why Poland was qualify? and the crap Montenegro? ahahaha

Top Bottom