Contact us

Cefiya 112: Blaue Blume - Lost Sons of Boys

Yoni

Re: Cefiya - NSC 97: Typhoon - Dreams of Cannibalism - NSC World Tour 2 planned!

Quadron - Hey Love xheartxheartxheart

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 98: I have found a song!! - NSC World Tour 2 is 11 days away! :D

What is a NSC edition without Cefiya? Thats right! Nothing!

So I have found a little song from Trampled by Turtles... Do not know much about them other than I get the Mumford and Son feel about them, which is a good feeling and the fact that the lyrics are uberwoog aswell! :)

Cefiya's entry for NSC 98:

Trampled by Turtles - Midnight on the Interstate

Lyrics:

Late night
Midnight on the interstate
And I didn't feel so great
Until I saw the city

And I was younger
And open like a child
Man, it's been a while
Since I felt that way

More and more I hesitate
'Cause I don't know

Happy Birthday
You didn't want to celebrate
And I was an hour late
And you fell apart

Mostly sober
Sometimes I change my mind
And I don't have the time
No, we never do

Love and love and nothing else
It's all I need

anselm

Re: Cefiya - NSC 98: Trampled by Turtles - Midnight on the Interstate - NSC World Tour 2 is 11 days away! :D

Animated video? Guaranteed 12!

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya: NSC WORLD TOUR 2! Pictures inside!

Soooo almost an entire week without Internet in Cefiya? How did they managed that?! - Well the goverment shut it off since that the NSC World Tour 2 was in Roskilde! And that is of course something that can't be missed! And of course an event that should be shared with the NSC community!

In the warm-up days I didn't see much, however I did see 3 artists on the same day, Schultz & Forever (a ::jef consideration) was the first artist I saw, and was a good way to kick off my music days

2nd artist was the huge up and comming artist and former NSC participant for :sc:l MØ - A great concert she played all the songs we know and love (and not the remix version ;)) but she was wrongly booked because over the last months she has just gotten bigger and bigger everywhere... So there was a lot of people on a small place whom pushed to get forward to see her but i managed to get a decent picture from the concert! :D

elpZWi7.jpg

3rd artist I went to see was straight after the MØ concert... Where ::cyd artist Lemâitre was having a huge party with 15.000 people according to their Facebook page.. I can believe because we were many:

5totDnE.jpg

In the "real" music days where the big stages opened, I went to see another of my considerations for NSC Vinnie Who whom opened the Orange Stage with their always catchy 80's like music which was a good party starter!

0NLTw80.jpg

Shortly after I ran over to the Odeon stage to watch The Lumineers, Whom did had a lot of people there, (most of them sadly only waiting for ::asp entry Ho Hey) Which they played waaaaaaaay to early, however it made to true fans stay at the concert which was good by all means because Lumineers have great songs in their album besides their single, another plus was that I especially loved the part where they played small parts of old classics like "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"

rhDmCmp.jpg

After The Lumineers there was another concert at the Odeon stage... and let me just write a couple of things before saying the name... I HATE MYSELF FOR NOT HAVING SEND HIM! Because this musician, is what I call a real musician, - This guy can sing, guitar both acoustic and electronic and writing lyrics like no other.. I kinda hate the fact that he is younger than me and can do all that so brilliantly. It was the best concert I've ever seen with a great setup between the songs that is high paced, to his slower songs like the brilliant and beautiful song "Broken" and back again to songs like "Two Fingers" and "Lightining Bolt"
And yes it is former ::jef NF participant, later ::moo and ::com artist Jake Bugg I am talking about!

W5cJ2Fk.jpg

A little later I went to Apollo stage to watch former Cygovision participant Disclosure, Their music as a genre is not something I am a fan of normally however they did have a huge people drawing power, based on their single "Latch" - And it was clearly the song people were waiting for, because was a lot of people in the beginning, most of them dancing to the song however after a while people lost some patience and started leaving, however at last when they finally played it they came running back to their concert it was quite a sight from where I was watching the concert

8zWpgkB.jpg

Friday I was working so I didn't have my phone on me for the Of Monsters and Men concert however I was downthere as much as I could be durring my shift and they played a good concert and charmed their way into the audience heart - Same day I purposely avoided the Rihanna concert, and I am happy I did that... However it made former ::zch artist Volbeat to go on later than they should because the backtracking part of Rihannas concert of took longer than it should... (and yes Volbeat singer Michael Poulsen did stick a "jab" at Rihanna for not playing live music on the Orange Stage) - The Volbeat concert was a blast as well.. they ended up saying screw it to being late on the stage and went out there and had fun playing a lot of songs, not just their own, they also played Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" which actually suited Michael Poulsen's voice surprisingly well + they send a tribute to Slayer guitarist Jeff Henneman.

hoQozc7.jpg

Saturday I started late with ::zoi artist The National.. I didn't had my phone on me at that time but they did a great job aswell on the Orange Stage.. - A little later came the most likely best booking by Roskilde this year namewise and former Begonia artist: Metallica! - They started with their new songs a huge light show in the first half their show.. However after a while things really kicked off and everything we know from Metallica got played with a even larger show and pyros and what ever you need! - With that being said, it wasn't the greatest concert music wise, the guitar and etc. was great but the singing was getting blocked at bit. As you can see on the picture here, a lot of people showed up:

jyQTVGf.jpg

I ended my saturday with 2 concerts at Arena.. First I started with former Lost Isle and ::doi artist Sigur Rós whom did play a concert that ended having me down on the grass looking up and the stars and dreaming myself away with their beautiful music.

pHnEZhx.jpg

My last concert at Arena was former WLSC ::jef participant When Saints Go Machine who did a really good job as well with their electronic world! Sadly My phone went out by that time and I didn't got a picture of the concert.

Same thing about 2 out of the last 3 concerts I was going to... - I hate myself for missing ::zoi artist Wintergatan because of work (because people didn't came back in on time..) - I however saw ::cyd artist James Blake who gave an decent concert on Orange stage and finished off a perfect festival on Roskilde again this year! Now I will take another hot bath and take care of my sore feet! :D

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: Cefiya: NSC WORLD TOUR 2! Pictures inside!

Hopefully I'll be there next year for Lemâitre :mrgreen:

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya: NSC WORLD TOUR 2! Pictures inside! - NSC 99: Volcano Choir - Byegone

Soo I failed last edition with an animated video whats up with that? Well screw it! - In this edition I am using 2 cards to get the victory and NSC 100 to Cefiya.. - The first card is the picvid card, which we all know works everytime ;) And just to make sure I win I will use the Justin Vernon card, (yep the singer of Bon Iver) - But I will not send Bon Iver this edition. Instead I will send another band of Justin Vernon's many projects: Volcano Choir, who have just released their first single from their upcomming second album Repave. - The collaboration Volcano Choir is between the beforementioned Justin Vernon and Collections of Colonies of Bees. Last mentioned I don't know much about, but I know everyone in this collaboration is orgin is Wisconsin.
The song I have selected is named Byegone, and as previously written it is Volcano Choir's first single of their second album. It is a really great song that I have fallen in love with instantly, the soft music with a little wild guitar in the background together with Justin Vernons unique voice mix so well together! - The lyrics is also worth taking a look at because for me it looks like a goodbye to a friend whom the writer of the lyrics have lost... -

I hope you will love the song as much as I do, because I am happy present Cefiyas NSC 99 entry!

::jef Voldcano Choir - Byegone ::jef

Lyrics:
Day dead bye-gone
Laying near the lights of the knights of the northern lodges
There's a border road
No one slip slides or is stoppin'
And the neighborly, sleeping in a coffin

With enough keif
You could really bore someone
Took a rat trap out to the ache inn
We were drinking all the ways to down
Door 'as wide open
You know what were saying 'bout us now
He's a legend
I'm a legend
And we both go tripping thru the door

Well, you know that we are northern, now
I heard you promise me
At the north end of monogamy
Cut there from filament lead

Somewhere I heard you scream:
For others' hearts
And in the limiest of lights
Hold the keys to a Cuban flight that you won't ever ride
It's time to up and die

Set sail!!!!!
Set sail!!!!
Set sail!!!!
Set sail!!!!

Hon, you plenty competent
So why aren't you confident
It's softening to be softening
Then why are you so constant then?
Are we going on a coat ride?
Well, we're off and definitely stumbling
Tossin' off your compliments, wow
Sexing all your parliaments

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya: NSC 100: Mumford & Sons - Hopeless Wanderer

So yeah the Justin Vernon card failed oh well :p - I will go mainstream then, Mumford & Sons has over the past three years has grown constantly in popularity and for once it is understandable because their folkish music and great lyrics always run straight through me. - As a big fan of their albums "Sigh No More" and "Babel" I had to send a song from them this edition.
It will be their lastest single "Hopeless Wanderer". A single that have taken Youtube by storm, especially because Ed Helms (Hangover movies), Jason Batemann (Arrested Development), Jason Sudeikis (SNL) & Will Forte (SNL) is doing a fun job on the video (and yes when I saw their names was in the video I have actually watched the video as well)

The song is a beauty by itself, I could enter it with a picvid but stuff came out and stopped me from that.. The lyrics is great aswell from the standpoint I see it, itdescribes a person who have been avoided not life I would say but love and now has meet a girl or guy whom takes the person out of the dark but still have to hold fast because the person has to start from fresh and learn again if the person doesn't "hold me fast" he will run hopelessly away again,

Cefiya is happy to be represented in NSC 100 by:
Mumford & Sons - Hopeless Wanderer

Lyrics:
You heard my voice I came out of the woods by choice
Shelter also gave their shade
But in the dark I have no name

So leave that click in my head
And I will remember the words that you said
Left a clouded mind and a heavy heart
But I was sure we could see a new start

So when your hope's on fire
But you know your desire
Don't hold a glass over the flame
Don't let your heart grow cold
I will call you by name
I will share your road

But hold me fast, Hold me fast
'Cause I'm a hopeless wanderer
And hold me fast, Hold me fast

I wrestled long with my youth
We tried so hard to live in the truth
But do not tell me all is fine
When I lose my head, I lose my spine

So leave that click in my head
And I won't remember the words that you said
You brought me out from the cold
Now, how I long, how I long to grow old

So when your hope's on fire
But you know your desire
Don't hold a glass over the flame
Don't let your heart grow cold
I will call you by name
I will share your road

But hold me fast, Hold me fast
And hold me fast, Hold me fast
I will learn, I will learn to love the skies I'm under
I will learn, I will learn to love the skies I'm under
The skies I'm under

AdelAdel

How are you entering when you didn't vote in last edition's final? :confused:

Jeffie

I got my connections... Naah I will sit out in 101 instead :)

doctormalisimo

it was agreed that since NSC 100 is a big landmark edition, it would be unfair for anyone to be forced to miss it, so Cefiya was given the option of taking part this edition but skipping NSC 101.

anselm

We offered Jeff the possibility of sitting out NSC 101 instead (considering the special occasion). :mrgreen:

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 97: Typhoon - Dreams of Cannibalism - NSC World Tour 2 planned!

So the trip to Denmark failed, ahh well, thanks to all who voted for Quadron last edition :)

I have in this edition decided to take a trip to 'murica! More precisely to Portland, Oregon
Here we find "indie rock" band Typhoon, Whom I actually don't have much information about other than they are a 13 piece band which you can hear in their unique music and also experiment quite a bit in their music,
They have opened for NSC artists The Decemberists before and have once performed on Letterman.
The song I have choosen from Typhoon is what I would call a folkish indie rock song.. Might not sound experimental as I first described them as but still they have made their 13 piece band work brilliantly in this song called "Deams of Cannibalism".. Lyrically there is a great play with the words and the way certain people act and sees themselves as larger than life even though you can see right th - Overall this song is an eargasm for me and I will surely follow them around a bit and see what else they send out.. But now Cefiya proudly presents our NSC 97 entry!

::jef Typhoon - Deams of Cannibalism ::jef

Lyrics:
unhand me i am not a criminal
though i've played a guilty part
in the modern sense that one pretends
their life is original

i wrote a book and i will call it something cynical
the story's slow the hero does not change
(and if he can then he won't anyway)
instead his foes and lovers all become identical

i fled the country
i thought i'd leave this behind

but i built the same damn house
on every acre i could find

and i tried to fake my own death
just shake the devils from my mind

and i said
unhand me i am not a criminal
if i am i paid the man just let me go
soon enough you will be dancing at my funeral

I have decided to send Dreams of Cannibalism to get a second shot at NSC here in Congrats 10.. It's been hard to choose from the 10 songs I have entered durring the last decade.. Dreams of Cannibalism has been choosen from the fact that it must be the song I've have been listening most to durring the last decade plus the fact that it should have done better than 26th :p - (My other BIG consideration was Patrick Watson - Lighthouse because it was waaay underrated in it's edition)

Tinchey

Re: Cefiya: Congrats 10 entry inside

Wow, this song is so good, I don't even remember it... Nice choice Douche! :)

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya: AE NF: Jeffia vs. Cefiya!

Heej all!

I will celebrate the 100 editions by doing a Jeffia vs. Cefiya NF! One song will be choosen from each of the country name's period! Both songs I've choosen is song that did very well for me, and songs that I really love just as much still to this day

Voting will be easy it will be the two-song voting system like this: Jeffia 0-0 Cefiya
You will add a point to the song you would like to see in AE f.e. If you want the Jeffian entry to represent me in AE, you add a point to the score in the forum like this Jeffia 1-0 Cefiya, and of course the other way around for if you want the Cefiyan to win.

But now to the most important part! The songs!

In the red corner! Representing Jeffia is:
Young Empires - White Doves

And in the blue corner! Representing Cefiya is:
Jetta - Start A Riot

That was the songs! Hope you enjoyed them again!

The score is: Jeffia 0-0 Cefiya

VOTE PEOPLE!! (deadline will be 26. September midnight)

I will vote in other AE NF's tomorrow I hope

Top Bottom