Tonight Spain will kick off their official search for Eurovision 2022, as the first six artists take to the stage for a chance to perform in Saturday’s grand final. The Spanish national final will not be like it’s former versions, quick studio selections and over in 1-2 hours. This year Spain has created it’s own multi-show selections, and the hype surrounding the new selection show, the artists, and their performances on stage have been massive.
How to Watch the National Selection
But with a new selection comes a new schedule, and a lot of confusion surrounding how to watch – so let’s break it all down for you! The contest will be aired live on RTVE’s digitial streaming platform Play which is accessible internationally. Benidorm has it’s own section on the site, so Eurovision fans can find “Benidorm Fest, Live” and then click on the “Benidorm Festival First/Second Semi Final” link to access the feed. Additionally, fans can listen to the contest on RNE radio with Eurovision commentator Julia Verela, and can view the stream on RTVE’s La 1 and Canal Internactional.
Make sure to mark your calendars so you know when everything will take place, as a lot will be happening over the next few hours. If you are curious here is an outline of both semi-final days, and what to expect on Friday as well:
First Semi-Final, Wednesday January 26th
- 11:30 CET – Press conference with all artists and hosts Alaska, Màxim Huerta and Inés Hernand
- 16:00-17:45 – The first semi-final second rehearsal occurs (Press will be allowed in, but no videos or photos will be allowed in the hall).
- 22:40 CET – First semi-final begins live from Benidorm
- 00:00 CET – Press conference with the qualifiers from the first semi-final
Second Semi-Final, Thursday January 27th
- 11:30 CET – Press conference with the non-qualifying artists from the first semi-final
- 16:00-17:45 – The second semi-final second rehearsal occurs (Press will be allowed in, but no videos or photos will be allowed in the hall).
- 22:40 CET – Second semi-final begins live from Benidorm
- 00:00 CET – Press conference with the qualifiers from the second semi-final
Rehearsals, Friday January 28th
- 11:30 CET – Press conference with the finalists of Benidorm Fest 2022
- 12:30 CET – Press conference with the non-qualifying artists from the second semi-final
- 15:15 CET-19:30 -First rehearsal for the grand final (Press will be allowed in, but no videos or photos will be allowed in the hall).
Benidorm Eurovision Club? Check!
In the spirit of Eurovision celebrations, eurovision-spain.com has created a four night EuroClub at Club Penélope for Eurovision and Benidorm fans alike. Wednesday through Friday the event will happen in Penélope Beach, a smaller venue in Playa de Levante and the afterparty will rage on until 3:30 CET (4:30 CET on Friday). But Saturday’s big event will happen in the Palau l’Illa and will feature an after party that goes until 6:30 AM CET Sunday morning!
Not a Spanish local? Come party with us!
We here at ESCUnited love to host a plethora of conversations around the national final season, and this year we will be hosting them on our official ESCUnited discord! The discord features a thread for every country, so join the server and locate the Benidorm Fest thread to engage in conversation all week long, and even after Benidorm ends. We will also send a reminder of the livestream link for all three shows just in case you forget or can’t find it. Like we said, we’ve got you covered!