Tonight seems to be the unofficial beginning of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest National Final Season! For the last few months countries have been whittling songs down and selecting entries for the upcoming contest which will be held in Copenhagen in May. But, tonight is where we will see a number of songs being selected, as well as a number of heats. Seven countries will be holding shows this evening, including two countries selecting the songs that will represent their nation in Copenhagen.
HEAT 1 – Melodifestivalen over recent years has become one of the most watched and talked about National Finals, not only in Sweden, but all over Europe. Tonight is the beginning of the extravaganza which is Melodifestivalen 2014. Tonight in Malmö, we will see the following acts fighting out for the places in the Andra Chansen and Final:
- To the end – Yohio
- Aleo – Mahan Moin
- Βröder – Linus Svenning
- Casanova – Elisa Lindström
- Bedroom – Alvaro Estrella
- Songbird – Ellen Benediktson
- Bygdens son – Sylvester Schlegel
- Survivor – Helena Paparizou
To Watch Melodifestivalen Heat 1 you can click HERE, to watch through SVT Play, from 20:00 CET.
SEMI FINAL 1 -The hosts of the 2003 contest, Latvia, will be holding their first semi final for their national selection Dziesma 2014. The 12 songs, in tonights semi final, hoping to make the final, which will be held on the 22nd of February are:
- Dejo Tā – DJ Dween & Sabīne Berezina
- Bučas – Crazy Dolls
- I’m Happy – Tamara Rutkovska
- Here I Am Again – Niko
- I’ve Got – Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- Cake To Bake – Aarzemnieki
- Just Stop – Oskars Deigelis
- Stay – Samanta Tina
- Going All The Way – MyRadiantU
- I Can Breathe – Aminata Savadogo
- I Need More – Dāvis Matskins
- Saule Riet (Take Away) – Olga & Līgo
To Watch the first heat in the Latvian selection you can click HERE, to watch through LTV, from 20:25 CET.
HEAT 2 – A Dal, semi final number 2 will be held tonight in which 10 more hopefuls will perform and hope to gain enough points to make the final of the Hungarian final. The 10 songs which will be performed tonight are:
- Miért ne higgyem – Belmondo
- We All – Bogi
- Ég veled – Dér Heni
- Waterfall – Joni
- Running – Kállay Saunders András
- This Is My Life – Musicfabrik
- Karcolás – Polyák Lilla
- Born To Fly – Szécsi Saci & Szécsi Böbe
- Camon Babe – To Beat Or Not To Beat
- Miss One Smile – Vastag Tamás
To Watch the second heat of A Dal, click HERE to watch through Eurovision.tv from 20:20 CET.
SHOW 8 – The ongoing Lithuanian National Final continues tonight with six acts performing in order to make it to next weeks heat. The remaining acts in the Lithuanian final are:
- Vaidas Baumila
- Martynas Kavaliauskas
- Monika Linkytė
- Vilija Matačiūnaitė
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė
To Watch the 8th show in Lithuania click HERE, to watch through LRT, from 20:00 CET
HEAT 1 – Iceland are the only Scandinavian nation not to have won the Eurovision Song Contest, tonight the first five of ten will perform in order to win one of the two places in the grand final. The performing acts tonight are:
- Sverrir Bergmann – Dönsum burtu blús
- Greta Mjöll Samúelsdóttir – Eftir eitt lag
- Gissur Páll Gissurarson – Von
- Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir – Amor
- Vignir Snær Vigfússon – Elsku þú
To watch the first heat in the Icelandic selection click HERE, to view through RUV, from 20:45 CET
FINAL – The winners of the first ever Eurovision Song Contest, back in 1956, Switzerland will be hoping to select the song that will bring their third win in the contest tonight. Hoping to following in the footsteps of Lys Assia and Celine Dion, these acts will perform tonight and the winner will have the honour of representing Switzerland in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in May!
- Sebalter – Hunter of stars
- Natacha & Stéphanie – Une terre sans vous
- Christian Tschanz – Au paradis
- Yasmina Hunzinger – I still believe
- Nino Colonna – La luce del cuore
- 3 For All – Together forever
In order to watch the Swiss representative selected, click HERE, to view through Eurovision.tv from 20:10 CET.
FINAL – Tonight sees the final of UMK, the Finish selection for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest! Over the last few weeks YLE the Finish National Broadcaster have held two heats and a Semi Fiinal to determine the final eight acts of UMK 2014. Tonight the winner of the Phone, SMS, and Internet vote will win the Finnish ticket to Copenhagen!
- Softengine – Something better
- Hanna Sky – Hope
- MIAU – God/Drug
- Lauri Mikkola – Going down
- MadCraft – Shining bright
- Mikko Pohjola – Sangyn reunalla
- Clarissa ft. Josh Standing – On top of the world
- Hukka ja Mama – Selja
To Watch the Final of UMK online you can watch on Eurovision.tv HERE from 20:00 CET.
Moldova: (Not Televised)
This morning the 40 hopefuls in the Moldovan National Selection will perform their songs live in front of the judging panel, the panel will then decide which 24 will make the next round of the process.
From ESCUnited.com we hope you enjoy the shows this evening!