Junior Eurovision news is coming in thick and fast after a fairly quiet August, and Belarus’s Belteleradiocompany (TVR) announced tonight the ten artists and groups who will competing in Belarus’s National Final to represent them at Junior Eurovision 2019.
Auditions were held earlier today at the 600 Meters Studio in Minsk in front of a professional jury, much in the same way the adult auditions were held in February. Per TVR, “According to the regulations of the competition, the qualifying round was held in live sound mode, accompanied by a soundtrack with music and backing vocals that do not duplicate the solo voice. Among the candidates are both solo performers and teams.”
This is the list of finalists who will perform in the national final to be held no later than September 27, 2019, listed in order of the TVR press release.
1. Maria Ermakova (Minsk), “VETRA“;
2. Sofia Khrolovich (Minsk), “Let’s Dance”;
3. Maria Zhilina (Minsk), “Singing, Shouting, Waiting”;
4. Arina Pekhtereva (Mogilev), “Never Again”;
5. Anastasia Zhabko (Minsk), “Understand Me”;
6. Elizabeth Misnikova (Minsk), “Ashy”;
7. Sofia Rustamova (Brest), “Tell Me”;
8. Group Zephyr (Minsk), “Best and First”;
9. Ksenia Galetskaya (Gomel), “A Better World”;
10. Group Monkey Tops (Minsk), “Look At Us”.
A draw to determine the order the finalists will perform in will be held at noon on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
The winner will represent Belarus at Junior Eurovision 2019 in Gliwice, Poland, on November 24, 2019.
Belarus is one of two countries to have participated in every Junior Eurovision since 2003 (The Netherlands being the other), and in their first decade recorded two first place finishes, one second place finish, and two third place finishes. Daniel Yastremskiy’s “Time,” Belarus’s entry for 2018 was, in 11th place, the second lowest result for Belarus, and only the fourth to have been in the bottom half. (His dodgy haircut reminiscent of Dean from Gilmore Girls probably didn’t help.)
Which one of these ten finalists impresses #YOU? Do #YOU think Belarus has a chance to make it a third title? Let us know in the comments, on social media, or in our forum.