After a 2+ hour extravaganza of music with 18 acts taking part in this year’s Festivali i Këngës, the Albanian representative in Eurovision 2021 has finally become clear; Anxhela Peristeri will fly to Rotterdam!
This year’s show took place in the open air Sheshi Italia due to the ongoing pandemic, but that didn’t stop the Albanians putting on a fantastic show to kick-start the Eurovision 2021 national final season in style. 18 acts took part in this year’s final, as follows;
- Sardi Strugaj – Kam me t’ba me kajt
- Xhesika Polo – Më mbron
- Orgesa Zaimi – Valixhja e kujtimeve
- Wendi Mancaku – Ves i shpirtit im
- Era Rusi – Zjarri im
- Gjergj Kaçinari – Më jep jetë
- Rosela Gjylbegu – Vashëzo
- Devis Xherahu – Peng
- Mirud – Nëse vdes
- Gigliola Haveriku – E lirë
- Viktor Tahiraj – Nënë
- Kamela Islamaj – Kujtimet s’kanë formë
- Florent Abrashi – Vajzë
- Inis Neziri – Pendesë
- Evi Reçi – Tjerr
- Anxhela Peristeri – Karma
- Festina Mejzini – Kush je ti dashuri
- Kastro Zizo – Vallja e jetës
It was announced at the close of the show that Festina Mejzini had finished 3rd, with Sardi Strugaj in 2nd and Anxhela Peristeri’s “Karma” placed as the winning entry. “Karma” is thus the first entry confirmed for Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam!
What do #YOU think of the winner in FiK? Have Albania picked a strong entry for Eurovision 2021? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!