Albania has chosen their representative for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Kejtin Gjata won Junior Fest 2022 with the ballad “Pakëz Diell”. The contest was decided by a jury panel of previous JESC and ESC contestants: Kejsi Tola (Eurovision Song Contest 2009), Efi Gjika (Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018) and Anna Gjebrea (Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021). Anna Gjebrea also performed as the interval act.
The pre-recorded broadcast aired on October 25th at 1800 CEST, and featured performances from 18 contestants:
- Alesja Uruçi – “Qyteti im” (My city)
- Armela Kosta – “Ndriço” (Light up)
- Armela Shane – “Shqipëria ime” (My Albania)
- Ajshel Zykollari – “Syhëna Rozali”
- Biornis Maxhallaku – “Emocione për dy zemra” (Emotions for two hearts)
- Dea Amoniku – “Nuk jemi lodër për asnjeri” (We are nobody’s toy) – 2nd
- Eisi Mehmeti – “Dilemat” (Dilemmas)
- Ejza Hoxha – “Plot ëndrra jetën e dua” (I love a life full of dreams)
- Erta Jonuzi – “Premtim” (Promise) – 3rd
- Irsa Mashi – “Dua të besoj” (I want to believe)
- Kei Piqani – “Shoqja ime më e mirë” (My best friend)
- Keit Hitaj – “Yjet e shpresës” (The stars of hope)
- Kejtlin Gjata – “Pakëz diell” (A little sun) – 1st
- Noemi Pjetra – “Simfoni” (Symphony)
- Sara Elshani – “Adoleshentët” (Teenagers)
- Sibora Teqja – “Ne jemi paqja që sundon në botë” (We are the peace that rules the world)
- Sindi Zeka – “Botë bardhezi” (Black and white world)
- Viola Beshiri – “Qielli i moshës sime” (The sky of my age)
- Melodi Heta – “Balerinë do bëhem” (I will become a ballerina)
Kejtlin Gjata will join the ranks of the 16 artists competing in Yerevan, Armenia on December 11th. This represents the 8th time Albania has competed in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest since their debut in 2012. Their best result was in 2015 with Mishela Rapo’s performance of the song “Dambaje” which placed 5th with a score of 93 points.
What do #YOU think of Albania’s entry? Share your thoughts with us in the comments, on our forum HERE or on social media!