* Antwerp is after Brussels the second largest city in Belgium and largest city in Flanders. Antwerp is situated in the north and has a total population of 483.505, with suburbs over one million.
* It has one of the largest ports in Europe and was therefore for a long time an important city in the Low Countries. The city is located on the right bank of the river Scheldt.
* It has also a cultural heritage: in the 16th-17th century it was a flourishing cultural city: Christoffel Plantijn, Pieter Paul Rubens,...
* Antwerp is a multicultural and very tolerant city towards other cultures and religion.
* Antwerp is also know for its Antwerp Six and these six fashion desginers established Antwerp as a notable location for fashion design
* According to folklore, and as celebrated by the statue in front of the town hall, the city got its name from a legend involving a mythical giant called Antigoon who lived near the river Scheldt. He exacted a toll from those crossing the river, and for those who refused, he severed one of their hands and threw it into the river Scheldt. Eventually, the giant was slain by a young hero named Brabo, who cut off the giant's own hand and flung it into the river. Hence the name Antwerpen, from Dutch hand werpen—akin to Old English hand and wearpan (= to throw), that has changed to today's warp.
* Building started on 11 January 1932. It lasted 21 months: on 11 September 1933, the building was completed, the largest indoor arena in Europe.
* Some artists who have performed at the Sportpaleis are: Shakira, Usher, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, P!nk, Kylie Minogue, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, The Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beyoncé, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Spice Girls and The Black Eyed Peas, amongst others.
* Capacity: 18500 people (13500 seats & 5000 standing places)
* According to Billboard Magazine: Sportpaleis was the second most visited event hall in the world between November 2007 and November 2008, with over a million people attended. (Madison Square did better)
Nathalie Meskens & Jeroen Van Dyck
* Nathalie Meskens (born 1982) is a Flemish actress & singer. She has appeared in different Flemish series and soaps. She is most known for her role in "Tegen de sterren op", a parodical humoristic program, she also gained popularity for her imitations of Princesse Mathilde, Duchess of Brabant in. She won the Award of Best Actress and the Flemish Television Awards. She has also released a single and toured across Flanders.
* Jeroen Van Dyck (born 1980) is a Flemish actor, he played is popular Flemish series, like "Het eiland", loosely based on "The Office". He's also a stageactor and member of a beatbox group.
* Jeroen & Nathalie got married in 2007
(The theme: Christmas / Winter holiday lights in capitals)
will collect your votes.
Sorry for a late show. Enjoy!