The six songs and the artists have been announced. They are going to represent their entry on Sunday, February 4th 2018, Broadcaster SRF 2 will be broadcasting the show live.
A jury consisting of 20 members, a mix between music industry experts and ESC fans, was in charge of narrowing down the field to the remaining six songs. The second step was to match each song with an appropriate performer.
Here are the Finalists:
- Zibbz «Stones»
- Angie Ott «A Thousand Times»
- Naeman «Kiss Me»
- Chiara Dubey «Secrets And Lies»
- Alejandro Reyes «Compass»
- Vanessa Iraci «Redlights»
The artists will present the song in the National Final Sunday, February 2018 which will be moderated by Sven Epiney while Stefan Büsser will report from the Backstage area.
Ultimately, a jury as well the televoters will have their say in who goes to Lisbon for Switzerland. The members of the jury will stay anonymous until after the live show.
This project is a collaboration between SRF, RTS, RSI and RTR.
Who is your favorite? Join the conversation on our popular forum HERE
Here is a list of the panel members that were in charge of picking the six songs and artists:
Music & Media Experts
- Bettina Bendiner: Journalist
- Barbara Berta: singer and ESC- 1997 participant
- Tanya Gavrancic: music promoter, Siren Agency
- Léonard Gogniat: singer Carrousel
- Michel Imhof: Journalist, Ringier/Blick
- Iris Moné: Singer & Vocal Coach
- Alizée Oswald: Singer Alioze
- Laurent Pavia: Area Manager for Musik, Gesellschaft und Kultur, RTS
- Peter Reber: Musician
- Denise Vogel: Production Coordinator, 360° Show production AG
- Igor Asner: Marketing, Diagnostics
- Cedric Cassimo: artist
- Renato Delcò: Student
- Susanne Egloff: Juristin, Property law
- Severin Marfurt: Medical student
- Angela Grande: market researchers
- Pascal Marchev: Web master
- Gian-Andri Paganini: PH-Student
- Alain Pfammatter: Leading employee/health consultant
- Florian Tusi: Service specialist employee