Contact us

Your linguistic skills

B3stbeats

Native:
:es: Spanish
Galician

Fluent:
:en: English
:fr: B1 French (I left it this year, but I hope keep my French level or upgrade it)

Others:
:it: Italian (I can understand a little)
:pt: Portuguese (I live near the frontier, and also the Galician and the Portuguese are quite similar)
Catalonian (Only some words)
:no: Norwegian (Only some words and basic phrases)

Studying:
:va: Latin
:gr: Ancient Greek

(This last two are only for Humanity students)

Alphabets that I can understand/write/read:
:va: Latin alphabet
:gr: Greek alphabet
:bg: Cyrilic alphabet (Thanks to the Greek alphabet. I use the bulgarian flag because this country was the first in use it)

Languages I want to learn:
:jp: Japanese
:cz: Czech
:ie: irish
:lv: Latvian
:ro: Romanian
:ru: Russian
Interslavic

Last edited:

Sultana

Interslavic
Actually its not that difficult to understand it if you know one of the slavic languages at least on the B2 level. As a native speaker of Russian I highly recommend you to start your interslavic journey with something like Bulgarian or Croatian. Bulgarian will open you world of Macedonian and somehow Russian but in a weird way, Croatian will open you world of Ex Yugo languages and Interslavic understanding on 60-70%. Russian is kinda no-no as interslavic sounds to my ears like a 18th century russian

DenizESC

Banned
We need an update drastically don't we girls:

Fluent:
:tr:
I'm ethnically Turkish and spoke it at home with my parents, watched Turkish tv, visited the country etc the usual...
:nl: I'm Dutch, I was born and raised here mostly

People say I'm fluent sometimes but inşşşş, doubt it:
:uk:

Learning Currently on a serious level:
:kr: I L-O-V-E Korea with a passion, sister nation for me. I mean k-pop and especially k-dramas were always super famous in our household but I also lost myself again in the world of k-pop lately especially but also anything else Korean, I love Manhwas (webtoons), Korean tech and science and amazing lifely and advanced cities like Seoul, Busan, Incheon etc. And in general I like how future and present-day oriented they are, unlike much of Europe and the world really... I booked quite some progress already, the grammar is crazy similar to Turkish so that really helps. My fave word is the word for "hi" ''안녕'' aka ''annoying'' I might study here in the near future for my masters.

Learning on a not so serious level:
:br: Tbh I haven't really been learning it but I swear I will soon, My queen @anaraqueen will help here inş and we can give the world even more hot Turzil connection literally no one asked for xgoddess I think Brazillian portuguese sounds so seductive

Planning to learn: (not realistic to do all but I can dream)
:jp: I already tried in the past, I love Japan and grew up with anime and japans gaming industry too but I will come back once I have a better grasp on Korean, but I will definitely come back!
:kz: Underrated sister nation with an iconic language, have to learn one day
:vn: Again underrated!! Vietnam is an intruiging country that deserves more attention imo
Flag_of_Rwanda.svg
Birds told me it's the future Singapore and I want to visit it and learn more about it
cambodia-flag-png-large.png
Cambodians say they can't even learn it but omg, it's the most iconic language, I can dream

there will be more btw I'm sure

Gave up/Learned in the past:
:fr: I had it in school and was quite good at it, but I haven't followed up in a long time and forgot basically everything
:va: It was mandatory at high school and Idk why, literally added nothing to my life
:gr: classes at school I didnt ask for again
:es: might go back one day

Last edited:

tomos2019

My current situation which sadly has showed little improvement, I just can be lazy sometimes!

:jp: :wale: As I've said many times still what I'm best at and can probably get by relatively well.
:kr: Kind of OK and would like to get up a bit more, it's just that I have always struggled for a lot to watch that holds my attention for long other than the occasional music or drama thing, likely not helped by the rarity of Korean tokusatsu!
:cn: Admittedly only benefits from it being quite ever-present and the odd word that's similar to Korean or Japanese but reading-wise I definitely could put more effort in.
=== :pl: Swahili ::brit Also emerging contenders in terms of enthusiasm :eek: if I'm honest with myself I probably know literally nothing though lol

:ie::sc: Cornish Ainu :th: Unfortunately I felt were best to temporarily rest. :cry: It's just that I don't really spend long enough on what I am learning so I thought it best to prioritise!

Okinawan Rested a long time ago because I felt I wasn't giving it my best shot, I can't say I'll never go back to it though!

I would like to focus on my current ones for the time being, if I do add any more I will have to unfortunately drop some at this stage but possible contenders (now getting more diverse!): :it: :de: :mt: :mn: A Turkic language Hawaiian Greenlandic Navajo Twi Quechua/Guarani Maori Tok Pisin and possibly one or two of :fr: :es: :pt: . Italian seems most likely at the moment just for another ''more spoken'' one, I do like the idea of learning at least one per continent though!

HarryUK

Fluent in
:en:

I understand and can hold basic conversation in
:fr: :hr: :rs:

I can understand parts but not speak
:se: :no: :es:

heke1988

Native: :fi::se:

My first language is Finnish and second language Swedish. Swedish I started to learn at fifth grade. Right now it is a little bit rusty, because I haven't need it much.

Good: :en:

I understand English better than speak of it. Also English prepositions are a nightmate to me.

Basics: :de: and :jp:

Germany I started to learn at junior high school and continued at high school, but then I stopped to learn it. Japanese I started to learn in Autumn 2019. But because of Covid-19 pandemic it was cancelled in Spring 2020. Perhaps some day I continue to learn more of Japanese.

lilka

I love the sound of Finnish, it sounds to my ear as if someone was speaking while jumping. :D I don’t understand much, just some basics from my trip to Pielavesi 3 years ago. Finland is also a beautiful country, lots of forests! Actually, it’s like riding through a forest all the time and I love it.

My next goal is the :cy: dialect of Greek. I can do it. :cool:

Rmetr0

My native language
:ru:

Studied in school and by myself
:en: - by watching videos on YT and reading (and now even communicating on) forums and other social media (and now even work) :D

Understand without actually learning
:ua: - by reading one TG channel + Vidbir :D

Tried to learn on Duolingo and succeeded a little bit
:fr: :ie: :fi: :se: + Melfestttttt :D

Tried to learn on Duolingo, but almost didn't succeed
:hu: :gr: :pl: :jp:

Tried to learn, but not on Duolingo
:lt: :mk: :am: + current environment

Watched one channel about Slavic languages and understood some parts
:by: :bg: :rs: :sk: :hr: :cz:

And also I would LOVE to learn Karelian which is the language of my homeland by location :love:
Even tho... ethnically I'm not Karelian, I'm 3/4 of different kinds of Russians (2/4 Pomor Russian which is in Karelia and Arkhangelsk oblast along the White Sea coast; and 1/4 Russian closer to Belarus) and 1/4 Mari (which is Finno-Ugric people living somewhere in between of Central Russia and Urals, my grandma is 100% Mari). And btw I heard some words and songs in Mari language from my grandma and read some books written in Mari xheart

Looren

Veteran
Native :

:fr: French

Fluent :

:ma: Dharija

Can understand some sentences but not speak :

:nl: Dutch
Arabic

Top Bottom