Contact us

Your biggest growers and faders

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I've excluded songs that have gone up or down due to changes to the song (with one exception that I hold is perfectly acceptable), so here goes:
Growers:
:lv: This grew a lot from when I first heard it, but it didn't really have any higher to go after it was selected.
:fr:
:pl: This didn't really have anywhere to go but up, but it's still climbed an impressive amount.
:fi: The vitriolic negative reaction to this song for not-great reasons didn't hurt, but I've still come to appreciate it regardless of that.
Faders:
:es: As I said in the Spanish thread, I just think they psyched themselves out of a win.
:at: I had this just outside my top 10 at first, but it's gotten lost for me.
:gr: Ditto, but even more so.
:ee: Hype in and of itself can't ruin a song for me, but the Eurovision universe telling me that this is a groundbreaking work of genius when I think it's an okay song can. It's pleasant enough, which is what I thought at first, but now that I know that I'm supposed to be hearing a brilliant piece of music unlike anything I've ever heard before, I can't help but compare it to the (figuratively) dozens of better songs I've heard like this before. It was originally mid-pack for me, maybe even a little higher, but it's now at a comfortable #34.

GRE

Growers=>Montenegro,Norway,Iceland,Switzerland,Germany
Faders=>Estonia,Hungary,Georgia,Lithuania,France

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Growers: :cz: :me: :es:
Faders: :rs: :ru: :mt: (after the revamp)

kamc

Estonia, Switzerland and Slovenia are my faders.

Albania and Portugal are my biggest growers.

eerik

Growers: none
Faders: all forty

Kaz

Biggest grower: :lt: (although it's starting to fall back down again)
Biggest faller: :be:

Krishoes

Grower: :lt: just some days after the upload of my top on YouTube :lol:
Fader: :pl: after the live performances :(

pinkchiffon

Growers:
:by: Didn't think much of it all season. Suddenly noticed it's there when you want a catchy, good time and it deserves some appreciation for that.
:ee: Had no idea why it was a fan favorite at first, but it gradually charmed me. I don't know what happened.
:ie: I didn't notice it on the first couple of listens, but now I think it's one of the most touching, sincere songs we have this year.
Faders:
:fr: I thought it had good live potential. Not really.
:es: I was pleased with it when I first heard it and I haven't really thought about it since. It's well-done and solid, but that's the most complimentary thing I can say.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Growers - :es::pl::ie::al:

Faders - :be::rs:

For the growers, there are four that stand out. I never really had an opinion about Spain's song before. Then all of a sudden the chorus hit me and i'm starting to get winners vibes from it. Poland I always thought was sweet but I didn't pay it really any attention at all. Now i've got the cd, I can't stop listening to it. Ireland i'm not crazy for but it's got a certain charm to it. I went from being annoyed with their selection to respecting it as actually quite a pleasant little song that I hope does well. Albania have been my love/hate country of the year. I was absolutely furious when Lindita and Rezarta lost out to Elhaida's first song which was a mess. Absolutely furious when a couple of months later they ditch said song because they KNOW it's a mess.. but then came "I'm Alive". Hey, it's pretty ok. Actually it's better than ok, it's actually good... maybe it's very, very good...... can't.... stop......... listening to itxsos

For the faders, I have a really weird relationship with Belgium. I appreciate the entry a lot but it's something i'm still having difficulty deciding whether I like it or not. Sometimes it annoys me and I haven't had the urge to listen to the song since I got the official Eurovision cd. Serbia's Bojana started to fade for me overtime when more entries I actually liked started trickling in. Then the English revamp happened which wasn't a good thing. HOWEVER, Serbia is coming back big time now for me. My non Eurovision loving friends are starting to listen to the songs, and Bojana is always the hot topic of conversation. They think that both Bojana and her song are wonderfully ridiculous. The same kind of ridiculous that helped them fall in love with Sofi Marinova, Hera Bjork and Vilija. So Serbia is coming back into my heart. Those screams over the dance beatsxheat

Top Bottom