Contact us

You were 200% certain about this but...

popavapeur

Hi guys ! I was thinking about this topic recently and I think it can be cool to admit that we were wrong sometimes :

What are the thoughts you had about an entry that you were almost 200% certain about it but at the end : you were wrong.

Let me start first :

* I would have never thought the first time I heard Amar Pelos Dois that it would have been the future winner, I was like certain it was gonna be dead last in the semi. Of course my opinion changed with time as I saw that a lot of people were hyping it and something was happening specially during the semis.

* I was certain that Agnete was a lock for the final, at that time the song seemed to me very eurovisionary and people would eat the song up specially the juries.

* Back in 2015 for whatever reason I was more and more confident about the fact that Belgium could take the trophy home with "Rhythm inside" and I believed it hard as I could during the night itself until I saw that it was more like a 3 horses race between Sweden, Russia and Italy.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Oh my god I was actually just going to start a "Your Wrongest Predictions" thread the other day! GMTA I suppose :)

I have so many and will update this as I recall them, but for starters, I thought :cz: were going to win Eurovision 2016.

Citelis

I was sure last year that Norway would be on top 3 in the final.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
that lea sirk would flop because it was so underrated

things i'm glad to be wrong

that aws would be in the top 10 at least because it would be top 3 in the televote

things i'm NOT glad to be wrong

LastDreamer

Banned
Top 5 result for "Marry Me".

CPV4931

... Italy winning in 2017, I was so sure about it after his EiC performance
... Estonia qualifying in 2016 and Moldova in 2015
... Satellite not finishing top 10 after it was selected in 2010

hijirio

Veteran
:fi: qualifying in 2017
:ee: qualifying in 2017

I thought they had a safe locked guaranteed top 3 spot at their SF's

midnightsun

Veteran
I was sure, Iceland 2012 was gonna win the contest. Not only is it one of my all-time favourite Eurovision songs, I also thought it would be THE perfect winning song. Duett, the chemistry, the dark vibes, the orchestral instruments... everything was just perfect about this.

Alaska49

yeah, gabbani winning in 2017. to this day i still don't quite believe it didn't happen and that italy actually improved its result twice in a row since then lol.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I was sure, Iceland 2012 was gonna win the contest. Not only is it one of my all-time favourite Eurovision songs, I also thought it would be THE perfect winning song. Duett, the chemistry, the dark vibes, the orchestral instruments... everything was just perfect about this.

I 100% expected it to be top 10 at least. Maybe if they had kept it in Icelandic ?

Totally expected NQ :
2018 :cy: (killed by jury)
2017 :pt: (killed by televote)

2010 :de: being bottom 5
2018 :gr: getting qualified and ending top 15
2019 :es: being top 10

tomos2019

No-one else probably thought this, but I was surprised when the UK kept getting bad results from 2010-2012 because I liked all three songs.

John1

I was almost sure that both :al: 2015 and :ee: 2018 were going to win the whole thing. Not by a huge landslide, but still...

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"wow I cannot believe ~Austria~ is going to be top five two years in a row" -- me and my friends, ca. 2015 :lol:

(also, --all of the escunited austrians, ca. 2019 :twisted:)

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Amateur. I thought this would be in a small group at the top.

In my defense, that's what I thought for a looooong time but just a few days before the SF I had the feeling it wouldn't be the case :lol:

I forgot about 2018 :ch:. I thought it would be a top 10 for sure.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I forgot about 2018 :ch:. I thought it would be a top 10 for sure.

Actually same! :lol:

I've also just received a reminder that I thought :no: were going to be a massive, massive flop in 2017.

0scar

I thought :no: 2019 would actually flop with the televote as well :? How wrong was I
I thought :az: and :ch: 2018 were certain qualifiers
:au: 2016 winning the whole thing. Even after they revealed their televote score.
:ch: 2015 qualifying :? What went wrong there as well

Top Bottom