Status
Not open for further replies.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Good thing Brinty is in this time so @Mainshow isn't going to report anyone xheat

talking about mainshow

:10: :ru: xcry people didn't get it but I did...............

also

:8: :seou: given thhat it was on my shortlist and i almost sent this does that mean i flopped twice - I Can't Stop Me.mp3? xcry
:6: :lond: that draw tho
:1: :al:

Well, at least not my least scored loona attempt? Nice. Just make them qualify at once please xcry

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Amazing show Mike, our graphics overlord and congratulations again to all our qualifiers. Getting my top 2 through is fantastic as I'm in love with both.

:12: xheat
:10: xheat
:8: :is:
:7: :ru:
:6: xheart
:5: xheart
:4: xheart
:3: :kr:
:2: :ceru:
:1: xheart

Going to be honest. I'm kind of bitter to see Eartheater miss after the positive reaction which in itself surprised me and got me excited, and now having to look at results that show me the entry was very much liked but it misses cause of random.org. Feels not great but you take the good with the bad. Sometimes luck is on your side. Other times it is not. I'm glad so many people enjoyed this haunting experimental entry and I've got no regrets for sharing this lady with you. Thank you xheart Just wish this song had an ending matching the support overall it received.

Uto

Veteran
Going to be honest. I'm kind of bitter to see Eartheater miss after the positive reaction which in itself surprised me and got me excited, and now having to look at results that show me the entry was very much liked but it misses cause of random.org. Feels not great but you take the good with the bad. Sometimes luck is on your side. Other times it is not.

Kai pls. You are out because Pot A and B vote for Pot A and B and Pot F votes for wankers from LOTR and idiots who think they are cool screaming while guitars are piercing your brain playing basic power chords. Meanwhile any earnest experimental music that tries to push boundaries is shunned by these people and it's a fucking shame. Calling it luck I feel is just avoiding the issue. I mean what are people here for? To experience new music or just to jerk each others willy? Regardless, you find resolve in the fact that you know a couple of people enjoyed it thoroughly. That is good. Keep up the good work.

Same applies to whiteshoes obviously. You know you aced it, probably good to hear it from me as well. You were screwed twice in a row now and it's a shame.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats to all qualifiers! :) I'm so stoked to be one of you! xheat Thank you so much! xlove xhug xbow xrose I honestly didn't know what to hope for since the last time I sent Therion about 7 years ago they failed to qualify. I'm also super happy I got my top 3 through! xheart

:svea:

:7: :fi: xcry xcry
:4: :ru: :(
:3: :us: :(
:2: :ceru: :(
:1: :no: :(
----------------------
11th :is: :(

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Kai pls. You are out because Pot A and B vote for Pot A and B and Pot F votes for wankers from LOTR and idiots who think they are cool screaming while guitars are piercing your brain playing basic power chords. Meanwhile any earnest experimental music that tries to push boundaries is shunned by these people and it's a fucking shame. Calling it luck I feel is just avoiding the issue. I mean what are people here for? To experience new music or just to jerk each others willy? Regardless, you find resolve in the fact that you know a couple of people enjoyed it thoroughly. That is good. Keep up the good work.

Same applies to whiteshoes obviously. You know you aced it, probably good to hear it from me as well. You were screwed twice in a row now and it's a shame.

Well, no, it is luck (bad luck) because swap the people around and these REJU votes tell us that Eartheater's song would have been comfortably through. Combine both the votes together of all the songs and again, i'm guessing her song would have been through (perhaps comfortably). When I decided to send this lady I knew she was a risky choice, but turns out she was very much appreciated. If people aren't feeling the song then that's understandable and that's up to them. I just ask that they give my entries 4 or 5 minutes at the LL or wherever they choose to experience them, and that's it. The (sore) point was that people DID like it. It had a very nice reaction. Ended up being a borderline regular qualifier (as I pictured the moment I saw its draw) with not quite enough and slaying the REJU vote, but there was a song even unluckier who needed that ticket. That's how it goes. Happens to a song or two pretty much every edition. Cyprus was robbed hard during the last contest for instance. Anyway, I'll come back stronger.. or weirder and even floppier. I haven't decided yet. Random.org just needs to calm its ass down with me a bit.

Thank you again for all the love xheart #StreamPhoenix:FlamesAreDewUponMySkin
giphy.gif

Uto

Veteran
Well, no, it is luck (bad luck) because swap the people around and these REJU votes tell us that Eartheater's song would have been comfortably through. Combine both the votes together of all the songs and again, i'm guessing her song would have been through (perhaps comfortably).
11/27 is not really enough to produce a statistically significant cross-cut of semi 2. But okay, you believe what you believe. I think the general point still stands that experimental music is underrated in WV and it's a bit of a shitty situation. Expect Iran to increase the amount of experimental hot flops as a from of rebellion.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
11/27 is not really enough to produce a statistically significant cross-cut of semi 2. But okay, you believe what you believe. I think the general point still stands that experimental music is underrated in WV and it's a bit of a shitty situation. Expect Iran to increase the amount of experimental hot flops as a from of rebellion.

Well, yes, I think it can be underrated but at the same time experimental music is still very much in a position where it can work. Helps if you have the right people in the draw. And Iran better not flop otherwise I'll be phoning the police.

deen1_537640491.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
Thank Ou for voting for Russia - congrats to all qualifiers.

I'm glad the Holy Spearit made it this time (even though it's one of her very few non-perfect singles).

Uto

Veteran
Well, yes, I think it can be underrated but at the same time experimental music is still very much in a position where it can work. Helps if you have the right people in the draw. And Iran better not flop otherwise I'll be phoning the police.

deen1_537640491.jpg
FaroffFakeAnaconda-small.gif

IRAN IS FLOPAN NAO
GIB FREE KIGE REFREE
ELS KAI COLA PLS​

cegs5

o_O

These were some shocking results!

Starting from my own :ar: qualification, in such a polarised semifinal ... I thought my song would get lost in the middle. Thank you voters :love:
Great show Mike, once again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom