WV Spin-offs: Rules and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
PEAb5tp.png

GENERAL RULES AND INFORMATION

1. Spin-off editions are contests within the WV community that are smaller in scope and size and are held around a specific theme. Most WV rules do apply in the spin-off editions as well, with some exceptions.
2. Everyone - even forum members who are not part of the main WV contest - can take part in a spin-off edition.
3. You can choose any country or region to participate in a spin-off edition, meaning that you are not obligated to participate with your current country or region from the main contest and you can use any country/region of your choosing every edition.
4. Only one spin-off can be held at the time, with the exception of Christmas Editions which are held every year in December.
5. Songs that were sent in a spin-off edition are eligible to the main contest as well.
6. Songs that were sent in a spin-off edition with the exact same theme are not eligible to be sent again in an edition with the same theme. (ie. in the second edition of a "ESC NF" spin-off the same songs that participated in the first edition will not be able to be sent again)|.
7. When the theme of the spin-off is different, the same song used in a different themed spin-off can be entered.
8. The host of the spin-off edition is the winner of the previous spin-off. If the winner refuses to host, the right to host the edition will pass onto the runner-up and further down the scoreboard.
9. Every spin-off should last approximately two weeks. One week (or little bit less) for sending entries, and another week for show, voting and results.
10. Every spin-off consists of only one show, i.e. semifinals are not held in spin-offs.
11. Spin-offs are completely optional, so you can take part in some of them and not participate in other.

SUGGESTING AND PICKING THE NEXT THEME
1. Everyone can suggest up to two themes for the next spin-off edition.
2. The suggestions can be posted as soon as the final round poll for the previous edition is closed and until the deadline announced by one of the moderators (usually the same day as the show deadline for the current spin-off edition).
3. You can pick any theme that has previously been suggested, but not one that was already suggested by someone for the upcoming poll.
4. The next edition's spin-off theme will be decided by poll voting, usually in two rounds.
5. If one of the suggestions has an overwhelming majority in the poll, the voting will be closed after the first round.
6. If there's no clear majority, the suggestion with the most votes, alongside the one with the second-most will advance to the second an final round. If more than one suggestion has the same number of votes, all will advance in the final round.

SPIN-OFF EDITIONS AND THEMES

1. Every participant that chooses to send an entry in a spin-off edition must follow the specific theme of that particular edition.
2. Themes can be related to anything as long as it is possible to send songs that are able to stick to that particular theme and the overall nature of the WV spirit is respected.
3. Re-runs of previous spin-off themes are allowed.
4. Eurovision-inspired themes are not only allowed but also encouraged.
5. Themes where the winner is not decided in the standard way (ie. the number of points received by using the Eurovision voting system) have to be approved by the moderators beforehand.

daniels1000

Re: WV Spin-offs: Rules and Informations

Feel free to write if I forgot something or if you strongly disagree with some rule :D xcheers

ClassifiedCat

For the rule about countries changing do you have to state your country in the contest or can we just send you the entry?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I mean like do the people know what country/region you are. Is there a list of countries/regions taken? Sorry for being a big bother.

Yeah, in the confirmation thread of every spin-off there is a list with which countries/regions were already confirmed and by who. :D (Also the list include reserved countries/regions)

Sorry for being a big bother.

:lol:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
You can share your opinion for this, if you agree or disagree.

We suggest this rule to be added in the spin-off rules:

Songs that have taken part in previous spin-offs (or any other version of them) are allowed to be re-enterred only if 15 editions pass after they were first enterred.

PS: We suggest 15 editions because some people said 10, others said 20, so it was wise to include an average solution.

AdelAdel

Re: WV Spin-offs: Rules and Information - CHECK POST #8

I'd rather see a complete ban, but if that's not possible, then I agree with this solution.

cegs5

That should include original version or covers.

as78

Does the maximum number of regions from one country apply to spin-offs?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I can agree with the 15 editions rule, even if I would prefer more editions passed before songs can be used again.

As for the regions limit, I don't agree with having one. Some themes might have more artists from one particular country than others.

AdelAdel

As for the regions limit, I don't agree with having one. Some themes might have more artists from one particular country than others.

Agree. For example in the Movies Soundtracks spin-off we had many US regions, because most movies are made in America.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Agree. For example in the Movies Soundtracks spin-off we had many US regions, because most movies are made in America.
Exactly! Or say the musicals spin-off I suggested should win in the future; most musicals, whether movies or live ones will have performers mostly from USA or UK.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Yeah, I agree with this. And another thing that came to my mind is that people who reserve countries/regions after the confirmation thread is opened do it so quickly, both by PM and in the thread, so it's hard to tell who'd reserved the 5 regions first. And what about these who reserve them and don't send anything? I think it will be unfair for someone who'd like to get a region of a country but somebody else reserved it and the limit was reached, and then didn't send anything.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Yeah, I agree with this. And another thing that came to my mind is that people who reserve countries/regions after the confirmation thread is opened do it so quickly, both by PM and in the thread, so it's hard to tell who'd reserved the 5 regions first. And what about these who reserve them and don't send anything? I think it will be unfair for someone who'd like to get a region of a country but somebody else reserved it and the limit was reached, and then didn't send anything.
Exactly! There are so many reasons why having such a limit in a spin-off contest not only wouldn't make sense, but also be highly unfair.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
[MENTION=6452]CypriotGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION]

Can you take part in the spin-offs without being a WV participant? Let's say someone quit the main WV contest (or never took part in the first place), could they still join the spin-offs? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom