Contact us

WV Spin-off 161 🎷NO POP OR BOP 🎷RESULTS OUT

Zeus

Pretty much what I have complained about WV ever since I have participated, but the contest is what it is. I can say however that WV has improved quite a bit since I returned in 2021. Alternative songs becoming more viable and the voting circlejerk is also being less apparent, even if we do still get iffy winners. For this spin-off, I'm especially impressed Australia is top five. It's a super risky entry that would have flopped in the main contest 20 editions ago. So this does somewhat upfill the purpose of the theme even if some entries are still underrated/overrated.

So you are excited about "Only Bops" winning the spin-off suggestion round?

Kek
So far I still have to see the first alternative entry (non-electronic, because everything electronic and with a beat can still score very well here) end up doing well. Also, these entries are quite rare, let alone songs in more classical genres (soul, blues, r&b).

And I won't mind "only bops" winning the next spin-off theme, altough it isn't really a spin-off if you ask me; more like a continuation from the regular contest. The only difference being that we scale up the bop/pop category participants from 60% to 100%.

At least you won't see me getting all unreasonable and immature as some others did. I might even participate -- the listening part might become a hard ride as you will understand tho. ;)

So far I still have to see the first alternative entry (non-electronic, because everything electronic and with a beat can still score very well here) end up doing well. Also, these entries are quite rare, let alone songs in more classical genres (soul, blues, r&b).
Electronic alternatives used to struggle a lot because of being too niche, like blues, soul and r&b as you mentioned. But it's all depending on the song itself, how accessible it is to everyone, and the number of people liking a specific kind of song (yeah, it's the pot talk once again). You have noticed it already, the game is all about trial and error. You send songs that you like and see what sticks to everyone else. I fail more often than not, and you are experiencing this too so far. If you are lucky, there will be a blues song that might end up top 5 since you will learn what's working or not.

And I won't mind "only bops" winning the next spin-off theme, altough it isn't really a spin-off if you ask me; more like a continuation from the regular contest. The only difference being that we scale up the bop/pop category participants from 60% to 100%.

At least you won't see me getting all unreasonable and immature as some others did. I might even participate -- the listening part might become a hard ride as you will understand tho. ;)

Yeah I know, it's pretty much switching to the opposite side of the pot spectrum.

But I love to mess with you, kek.

Ijiranaide%252C%2BNagatoro-san%2B-%2BEpisode%2B1%2B-%2BNagatoro%2BBlows%2BKiss.gif

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
thank you for the top 5! xcheer and absolutely stoked to see turzilian sensation clara nunes doing so well, my dad would be proud!

Uto

Veteran
When the Zadiks are on top of their game I am sure any man that prefers coming through the front door will end up real hard and thick. It's the only way to ride.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats :at:! xlove Wonderful winner, and the whole Top 4 is fabulous. xbow Major applause to our lovely host @Fierro on a great hosting and an awesome looking show! xbow

Thank you so much for the points to :susa:! Happy that at least some liked it. xlove xhug xrose

:10: :dk: xheart
:5: :cy: xheart
:4: ::texs :es: :gr: :se: :is: xheart
:3: :us: :lt: xheart
:2: :at: xheart

Apologies to :cy: :gr: :uk: :en: Guinea for not finding enough room in my Top 10 for you! xrose

ferret

I remembered this 🇮🇸 Icelandic song while participating in a contest recently, and I felt sorry that I could never send on this forum (it was already submitted to Worldvision, a long time ago). :( This spin-off turned out to be just in time. Thanks to everyone who voted!
Congratulations 🇦🇹 Austria & EDC0708, this is a good winner! :cool: Thank you for this edition @Fierro! xup

chontono

Hey, congrats Austria xcheer
Biggest surprise in my life, top3 of Gothic Rock /folk or whatever it is called, WV keeps on with big ears as I see :LOL:
I really missed some more risky stuff in here, sthg electronic for example.
The pity is to see other great songs doing so much worse, like the beautiful :gr: @Nicholas123 you should come live with me xrose
I could be in other editions but with real alternativity :unsure:

Top Bottom