Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
kurbitsheader.png

border.png

Welcome to the WV 120 Semi Finals, where we will enjoy the
Sights and Culture of Dalarna, home of the Siljan Lake District!

border.png

THE VENUE

dalhalla.jpg

Dalhalla, the spectacular open air limestone quarry amphitheater, just north of Siljan.

border.png

THE HOST

kallemoraeus.jpg

Kalle Moraeus, Mr. Dalarna himself.

border.png

OPENING ACT

A lovely little showcase of all that the Siljan District has to offer.

border.png

THE ENTRIES

border.png

border.png

CLOSING ACT

Our host Kalle Moraeus and Orsa Spelmän with one of their iconic Melodifestivalen entries.

border.png

THE VOTING

Send your votes to as78
DDL February 29th 23:59 CET

border.png

VOTES RECEIVED

REGULAR
:cali: ::berl :wale: :kr: :en: :sobr: :es: :pe: :hr: :hu: :pl:
:ro: ::mlpl :svea: :am: :fi: :jp: :is: :nz: :kant: :seou: :rs:
Quebec

REJU
:no: :de: :be: :tr: :lond: :lv: :au: :west: :paci: :us: :cy:

border.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow. Anna these graphics are stunning. I love them, and especially the pictures you chose to compliment them with. xbow

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Thank you! xlove The swirly flowery pattern is called kurbits and it's very common in all kinds of folk art and handicrafts from Dalarna. You'll find kurbits patterns of various styles everywhere. It's what's painted on the famous wooden Dala Horses featured in a couple of the banners and on the clogs featured in my banner. :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thank you! xlove The swirly flowery pattern is called kurbits and it's very common in all kinds of folk art and handicrafts from Dalarna. You'll find kurbits patterns of various styles everywhere. It's what's painted on the famous wooden Dala Horses featured in a couple of the banners and on the clogs featured in my banner. :)

Oh cool, so it has meaning and isn't purely aesthetic. A really nice detail to add. I was on my mobile earlier so I didn't notice, but from my laptop I can see you've done the batters in 2 columns. xheat I love it when hosts do that. Honestly, amazing work.

as78

Wonderful graphics and so beautiful pictures for the banners. xheart xlove And of course great choice for the host. xbow

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The banners look incredible Annaxheart xheat They make me jelly actually. I wish I knew how to do all this creative text stuff and the stencil looking bits. It's kind of inspiring. These are all so very beautiful. I love when hosts have such an eye for colour. The pictures compliment the kurbits flag colours perfectly.

I'll have to catch up with this semi as I missed the LL. There's a cover here of a song I really like and have been listening to recently in fact, but I'm unfamiliar with the version shared here. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Gabor77

Finally managed to get this done :lol:
Make sure to check out the meaning of our :hu: entry :) In this post below or the Hungarian threat. Leave a like if it is understandable what I tried to convey. :lol:
Heeey :)

Herewith I'd like to enclose y'all with the meaning of our entry of this great edition!

Leander Kills is going to represent :hu: in Svealand! xmetalAfter a lot of NQs for this amazing country we hope they can rock us straight to the final and into your hearts! xheart

This song is my personal favourite of Leander Kills and it reminds me of good old days. In the following there is going to be the overall meaning (not a word to word translation) of the song, as the translation does not show the heartbreaking truth about this song.

There are many theories what the song is exactly about, so I am going to present you the one I find the most fitting due to my understanding of the song!

I am going to guide you through the song, step by step :)

The heading / name of the song is "Kell a háború" which translated means "War is needed" , BUT the song is not actually about how great war is, that's why I'd like to explain the lyrics ;) Overall it is about a person who wants to commit suicide and therefore end his life, and Leander (the lead singer) tries to convince him about why not to do it and how great and precious life is.

0:00 In the chorus of the song it says "Olyan gyönyürű a lelked" which means "Your soul is beautiful". He tries to convince the person that life isn't as bad as he thinks it is and that he is a nice person....that other people need him. The "Kell a háború" / "The war is needed" is indicated to stand for the natural fight against the negative impacts and daily stress which everyone has to deal with. He points out that we only should deal with the stress if it has a reason to do so and not if it is senseless.

0:14 In the "scream" part he tries to say that he (the person) did not arrive at the lowest point where he can't return. Therefore he should concentrate on the positive parts in life with which he can reach everything. And even if he gets into a position where he feels like nothing and nobody can help him, there is also a way to return, you just need to really want it. But then you need to watch that you do not fall back to this stage, because then there might be a point with no return.

0:36 In the next part he tries to explain him that there is nothing wrong with him. He just does not want to deal with the daily problems or maybe tragedies and wants to choose the easy way; suicide.

0:52 He sings "És mégis hallasz engem?" Which means "And nevertheless you hear me". It seems like Leander can reach out to the person and that he got the message why he shouldn't do it. The last two lines say: "minél jobb ember vagy, annál jobb emberként fognak tartani mások is" which means that "the better person you are, the better will other people preserve you". This could be seen as another ok sign of Leander.

1:07 Ones again Leander stresses the meaning of life in the chorus.

1:44 In the part after the second chorus Leander tells him that the pain, the negative impacts (lifechanging tragedies) are part of life. And even tho it is that way we have to accept it. Because we got this one life, we have to live with it.

1:59 He stresses it again.

2:14 He wants to make him believe the things he is not believing himself: That the world got a better place through his birth, his life is important; he should not just throw it away. Afterwards he is saying that he could die without doing or achieving anything, or that you did everything that is in your power. One day you die anyways, but it does not matter how you get there. Most likely the person who wants to end his life is young because he sings "és marad még egymilliárd szívverésed" which means "and there is more than one billion heart beats left for you", which means that he could live a lot longer. He also says "Senki sem sajnál épen" which means "nobody is feeling sorry for you right now" which could be understood as the person does not have real problems; he just thinks he has those. He ends this verse by saying that you should die when it was worth of living.

3:03 For the last time he stresses the importance of life.

3:18 At the very end he appeals attention to the fact that there is always a way back! You should never give up, even if you think that you are in a helpless situation.

Alright, so that's it. I hope everything understandable :) and that at least one of you is going to read it, as it was much work to do :lol:

I address this song to all the legends and icons who took their own lifes way too early xheart but inspired my life to the better!
Go Hungary :hu:

Gabor77

On another note: I gotta say that @Stargazer I absolutely love the banners xheat I feel like you definitely get my taste; that's why I have no complaints if you are winning; your shows are one of the best ones xheart

Also good job to all the participants of this semi! xcheer I've shortlisted 20/23 entries which never happened before :lol: I love the diversity of genres (I guess we have literally everything here) and languages. Gotta be hard to vote xcry ;)

cegs5

:pe: just voted. Lovely banners and design Anna, Siljan is definitely a fine place to be, I knew the lake but didn’t know there was an actual town, things you learn being in WV :love:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
:pe: just voted. Lovely banners and design Anna, Siljan is definitely a fine place to be, I knew the lake but didn’t know there was an actual town, things you learn being in WV :love:
Aw thank you. xlove But it isn't a town, actually. It's a regional hosting this time! :) The whole area surrounding lake Siljan, including all of the towns scattered around it (like Mora, Orsa, Rättvik, Leksand, etc) is called Siljansbygden (The Siljan Countryside District), often shortened to just Siljan. So for WV I thought it would be easier to just go with Siljan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom