Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
kurbitsheader.png

border.png

Welcome to the WV 120 Grand Final, where we will continue to enjoy
the Sights and Culture of Dalarna, home of the Siljan Lake District!

border.png

THE VENUE

dalhalla.jpg

Dalhalla, the spectacular open air limestone quarry amphitheater, just north of Siljan.

border.png

THE HOST

kallemoraeus.jpg

Kalle Moraeus, Mr. Dalarna himself.

border.png

OPENING ACT

A lovely little showcase of all that the Siljan District has to offer.

border.png

THE ENTRIES

TEXT SHOW

border.png

CLOSING ACT

See how the iconic Swedish Dala Horses are made, in Nusnäs on lake Siljan.

border.png

THE VOTING

Send your votes to as78
DDL March 9th 23:59 CET

border.png

VOTES RECEIVED
:kr: :es: :de: :cali: :sobr: :ba: ::mlpl :ca: :paci: :wale: :be: :cy:
:west: :lond: :en: :tr: :lv: :ro: :is: :pe: :jp: :seou: :nz: :it:
:svea: ::berl :il: :za: :se: :am: :pome: :kant: :pl: :au: :fi: :hu:
:nwen: :us: :no: :al: :cn: :hr: :nl: :rs: ::queb :ch:

border.png

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I hope you can live with having the same pictures for your banners. xrose I usually like to make entirely new banners for the final, and would have loved to have done that this time around as well, but considering it took me a whole week to just find enough pictures for the semis according to the theme I had chosen to go with, I simply wouldn't have been able to find 26 more pictures to use.

Gabor77

Amazing banners xheat

For everyone who hasn't seen the meaning of our song yet, you can do so by entering :hu: forum :) Or read below! Good luck y'all xcheer

Heeey :)

Herewith I'd like to enclose y'all with the meaning of our entry of this great edition!

Leander Kills is going to represent :hu: in Svealand! xmetalAfter a lot of NQs for this amazing country we hope they can rock us straight to the final and into your hearts! xheart

This song is my personal favourite of Leander Kills and it reminds me of good old days. In the following there is going to be the overall meaning (not a word to word translation) of the song, as the translation does not show the heartbreaking truth about this song.

There are many theories what the song is exactly about, so I am going to present you the one I find the most fitting due to my understanding of the song!

I am going to guide you through the song, step by step :)

The heading / name of the song is "Kell a háború" which translated means "War is needed" , BUT the song is not actually about how great war is, that's why I'd like to explain the lyrics ;) Overall it is about a person who wants to commit suicide and therefore end his life, and Leander (the lead singer) tries to convince him about why not to do it and how great and precious life is.

0:00 In the chorus of the song it says "Olyan gyönyürű a lelked" which means "Your soul is beautiful". He tries to convince the person that life isn't as bad as he thinks it is and that he is a nice person....that other people need him. The "Kell a háború" / "The war is needed" is indicated to stand for the natural fight against the negative impacts and daily stress which everyone has to deal with. He points out that we only should deal with the stress if it has a reason to do so and not if it is senseless.

0:14 In the "scream" part he tries to say that he (the person) did not arrive at the lowest point where he can't return. Therefore he should concentrate on the positive parts in life with which he can reach everything. And even if he gets into a position where he feels like nothing and nobody can help him, there is also a way to return, you just need to really want it. But then you need to watch that you do not fall back to this stage, because then there might be a point with no return.

0:36 In the next part he tries to explain him that there is nothing wrong with him. He just does not want to deal with the daily problems or maybe tragedies and wants to choose the easy way; suicide.

0:52 He sings "És mégis hallasz engem?" Which means "And nevertheless you hear me". It seems like Leander can reach out to the person and that he got the message why he shouldn't do it. The last two lines say: "minél jobb ember vagy, annál jobb emberként fognak tartani mások is" which means that "the better person you are, the better will other people preserve you". This could be seen as another ok sign of Leander.

1:07 Ones again Leander stresses the meaning of life in the chorus.

1:44 In the part after the second chorus Leander tells him that the pain, the negative impacts (lifechanging tragedies) are part of life. And even tho it is that way we have to accept it. Because we got this one life, we have to live with it.

1:59 He stresses it again.

2:14 He wants to make him believe the things he is not believing himself: That the world got a better place through his birth, his life is important; he should not just throw it away. Afterwards he is saying that he could die without doing or achieving anything, or that you did everything that is in your power. One day you die anyways, but it does not matter how you get there. Most likely the person who wants to end his life is young because he sings "és marad még egymilliárd szívverésed" which means "and there is more than one billion heart beats left for you", which means that he could live a lot longer. He also says "Senki sem sajnál épen" which means "nobody is feeling sorry for you right now" which could be understood as the person does not have real problems; he just thinks he has those. He ends this verse by saying that you should die when it was worth of living.

3:03 For the last time he stresses the importance of life.

3:18 At the very end he appeals attention to the fact that there is always a way back! You should never give up, even if you think that you are in a helpless situation.

Alright, so that's it. I hope everything understandable :) and that at least one of you is going to read it, as it was much work to do :lol:

I address this song to

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:lond: has voted!! :D It was hard putting my top 10 into an order I liked, sadly not everything could get rewarded as much as i'd like to have seen.

ZoboCamel

@Stargazer None of your image links for this edition are loading for me now, including all of the banners with YT links and all of the SF results.

Would it be possible to get a reupload of the banners, or a text show, or even just a list of which regions qualified from each semi? Otherwise I won't be able to vote... I've listened to all the songs already for the SFs but can't remember who got through to the final :cry:

Okay, I got the images to load by using a German VPN... I think that image hosting site might be having issues with tunnelling to Australia at the moment. So I'm personally all good, but there might still be some issues with other people trying to view the banners depending on their routing.

ZoboCamel

:jp: has voted! I had to leave out a couple of good songs but past that I was rather happy with the 10 I ended up with, and my top few in particular are xheat

Eulaliya

Text show please as I can't see the entries?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@Stargazer None of your image links for this edition are loading for me now, including all of the banners with YT links and all of the SF results.

Would it be possible to get a reupload of the banners, or a text show, or even just a list of which regions qualified from each semi? Otherwise I won't be able to vote... I've listened to all the songs already for the SFs but can't remember who got through to the final :cry:

Okay, I got the images to load by using a German VPN... I think that image hosting site might be having issues with tunnelling to Australia at the moment. So I'm personally all good, but there might still be some issues with other people trying to view the banners depending on their routing.

Text show please as I can't see the entries?
A shame you can't see the banners properly. :( They work for me, so I don't know what the problem is. But I've added a text show now!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:se: has voted! What an amazing final xfaint All of my top 5 could've gotten my 12pts in a different edition. Really difficult to rank them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom