Contact us

WV 161 | Send Your Entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishoes

Happy to begin this new chapter with :br: by sharing with all of you a song full of melancholy that takes us to the dancefloor to shake our asses as we cry bitter tears trying to metabolize our loneliness while drinking our third Caipirinha of the evening.

Seok-jin

:neus: sent our last entry - BTS xcheer

Looren

Veteran
::texs is in with a potato audio quality song but with such a touching performance

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My head has been in a completely different place that I almost forgot the deadline, but I don't want to miss a month in the making empo edition. :us: have sent a song that gives off earthly autumnal feelings and has been high on my shortlist for a couple years. Random.org give Gera 🔫🐱

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
CONFIRMED ENTRIES 49
:ca: :nl: :en: :es: :west: :it: :hk: :lt: :au: :ua:
:paci: :de: :cy: :gr: :kr: ::texs :seou: ::sile :ie: :kant:
:al: :ro: :be: :hu: :br: :cn: :at: :fr: ::guel :susa:
:marm: :mn: :se: :svea: :rs: :sobr: :tr: :pe: :ba: ::ceca
:pl: :uk: :dk: ::sudo :ru: :neus: :lv: :jp: :us:

Many of you still follow this, but just as many don't, please make sure you do, thank you.​
Message posted here too for better visibility

To all participants,

We'd like to remind you about what is expected from you in the entry submission process. We've seen recently seen a spike in issues around eligibility, submission format and just general sloppiness. We'd like to make it clear that while we're here to check and confirm every entry, making sure they're eligible, it is not our job to do all of that work. It is important that you are checking this yourself before sending your entry to make sure it is eligible so we don't have any complications during the submission process and after. It generally takes several minutes to confirm entries, and in some cases even more upwards of 20 minutes. With 50+ entries to confirm and our own lives, we can't be constantly doing this over and over again. Here is a few key things you can do to make it easier:

• Provide supplimentary material (bios, articles, social media etc) that show how exactly your entry is eligible
To make this clear, if you're sending someone super obscure provide us with the links to show who the hell they are and how they're eligible. If it is not clear they're eligible, then either contact the mods well in advance (edition before ideally) to ask for clarity, or send your entry as soon as submission opens with the sources attached - Do not leave it to the final days or even hours (as that does happen) to throw a borderline entry at us. It isn't cute. This is also particularly important if you play with a region; they may be famous and from the wider country, but pinpointing them to your specific region can sometimes be hard. Use logic here and be as helpful as possible

• Check the database
We literally have it linked right there for you, use it. People sending songs that have already taken part happens far too frequently.

• Format it as we tell you to
Literally send your entry like this below -

Artist-song:
Video Link:
Back up:

It's that simple, you don't need to jazz it up with bold, italics, special fonts putting the song title in between ' ', also the artist and song title do not need to be different lines. Keep it simple and clean, so we can copy it over without having to change all of your formatting. Back-up entries may be optional, but we want to reiterate clearly how important they are, even if you're sure your song is eligible send one just in case. Some people even use the same back up repeatedly for several editions. You can't complain if you didn't send a backup and then your entry ends up disqualified.

• Double check
Make sure what you're sending us is correct, check your links etc. It's not our job to correct your sloppy work later on mid edition or whenever.

This isn't targeted at everyone, or any single person. It's directed to the vast majority to remind you what we expect from you when sending your entries, some of you already do this and we thank you, but we'd appreciate it if everyone could make it as easy as possible to limit mistakes and make our job easier by following what is written above.

Thank you,

The Mod Team

The tl;dr for you, please make sure you follow the proper submission format exactly, no glamming it up with fonts, bold etc. Check the database beforehand and PLEASE provide evidence for eligibility. Especially if the singer may well be slightly harder to find information for.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The tl;dr for you, please make sure you follow the proper submission format exactly, no glamming it up with fonts, bold etc.

About that point, we stress it out because everytime time you put non-latin alphabet, quotation mark, boldness, or whatever you fancy, we have to change it up when copying the information into our own entry thread. It might not seem much to you, but if we ask for a very specific format it's for a reason. That reason mainly being that updating the database gets much faster.

BernadetteCydonia

So am I once again banned from WV for a long long while because I forgot to submit my entry, or the 3 strikes kinda thing applies to me on my current go?

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
So am I once again banned from WV for a long long while because I forgot to submit my entry, or the 3 strikes kinda thing applies to me on my current go?
No, first of all to make things clear for you failed submission =/= sanction. You are currently on 2 sanctions which you can see below
image.png

You are welcome to take part in WV 162 and onwards but you will have to sit this one out.

SAYAY

Get well soon my dear xheart

Please take care and prioritise your recovery. Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you so much, you guys are too sweet! I promise I will return strongly with an entry that will be a throwback to the happy summer vibes, at least I hope you will feel it is xheartxdance2

Edit: Also, I must ask just so that I understand the rules correctly - I now have 1 sanction and I can't vote and I am banned from entering WV162? Or am I messing with the rules? Its totally fine If I am since the fault is all mine and I only have myself to blame, just asking to be on the safe side xupxrosexheart

Last edited:

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edit: Also, I must ask just so that I understand the rules correctly - I now have 1 sanction and I can't vote and I am banned from entering WV162? Or am I messing with the rules? Its totally fine If I am since the fault is all mine and I only have myself to blame, just asking to be on the safe side xupxrosexheart
No, you do not receive a sanction if you do not send an entry. Instead, it counts as forced break (Rule #18) and is added to breaks.
16. Please note that if you fail to send an entry without giving notice before the deadline 3 editions within a 10 edition period then your country/region will become free (and somebody else will be able to pick it) and you will be removed from the list of the participants.
17. If you want to take a break, you should inform the mods about it in advance (you can take 1 or 2 editions break, with opportunity to prolong it by 1 extra edition with keeping your country/region). You are only allowed 3 breaks within 10 editions, anymore and you will be removed from the roster.
18. Failing to send an entry will also now be counted as a 'forced break' and therefore count towards your 3 allotted breaks in a 10 edition period. Should you fail to send an entry after your 3 allotted breaks have been used up then you will be removed from the roster and your country or region become free.
e.g. if you want to take a break for WV 162 and WV 163 (or 2 other editions between WV 162 and WV 170 respectively), you are more than welcome to, but afterwards you must participate in all editions from WV 164 to WV 170 (including).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom