Contact us

WV 158 LEIDEN 🌷 SEMIFINAL 2 IN BLOOM 🌷 QUALIFIERS REVEALED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theditz83

Veteran
Let's continue our tour around this blooming beautiful country!

Semi-2-Header.png

OPENING ACT
Two-time WV :nl: participant Kim-Lian with her song from the 17th edition of the contest

INTERVAL ACT
2000 Eurovision starlet Linda Wagenmakers

Time-to-vote.png

FERRET SHOW

Voted: (24/25)
::guel :be: ::midw :au: ::sudo :paci: :fr: :de: :at: :rs: :seou: :gr: :cn: :lt: :pl: ::ceca :svea: :en: :pe: :mn: :tr: :ro: :fi: ::hokk

REJU: (10)
:kr: :no: :nl: :susa: :al: :lv: :us: :jp: :ie: :ru:

Last edited:

esc87fan

Efteling is a lot of fun, I visited during my stay in the Netherlands in 1998 (the year that their indoor dark coaster, Vogel Rok, opened). I also kept a menu from the restaurant where I had poffertjes for the first time

Uto

Veteran
More failure at me not gushing over my home country:

01: The Efteling is the center of the universe for just about anyone who has ever been there
02: Our Parliament is blesh, looks like a little village, not the heart of a former empire
03: The Ooijpolder is home to the cutest hamlet called Persingen and has a splendid tea garden
04: Never been there, but grew up with Nijntje/Miffy of course. Gerrit Rietveld, Piet Mondriaan and Miffy illustrator Dick Bruna all come from the province of Utrecht. A coincidence? Nah.
05: Can confirm. I'm 5'11'' and considered sort of short over here. Being a giant in Asia moods is moods.
06: Eindhoven is our silicon valley, city spawned Philips and ASML. Never been to the Evoluon, but they want to make a museum there so who knows?
07: Valkenburg is drop-dead gorgeous. Very popular tourist destination for the caves and atmosphere. This castle? Four million and it's yours: https://www.funda.nl/koop/schin-op-geul/huis-84535529-oud-valkenburg-5/
08: Never been to Zandvoort, but last year when Max won there I cried. Every sport deserves an orange army treatment.
09: No idea what this is about, but generally what is meant is the village of Marken. Never been there, but pictures tell the story by itself. The quintessence of Holland.
10: Never been inside one, but I've seen video. Impractical, but fantastic architecture, wish we had more creative stuff like this.
11: The Dom used to be the bell tower to a cathedral, but large part of the church was swept away in a tornado. Looks weird nowadays.
12: Never been there, everyone knows the story though. Everyone know the story if this being a tourist trap too.
13: Never been there, never head of it as well.
14: Been to The Wallen of course, but it's about as interesting as watching British tourists act like weed is a hard drug.
15: Never been there, heard it's spectacular for children aged 8-12 or so.
16: Never been there, scandal.
17: I worked at Burgers' Zoo and it has to be among the top 5 zoos in the world. Can recommend to anyone, you'll be amazed.
18: I have no idea what the Heineken Experience is supposed to be, but yeah ok Heineken boring but decent beer.
19: Every year thousands of people dive into the sea on the 1st of January at Scheveningen or at least visit the beach. And so have I.
20: Almost every constitution ever says no discrimination based on sex or gender or whatever. Legalized same-sex marriage is a misnomer, we de-legalized this bigotry.
21: The kale stamppot we simply call 'boerenkool met worst' and it can't be explained, but yeah is in my top 5 favorite foods. It's Bland: The Dish, but what a serve it is.
22: Never been to Bourtange, but yeah Dutch star fortresses be picturesque as shit.
23: Kings Day always ends up disappointing. Every city center turns into an open air party with people puking and pissing on the streets and just litter everywhere. Fuck it.
24: Naturalis best museum of Natural History I've ever seen. Can recommend.
25: With the Neds being so flat climbing walls stand out as modern church spires. Really cool stuff when you see it.

ShoeFlo

Great to see another of my former WV artists in this semi final (Þorsteinn Einarsson). Together with Julee Cruise in SF1 and another Moomin song here I feel well represented despite not taking part :cool: Thanks for that

and good luck everybody!

EDC0708

Great to see another of my former WV artists in this semi final (Þorsteinn Einarsson). Together with Julee Cruise in SF1 and another Moomin song here I feel well represented despite not taking part :cool: Thanks for that

and good luck everybody!

I have to thank @ferret for the recommendation of Þorsteinn Einarsson.
Good luck everyone.

Looren

Veteran
:fr: voted in both semis !

What a strong edition, I feel like SF1 was stronger, anyway great job everyone ! I had a very hard time voting

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
My reju votes have been sent. I really hope to be luckier with my favourites than I was tonight... I will propably vote for songs I don't really care for in the end anyway... 🙄
Good luck! (y)

esc87fan

After today's results, I'm going to need 6 more songs to have a final shortlist. And with my whole top 5 gone from SF1, it's going to be a tough task

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Daniel entering his Marcomen era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom