Contact us

WV 147 ST. JOHN'S ⛵ Grand Final ⛵ Congratulations to our winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esc87fan

gftitle.jpg

A Musical with a Story

The grand final of the 147th edition of WorldVision pays tribute to the musical Come From Away. It debuted in Toronto in 2016 to rave reviews, later becoming a hit on Broadway (winning a Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical) as well as the West End of London (winning an Olivier Award for Best New Musical). It recently debuted in Australia.

The musical tells the true stories of what happened when 38 planes were diverted to Gander, Newfoundland in the wake of 9/11 under the Canadian government's "Operation Yellow Ribbon" and how the people of the town welcomed and took care of over 7000 stranded passengers

smbarltblu.gif

Grand Final Snapshots

smbarltblu.gif

Send a PM to esc87fan
(or email to [email protected] if inbox is full)
:12::10::8::7::6::5::4::3::2::1:
DDL: October 24 @ 23:59 CET (17:59 EDT)

smbarltblu.gif

Who's Voted? (50/50)
:be::nl:::mida:br::gr::susa:::ceca:seou::sobr::lond:
:hk::ca:::texs:es:::sudo:ar::kr::se::it::ro:
:cn::de::bg::dk::west:::ostl:at::cy::pl:::vstl
::tm:jp::us::nrwe::tr::uk::kant::lv::fr::svea:
:en::hu:::iq:no::nz::fi:
+ Istanbul, Yorkshire,
Western Canada, Northwest Italy

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
A few growers for me this edition, but my Top 3 from semis that qualified were unbeatable when it came to my votes.

Sorry to the 3 juries that just missed out as it was a very tough-fought battle for my :1: to :3: points xrose

esc87fan

:ca: votes have been sent to the WorldVision account. It was quite a good final, I apologize in advance for those songs I enjoyed that I had to leave off my list

Last edited:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:lond: voted yesterday! Lost a number of my favourites in the semi 2 slaughterhouse but still found some great songs to vote for :D

Amir

Veteran
:es: has voted.
I can't remember the last time a final was so good.
I could have easily 12ed my entire Top 5 xheat

Looren

Veteran
::texs voted, had 12 songs shortlisted which is quite low compared to the precedent finals

My top 2 wasn't as obvious as I thought it'll be...

Romeo

Without listening to the songs if I could vote my DOUZE would be for Mel C and the late great Left Eye xclap

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:se: voted last night! A very good final and not easy to rank at all, ended up with a top 10 I’m happy with and some very surprising growers here xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:west: voted. Great final and I love my top 10, had to kick out 1 song I especially wanted to vote for and there were a few more I enjoyed. Also great work Steph with the show. xheart

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I updated the page so in case you need a quick list for your ranking please check here: https://worldvision.fandom.com/wiki/WorldVision_147#Final

:susa: has voted on Wednesday. It was an absolute mess to rank and I wanted to give points to 18 songs, the usual business. I feel extra bad for my 11th and 12th who were initially in the cards but some growers happened.
rG5Sp7D.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:us: has voted. This was hard as I had fourteen or fifteen songs that could have got something. My 12 should have been a nightmare to decide and actually it did break my heart having to pick from two stunners, but the choice became very clear during the final LL. It's for sure one of my favourite WV songs shared this year and I hope it gets the result it deserves 🤞

And once again Steph, a lovely show. I can't wait for the results! Should be very exciting.

Milos-BC

:fi: votes have been sent. I wholeheartedly enjoyed this edition. So many great songs and amazing hosting from Steph on top of that. Good luck everyone and may the best song win xcheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom