ferret

OMG... 7th place for Australia? xfaint Thank you all! xheart
Congratulations to the :neus:, Lana and whiteshoes - super victory, ура! xwoo
Thank you for a good hosting [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION]! xclap

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Grattis min lilla skatt :neus:! :) xrunhug

Thank you ::yohu Robert for a fabulous hosting. xbow Loved all the little extra "typical you" things you added to the edition. Well done! xclap

A HUGE thank you to everyone who enjoyed and/or voted for :svea:! :D xhug xlove xrose xheat

:12: :gr: :lv: :wale: xheart
:10: :no: :tr: xheart
:8: :il: :pt: xheart
:7: ::hamb :neus: xheart
:6: :ca: xheart xheart
:5: :lond: :dk: xheart
:4: ::onta :is: xheart
:2: ::yohu xheart
:1: :lt: :au: xheart

ShoeFlo

:neus: Lana del Rey - Video Games - 1st, 147 pts :neus:

Where do I even start... I feel like entering the Oscars stage without having prepared a speech. I'd like to thank all the people who supported my song and in general all people who congratulated me, even though they were not fond of my song. Sometimes it is annoying to see an artist winning that you heavily dislike, I know that feeling, but people should still have enough sportsmanship to congratulate the winner. ;) I dont look at anybody in particular. -O- Fun Fact: Just like the last time I won (in WV 45) it was a final with strong presence of so-called Pot 9 songs who cancelled each other out and me being the one who benefits from it! :D

I could be hypocritical and pretend to be super surprised and all, but that would not be me. Of course you can never know if you win or not, especially not in such a super-strong competition like this time. However, I knew what I send, who I sent and what kind of result I could expect. So I knew there would be a good chance to win this edition. That's good because I actually created a hosting concept beforehand and even saved five and six pictures for banners. xcrazy Hope you will like it!

Having said all this, I want to make clear that I didnt intend to scorewhore or something. People might think like "Huh? Shoes sending a world famous pop singer?" I am not even a fan of Lanas later albums with those upbeat pop songs but Video Games is just that achingly beautiful song that mesmerized me from the first listening back in 2012 (and that was in a time when I was still listening to cheap pop songs mainly) and that always touched me deep in my heart. And If you know me well, you realize that I am sucker for all melancholic, downtempo and depressing songs :lol:

Now, some words to our dear host [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] , maybe one of the most likeable host I can imagine. What a cozy and smooth edition this was! I am happy you are the guy who made me win WV for the second time. I especially enjoyed the humorous way you commented the scoreboards and the idea with those special awards. The last special award did confuse me cause I didnt read properly and thought you would have announced Iceland as the winner :D Also, the scoreboard order drove me crazy. Since I spent big parts of the show in the mid of the ranking I already lost my belief that I could actually win the edition. Then again, thanks to this order, the win felt like a surprise after all!

This win not feels like a simple win, but more like a double win! This is because my very good friend [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] became second with my favorite composer Ólafur Arnalds who I sent myself twice before. What a wonderful story that is. Lets just call it a Twin win. I literally didnt know what to hope for before the last scoreboard appeared... Me or my best friend? From that moment on I couldnt lose anymore. Iceland as winner would have made me happy as much as my own win does right now. What should I say? Blackmere finally conquered WV, nobody can escape from our magic! Only NSC users will understand that, haha.

The general results are beyond amazing, too. One of the favorite songs of my favorite German singer-songwriter and ESC hero made the bronze place, congrats Oualid! Latvia 5th xfaint xup Poland 6th (you were so damn close to get my 12 , take this as a big compliment!!), Australia 7th (wish to give this more points...) 9th Svealand xheat .. easily the best WV results in all eternity.. probably the nightmare for others here but hey, the WV eras are constantly alternating so the communitys favours will probably turn around soon xcrazy Only that flop of Ukraine post-masterpiece with those mindblowing atmospheric guitars really hurts me. WV is not ready for Non-Sigur Ros post-something yet xthink

Individual thanks:
:12: :is: :ua: :hr: :ie: xheart xheart
:10: :nl: :it: :ru: xheart
:8: Where is 8 tbh IOTAP
:7: :il: :lond: :wale: :tr: :pl:
:6: :mx:
:5: :nrwe:
:4: :se: :sl: ::ken
:3: :ph: :svea:
:2: :pt:
:1: :sc: :kr: :en:

...and yes, I wll obviously host the edition. right during the exam period. bless. xheart

Fierro

Yay, the best song won. Glad to see my 12 contributed to your victory, ShoeFlo. Congratulations and good luck next edition! But don't forget about exams :lol:

Also glad to see London in the left half of scoreboard, I fell in love with that song xheart Was thinking about giving 12 to it, but in the end I preferred :neus:

And ... thank you all for letting :ua: join big party in Final and for all those points xlove Final result doesn't matter, we had a great time this edition! xup

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Congratulations Florian! :D This is indeed a good song and winner. ;) xheart I'm also happy with the results that my amazing favouites achieved! :D Except Greece, this was not the result I expected for this fabulous instrumental. :? xrose Or even Turkey, and the UK were underrated imo. I had big trouble with ranking my fabulous top 3. But in the end and after re-listening to the 3, I found the fairest way (according to my taste, ofc) of giving the points. Latvia and Iceland are other 2 of the very special entries of this edition that did very well (deservingly, ofc). But like I said before, I was very happy with each song that I've included in my top 10. :)

Also a special and deserved mention to Robert and his fabulous hosting! Thank you for all the perfect work you've done, especially in the final and those original ideas! xlove xclap :D

Krishoes

Congrats :neus: xcheer xcheer xcheer

JSSArcos

Excellent work @Lupus,great hosting xbowxheart Congratulations to :neus: and Florian,Great song, I'm really glad this has won. xcheerxheart

Many thanks to all who voted for :lond: xhugxheart Good result, 13 place in this final is very good, I wait a little down :D

Today I do not have time to write much more, just say "thank you", Turkey and Iceland send the entry they sent xheart (Of The Best WV Songs)

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congratulations to Flo and :neus: xcheer An easily predictable winner, but 'Video Games' is a wonderful song and this is definitely well deserved! :mrgreen: I look forward to your hosting next edition :D

As for my entry, I kinda hoped/expected to see :se: a little bit higher than 16th, but this is my highest finish since WV86 so I can hardly be disappointed :lol: It's just great to have been in the final once more :D Thank you to all who voted for 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart';

:12::west::ba:de::iled:nrwe:
:10::seou:
:8::ar:
:7:xshifty
:6::uk:
:5::sl:
:4::paci:
:3::al::cali::no:
:2::mx:::onta
:1:::yohu:at::it:::

And of course, thank you and well done to Robert for being such an awesome host! This whole edition has been so wondrously 'you' xlove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom