Contact us

Wordvision Christmas Special in Budapest /// Confirmation Thread /// DDL: 18. December at 23:59 CET

marc

aFgB25F.png

OH7HeB3.png

christmas-market-bazilika.jpg

4d035c2bd6eda4f16ec65943b4663c5b.png

8hqjwcxq.png

jtsgofxm.png

We want to celebrate the this years WorldVision Christmas Special in Budapest, after i won with Berlin in Berlin we didn't want to stay there for another year, so we move on to the beautiful country Hungary.
You all are invite to our Christmas Party, in this hard times, we should celebrate much more Christmas in virtual and have fun with your favorite Christmas Hits, because this year it is nothing like normal, but let us forget for a moment everything with this X-Mas Special.
Join us and feel with us the passion of Christmas here in the Forum.

Send me your entrys, with the following Informations:

Artist:
Song:
Videolink:

Deadline: 18. December at 23:59 CET

Confirmed (18):

:uk::en::neus::susa::se::ua::de::seou::bg::mn::fr::dk::kr::us::it::ca::fi:
Mid-Atlantic States

Reserved (1):

:au:

d94a77e1e6741bcc716f16009d0248b1.jpg

Last edited:

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
:us: for me please :mrgreen:

esc87fan

^^^ @marc Yes, don't forget to check the spreadsheet above so that we don't repeat songs already sent previous years! :) Love the Christmas feeling of this thread already, by the way! xlove

Mid-Atlantic States is in! xcheer

No worries about the spreadsheet Anna, I sent a copy to Marc this afternoon

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@Gera11 @esc87fan I don't know who is in charge of the spreadsheet, but there's at least one mistake. My entry from 2013 with Tommy Körberg & Sissel Kyrkjebø is called "Låt Julen Förkunna".

But I think another column should be added with the English title of the songs, if there are such. Låt Julen Förkunna is actually the Swedish version of Happy X-Mas (War is Over), which is why that song was sent yet again some years later because people didn't know it was the same just from the title. My entry from 2016 "Oi, Joulujan Ihmiset" is the Finnish version of The Wexford Carol. In 2015 an Icelandic version of Oh Holy Night was sent, and so on. I'm sure there are others.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Gera11 @esc87fan I don't know who is in charge of the spreadsheet, but there's at least one mistake. My entry from 2013 with Tommy Körberg & Sissel Kyrkjebø is called "Låt Julen Förkunna".

But I think another column should be added with the English title of the songs, if there are such. Låt Julen Förkunna is actually the Swedish version of Happy X-Mas (War is Over), which is why that song was sent yet again some years later because people didn't know it was the same just from the title. My entry from 2016 "Oi, Joulujan Ihmiset" is the Finnish version of The Wexford Carol. In 2015 an Icelandic version of Oh Holy Night was sent, and so on. I'm sure there are others.

The 2012-2017 data is coming from an older spreadsheet I found in a Christmas thread, I think from 2018 when Robert hosted. I'm gonna add the English translation tomorrow xup

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
@Stargazer Added now!

Fun fact, the languages of our Christmas songs:
103 🇬🇧 English
8 🇪🇸 Spanish
8 🇸🇪 Swedish
7 🇷🇴 Romanian
5 🇭🇷 Croatian
5 🇱🇻 Latvian
4 🇬🇷 Greek
4 🇮🇸 Icelandic
3 🇳🇴 Norwegian
3 🇩🇪 German
3 🇷🇺 Russian
2 🇳🇱 Dutch
2 🇫🇮 Finnish
1 🇸🇦 Arabic
1 🇪🇪 Estonian
1 🇵🇭 Filipino
1 🇫🇷 French
1 🇱🇹 Lithuanian
1 🇲🇰 Macedonian
1 🇲🇹 Maltese
1 🇵🇱 Polish
1 🇵🇹 Portuguese
1 🇷🇸 Serbian
1 🇺🇦 Ukrainian

I'm surprised there hasn't been any Italian songs so far and that French is doing so poorly, they have so many carols. xthink

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm surprised there hasn't been any Italian songs so far and that French is doing so poorly, they have so many carols. xthink
Most of our carols are actually just covers from foreign songs, maybe that's why.
But you pushed me to check the list of Christmas songs written by French and I found the perfect cover of the most popular one :sneaky:
I didn't want to participate but who knows, I might now :lol:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@Stargazer Added now!

Fun fact, the languages of our Christmas songs:
103 🇬🇧 English
8 🇪🇸 Spanish
7 🇷🇴 Romanian
7 🇸🇪 Swedish
5 🇭🇷 Croatian
5 🇱🇻 Latvian
4 🇬🇷 Greek
4 🇮🇸 Icelandic
4 🇳🇴 Norwegian
3 🇩🇪 German
3 🇷🇺 Russian
2 🇳🇱 Dutch
2 🇫🇮 Finnish
1 🇸🇦 Arabic
1 🇪🇪 Estonian
1 🇵🇭 Filipino
1 🇫🇷 French
1 🇱🇹 Lithuanian
1 🇲🇰 Macedonian
1 🇲🇹 Maltese
1 🇵🇱 Polish
1 🇵🇹 Portuguese
1 🇷🇸 Serbian
1 🇺🇦 Ukrainian

Nice! :) A couple more mistakes I found: The Sissel entry from 2015 (Bereden Väg För Herran) is in Swedish and not Norwegian. And Loreena McKennitt's name is misspelled.

esc87fan

I actually had two different ideas (the one I submitted and another that I absolutely love) for this year's special, but the one I ended up sending felt right to me

Top Bottom