Contact us

WLSC 271 in UKOD - Keep going - Never stop believing - DDL FOR VOTING IN THE FINAL IS - 13.05 13:00

Destroyer

WLSC-271.jpg

Welcome to United Kingdom Of Destrion or short for UKOD.
We have a privilege to organize the 271'st WLSC.
This is our first time to organize such an event here on this forum.
Some people here know me, some don't. I will tell you something about me.

I'm a very open person.

I've been through some struggles and those struggles thaught me to be open and to share things with others so in that I can heal or I can help someone who is going through something similar.
I will share something with you all. I have been going through a clinical depression for about 7 years.
My faith in God has helped me to go through this but God also used music to help me out in these moments of darkness and questioning everything.
So I was thinking and I wanted the theme for WLSC 271 - Keep Going - Never Stop believing.

What does this mean? I want you guys to send songs that are happy vibes or that have a strong message of hope and faith in them.

You can start sending your entries right away.

DDL for entries: 28.04.2024 - 23:59

Last edited:

Destroyer

Good evening everyone. I will start with presenting your entries. Some of them you already know so there is no mystery there :D. But I will try to present the entries in a way where you will hopefully learn something new about the artists.

First off:

Osibisa are a British-Ghanaian-Caribbean Afro-rock band founded in London in the late 1960s by four expatriate West African and three London based Caribbean musicians.

The lyrics of the song that is going to represent Afnia in this WLSC are actually very simple and effective.

We are going
Heaven knows where we are going
We will know we're there
We will get there
Heaven knows how we will get there
We know we will
It will be hard we know
And the road will be muddy and rough
But we'll get there
Heaven knows how we will get there
We know we will
We are going
Heaven knows where we are going
We will know we're there

The song has a happy vibe to it, but the lyrics send a message of how any road could be difficult, rough but it is possible to achieve it.

Osibisa.jpg

Destroyer

The second artist and song comes from Divided States of Lemonadia.

The artists name is Blane Muise and her stage name is Shygirl. She was born in London, grew up in BlackHeath but she is of Grenadian descent Her music mostly incorporates dance music, hip-hop, experimental pop, and so on. In this song she collaborated with Boys Noize. Alexander Ridha (born 22 August 1982), better known by his stage name Boys Noize, is a German electronic music record producer, songwriter, and DJ.

ShyGirl.jpg

The song that will represent The Divided States of Lemonadia is:

The song has a nice vibe to it, the lyrics talk about a girl who want's the person in front of her to tell her what they want, and she feels powerless in front of them. She will do anything for this person as she feels they can even read her mind. That's how powerless she feels but yet she also feels good around this person.

Destroyer

Next is Moisantia with Rebeca Sleight or short for Berri and the song Shine Like A Star.

She is an English singer and she had a big hit in 1995 called The Sunshine After The Rain. She wasn't around music for a long time but she came back to doing music in 2022. She still performs at music festivals around UK.

berri.png

Her song shine like a star has a dance happy vibe to it. The lyrics remind us to shine, to never let that fire in us be gone but yet always keep it burning.

If you shine, shine like a star
Then you'll know love's not so far
Take my hand and lift me higher
Let me feel your burning fire

This song will have you dancing and wanting to show this burning fire that all of us have!

Destroyer

Next stop is Marcobia with the bend Skillet and the song Legendary! Skillet is a very popular American Christian Rock bend. I have been listening to them from 2010. All of their songs have a strong message in them. The band currently consists of husband and wife duo John Cooper (lead vocals, bass) and Korey Cooper (rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals) along with Jen Ledger (drums, co-lead vocals) and Seth Morrison (lead guitar).

Skillet-Press-Photo-001.jpg

The song Legendary has a strong message behind it.

My heart bleeds adrenaline
The fire I breathe is where I live
Say my name, incredible
Say my name, an animal
One life to live
I never give up, I never give in

Some people wanna turn and run (run)
But the strong rise under the gun

Never giving up, never giving i no matter the obstacle in front of us.

Destroyer

Next stop is Utopolis with an artist that goes by the name of Zizi. Her name is Mohae and she was a member of some K Pop girl bands but as of now she is going solo.

zizi.jpg

This is the only picture I could find of the girls that are singing the song Odore Papaya.

The song has a dance vibe that completely takes us on a journey. These girls seem happy while singing and even though I can't really understand what they are singing about it still has that catchy tune that K Pop music is famous for.

Destroyer

Meridia comes to UKOD with a singer called Joshua Basset. Joshua is known for High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.

Even though he is very young Joshua almost died in 2021. He has survived abuse as well.

joshua-basset.jpg

In the song just love he asks a simple but yet a very strong question. What if we would just love? I can see in the lyrics his pain and yet will to share a powerful message with everyone who would listen.

Destroyer

STOR-HERZIGDÖMMET BREIÐDALSBAR come to us with two bands collab. Soft Cell a synth pop duo from England in a collab with Pet Shop Boys who are also a synth pop duo from England.

PSB-SC.jpg

The song purple zone has a great message and a great synth pop vibe that just screams happiness.

Let's get out of this life
I'm afraid and alone
Paralyzed in the purple zone
My time goes so slow
And I don't know how the show will end
I'm losing all my feeling
Emotion I pretend
So let's get out of this life
I'm afraid and alone

The message is not as happy as the vibe of the song is. But it talks about how lonely we can get, depressed and it's like we are losing everything as we are paralyzed in the purple zone.

Destroyer

Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici are being represented by

Raffaella Maria Roberta Pelloni (18 June 1943 – 5 July 2021), better known as Raffaella Carrà was an Italian singer, dancer, television presenter, actress and model. Considered a pop culture icon in Europe and Latin America, between the 1970s and 1980s she became a pioneer of feminism and women's sexual freedom in the television and music industry, as well as an LGBT icon and an icon of fashion and design.

Here her song Pedro is a remix. In 2024, the song was remixed by Germany producers Jaxomy and Agatino Romero.

330px-Raffaella_Carr%C3%A0_2.jpg

As a remix the song has this constant up beat vibe and all around feel good vibes to it.

Destroyer

Gioli and Assia come from Italy with a very catchy song called Habibi.

gioliassia.jpg

Habibi talks about two lovers and one asking for the others love.

Hola mi amor
Habibi je t'aime
Give me your love
I'll give you everything
Why don't you come closer?
Love me until it's over

Destroyer

La'Pai are sending Florrie to UKOD. Florence Ellen Arnold (born 28 December 1988), better known as Florrie, is an English pop singer-songwriter, drummer and model. Closely associated with the Xenomania production house, since joining as their in-house drummer in 2008 she has played live and on record for popular artists such as Kylie Minogue, Girls Aloud and the Pet Shop Boys.

Florrie_-_Live_at_La_Maroquinerie%2C_Paris_%282011%29-2.jpg

Florence in the lost ones sings about people who are broken, lost, yet hopeful. She finds hope in difficult times because she still sees beauty in her dreams.

We are damaged, but untouched, 'cause we stayed when we should've run
The mistakes made when we were young, they've been and gone
We have loved and we have sinned, from outside, always lookin' in
Never felt like you fitted in, just holdin' on, mm

We're the lost ones, yeah, it's a jungle, yeah
Our thorns are buried deep, but we see beauty in our dreams
And we're broken, yeah, but we're hopeful, yeah
To find our remedy, we see beauty in our dreams

Destroyer

smith-brit-image.jpg

Brit Smith is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and model. She gained prominence from a young age as one half of a modeling duo with her identical twin sister Alex, appearing in various commercials. They later went on to pursue a music career and form the pop duo Brit & Alex until their breakup in 2009. As a solo artist, she released three singles under Rock Mafia, before she quit the music industry in 2013.

In April 2024, American singer JoJo Siwa released a song titled "Karma". The song went viral and received negative feedback. This then led to a re-uploading of an unreleased version recorded by Smith in 2012. The little-seen video featured animations by Super77 and had been uploaded to Vimeo for their portfolio since March 20, 2013. Smith's version of the song was praised online, which led to Smith officially releasing the song across all streaming platforms. In an interview with Page Six, Smith revealed that the song was originally intended to be her debut single; however, her label changed plans last minute.

Tamausia & Deltannor have sent the song Karma's a Bitch

While the whole background story is interesting the lyrics are also very powerful and interesting.

I was a bad girl, I did some bad things
I swear I did it all for fun and it meant nothing
It never happened, it was a secret
Like when a tree falls in the forest, no one hears it
Another late night, another crazy mood
And I didn't think twice what it would do to you
I was a wild child, you always knew it
It was a matter of time before I blew it

Destroyer

Öösingimäed is sending a duo of Elyse and Larena. Dealing with a lot of church hurt from their past they are trying to heal through their music.

The sound Elyse and Larena have created is indeed extremely specific. The contrast of light and dark — of exquisite, ethereal vocals and dark, even gritty instrumentation — is elusive and engrossing, a unique juxtaposition that’s entirely in keeping with the sensibility of sisters who have always refused to be pinned down or defined.

mothermarymain-1250x500.jpg

Your Host United Kingdom of Destrion has sent something that is very personal. The Bend Need To Breath is a band that always has good vibes music and deep lyrics. The song Who Am I talks about a difficult road that life is. Finding who we actually are is very important. The singer talks about actually finding someone who loves him the most and that kind of love shapes all of his identity.

White lies and desperation
Hard times and conversation
No one should ever love me like you do
Sometimes my bad decisions
Define my false suspicions
No one should ever love me like you do
While I'm on this road you take my hand
Somehow you really love who I really am
I push you away, still you won't let go
You grow your roses on my barren soul

b03f216c-e0c7-46b3-b185-89d47218ac4f-NEEDTOBREATHE_David_ODonohue.jpg

Vermillion has sent to UKOD a very interesting song called Xanadu and artist Ummet Ozcan.
Ümmet Özcan (born 16 August 1982) is a Dutch DJ and record producer of Turkish origin from Putten, Gelderland.

330px-Ummet_Ozcan.jpg

The song gets you completely lost in the melody and the vibe is like something coming out from a movie.

Destroyer

And the two last nations who sent their entries are:

New Bander State and the nation that came back to WLSC Emsfrynt.

Emsfrynt sent Ayitti with the song Piiment,

Ayiiti Cole, known simply as Ayitti, is a singer and songwriter who was born in Paris, France on December 21, 1991. She is known today not only for her melodious voice, but also for her passion for music, especially for pop genre.

In her solo career, she signed a contract with the Fool Blast Production record company, she released two studio albums that turned out to have considerable national and international success. She currently resides in Haiti, a country she now considers her true home.

Ayiiti-Photo-Landscape.jpeg.webp

The song is fast paced with very interesting beats.

New Bander State has sent an Indie Rock band from the US called Grandaddy. Grandaddy is an American indie rock band from Modesto, California. The group was formed in 1992, and featured Jason Lytle, Aaron Burtch, Jim Fairchild, Kevin Garcia and Tim Dryden, until Garcia's death in 2017 following a stroke.

images

The song Long as I am not the one has sad vibes in it but also hopeful. The writer doesn't want to fight loneliness anymore and he admits the one he loves has a hold on his heart.

I’m all alone now
And no I don’t like it
I’m on my own now
And I won’t deny it
You got a hold of my heart
And I don’t think that I can fight it
(Yeah)
You got a hold of my heart
And I don’t think I wanna fight it

Destroyer

ferret

Wow, such a beautiful presentation! :giggle: It reminded me of my favorite NMF (Nation Music Fest), which is currently suspended due to hostilities, as there were mostly russian-speaking delegations participating... Thank you very much! xup

Uto

Veteran
I second the opinion of ferret, we are used to banners and shit, but this gives us a little bit of background story etc which is also effort shown and generally interesting.

Destroyer

I voted and sent my votes to Ferret. You can start voting from 13:00.

The deadline for voting is: 30.04.2024 13:00 - 7.05.2024 13:00.

Sultana

My song comes not from Italy but from Bala Kunmenai!

Top Bottom