Contact us

WLSC 240 🏥 Taskutekudasai Hospital, Öösingimäed 🏥 Save Me 🩹 Results Overnight in a Separate Thread!

Barish

Listen sis, I'd just be more concerned about the fact that the doctors needed to see you first - clearly whatever horrible disease you have taking over you needs immediate attention 😳

Praying for you xpray

It's clearly BBD aka Bad Bitch Disease so y'all nevermind me and watch yourselves xqueenbitch

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif

Paper7

I'm not sure if our song is about drug abuse or about finding a way out of depressions... Do your hospital have a mental health part?

240 - 7

Manuel Stahlberger / Bit-Tuner

Dureringe

Oh, and our country has a new flag if you use them for banners:

Bigger version in our thread: http://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/7-new-flag.20531/

For people who are able to read german language: I have made a translation of the lyrics of my entry from swiss german dialect to german.

I'm not able to make a propper translation to english too, mostly because it is full of phrases and for me that's the essence of the lyrics: empty phrases about how to fight an depression, how different and conflicting this phrases often are and in first: how useless they often be. The title "Dureringe" means to get trough something.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
I'm not able to make a propper translation to english too, mostly because it is full of phrases and for me that's the essence of the lyrics: empty phrases about how to fight an depression, how different and conflicting this phrases often are and in first: how useless they often be. The title "Dureringe" means to get trough something.

Tried to translate it, because most German idiom exists in the same or very similar form in Dutch so it wasn't much of an issue for me to read it and translating it to Dutch is obviously possible. But to English? Must agree that it can't be done. English is lovely for how precise it is, but a topic that is so full of nuance like this? English just doesn't have the tools for it. You can convey the nuance when speaking in English perhaps, by intonation and timing etc, but never just with the words themselves.

The only thing I could not translate at all was 'sich mit Salzteig etwas getrauen'. I've never heard of it before.

theditz83

Veteran
Omg this show - I adore the concept, and so bloody entertaining to read xlove

Outstanding work Brian! Also, not the xhi hijacking all the ex hibiting words xrofl

Paper7

The only thing I could not translate at all was 'sich mit Salzteig etwas getrauen'. I've never heard of it before.

Seems that it would be zoutdeeg in dutch. I know that thing from my childhood and used in the Kindergarten. It's a play dough which is pretty hard after drying out. I guess it is common there because it is very cheap and children won't try to eat it, because one quarter of it is just salt.

Interesting posting in general btw. but couldn't add anything. ^^

Uto

Veteran
Seems that it would be zoutdeeg in dutch. I know that thing from my childhood and used in the Kindergarten. It's a play dough which is pretty hard after drying out. I guess it is common there because it is very cheap and children won't try to eat it, because one quarter of it is just salt.

Interesting posting in general btw. but couldn't add anything. ^^
Yeah it is zoutdeeg, but it doesn't really mean anything on a poetic or idiomatic level and I have no clue what it would mean on such a level in German or Swiss-German.

Paper7

Great idea for the show! :)

Yeah it is zoutdeeg, but it doesn't really mean anything on a poetic or idiomatic level and I have no clue what it would mean on such a level in German or Swiss-German.
I guess it's about the conflict between "Sich etwas getrauen" (i would say that in this case it means to dare something very creative and new) and the inappropriate, cause old and not very flexible, material of Salzteig. Like a moderate version of the Sisyphus myth.

Uto

Veteran
Great idea for the show! :)

I guess it's about the conflict between "Sich etwas getrauen" (i would say that in this case it means to dare something very creative and new) and the inappropriate, cause old and not very flexible, material of Salzteig. Like a moderate version of the Sisyphus myth.
Well then you've just translated it. It basically says "do push that boulder up the mountain".

theditz83

Veteran
::moi has voted since I'll definitely forget next week with it being ESC week and me flying out to Lanzarote barely 7 hours after the final will conclude 🤣

Such a varied edition - WLSC continuing to show it's class, never change legends xrose

Barish

::moi has voted since I'll definitely forget next week with it being ESC week and me flying out to Lanzarote barely 7 hours after the final will conclude 🤣

Such a varied edition - WLSC continuing to show it's class, never change legends xrose

Ditto. I'm so bad with deadlines these days so I made sure to vote before ESC extravaganza fully kicked in next week.

Also agreeing with Gary on the songs. I enjoyed so many and unhappy that I cannot vote for more number of songs.

Top Bottom