Contact us

Who should/shouldn't have qualified?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Everything >>>>>> :cy:

Like how? What? Seriously? I can't even..... no words.

I'd have switched :cy::lt::az: with :mt::cz::ie:

Those 3 were simply robbed of places in the final. Czech Republic I thought had the joint best performance of the night along with Latvia. I think it's outrageous how they missed out, and i'm so upset about it. Perhaps even more upset than I am about Amber's failure because we've probably lost a country for next year now.

If I were to be selfish and ridiculous, i'd also swap a couple out for :sm::ch:
It however would be very hard to choose what countries to swap out for those two personal favourites though. I've always been vocal about Norway but tonight the pair more than earned their place in the final. It would be unfair to deny them a place. I like Poland but it was incredibly weak, still i'm glad she's through. Hmmm no, maybe I wouldn't swap for San Marino and Switzerland as much as I like them. I can see why they both failed.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
:pt: and :cz: >>> :pl: and :cy:

GermanBango

I'm not a fan of :cy: :lt: and :me: tbh ... :cz: :mt: and :is: would have been better

A-lister

Veteran
from the second semi:

:cy: has no place in the final what so ever (it's the :am: of this semi), nor has :pl: (which I guess would be the :hu: of this semi)... these shoul be switched with :ie: and :is: ... I'd also switch out the cliché :lt: to :pt:

Uto

Veteran
I'm fairly happy with the results in both semis. The only act that really shouldn't be there is Poland. They had the sympathy vote, they have diaspora, the were given a killer slot and they had friends to boot. This gives them votes, but the song is still basically a bunch of nonsense over a pretty little piano hook. Surely Ireland was superior, but Ireland had a disastrous slot, no friends and there just was no reason for anyone to vote for them because most votes going for a real pretty song were going to Norway anyway.

So yeah, Poland <-> Ireland for me.

Joyride

Czech Republic should have qualified but neither Lithuania nor Latvia... terrible songs :(

Dante

I consider Montenegro and Hungary to be the weakest this year. I think The Netherlands and Malta deserved a place. Oh, Lithuania, how can I forget.

eerik

Semi 1:
Moldova was such a crap that I muted my TV and only listened to Finnish and Estonian entries. Hard to comment. Would take :fi: over... let's say :am:. And :by: over :rs:.

Semi 2:
Honestly, I enjoyed :ie: :pt: :is: and :ch: a lot more than most of the qualified entries. Would probably throw out :me: :il: :az: and :cy: to get them in.

macmillanandwife

Semi 1: You know, all the ones that I expected to not qualify didn't. However, I would have switched :am: with :by: or :fi: I guess?
Semi 2: :ie: :cz: and :pt: over :lt: :az: and :cy:

Realest

I would switch :cy: with :cz: and :hu: with :fi:

Top Bottom