Who should/shouldn't have qualified?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I would have swapped :be: :ee: :ge: :al: with :fi: :mk: :by: :nl:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I would have switched :am::hu: with :fi::by:

Armenia gave the worst performance of the night by far. Hungary was adequate but just left me cold. I really wanted Eurovision's first ever Punk Rock song to reach the final and they deserved it, but it wasn't to be. I think Belarus deserved it as well. Maybe at a push i'd also swap Romania with Macedonia.

Russia is number 40 in my ranking this year but no way would I deny it a place in the final after that performance. Vocally and visually it was incredibly strong.

Hunter

The Netherlands and Belarus deserved to qualify. Who the heck voted for Armenia? 'Don't deny or you will die...' This is gonna political.

revallsay

I would swap :hu: with anyone, mostly with :mk:

Then I would change :am: to :fi: or :by:.

Haverdge

I would swap Belarus for Albania.

Everything else was deserved, I think.

Haverdge

The Netherlands and Belarus deserved to qualify. Who the heck voted for Armenia? 'Don't deny or you will die...' This is gonna political.

It's "don't deny, you and I". Also, this is nowhere near as political as "Wars for Nothing". It was a deserved qualifier and judging from the jury performance, which they nailed, I would not be surprised if the juries helped them more than the televoters did.

Uto

Veteran
IMHO :fi: should have qualified instead of either :al: or :am:

ParadiseES

Armenia should be out and, instead, Denmark, Belarus or even Moldova.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I would have liked Estonia and Romania to have been replaced by Belarus and Denmark. Although I'm not surprised Denmark didn't make it through, I really wish Belarus had done so. I don't get why Estonia is so liked. The performance was utterly boring and they look like two strangers who have never met. Doesn't appeal at all to me.

FilipFromSweden

I honestly feel like everyone who qualified except Armenia deserved it. Belarus deserved it more

patricasso

As some posters before mentioned, I also agree with
:am: replace with :nl:
I was in the Stadthalle yesterday and the dutch entry got far better reactions than Armenia did. Nevertheless some huge Armenian flags were not to be overseen anyway - neither were some dutch fans and their outfits xheya :mrgreen:

Kairit

I enjoyed :am:, but it wasn't good enough to deserve to qualify imo. Also :al: ... I have never seen anything special in this song and the performance is also unremarkable as hell, plus her vocals really were quite bad. But I'm happy that she can, hopefully, prove herself again on Saturday and I expect a lot better vocals.

I actually enjoyed :by: a lot. Yeah, the stage maybe felt a little too empty, but over-all it was a very good performance vocal-wise. It was full of energy, on point and striking, I love the song. And I do really feel bad, because they are just soo nice people and great performers. I also love :dk:. His vocals were dodgy, but I think the song is absolutely great and I really love the energy and positivity of it. I danced and sang along with it. I don't understand why people never got on board with this. So yeah, those two definetly should've qualified instead of :am: and :al:.

A-lister

Veteran
:by: had the best song of the semi and it wasn't a bad performance either (nothing spectacular, but atleast he could hold a tune and look fancy unlike the 3 minutes off-key wailing of :al:)... so that was a big shame it couldn't make it.

:am: is a mess of a song, tuneless cr*p... wasn't the juries suppose to stop blind diaspora voting or what? They didn't deserve it...

:hu: is still a bore...

:mk: may have had a random performance that felt forced and didn't fit the entry, but still one of the few better songs in a weak semi and should have made it...

:rs: is a cliché cr*p... is this the type of "uptempo" juries prefer over more decent one like :by: ?... then ESC is in big trouble...

I couldn't care much about :nl: or :md:... but atleast they are better than the qualified :am:, :hu: and :rs:

Bottom-line... :by: and :mk: should have made it... :am:, :rs: and :hu: should have not... and I guess :nl: should have made it instead of any of the three latter... :dk: and :fi: deservingly stayed outside the final...

Top Bottom