6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
WVSPINBANNER.png

FINAL-ROUND.png

Anonymous: everyone sends song anonymously. Announcements and promotion that reveal or hint to your entry / region are forbidden until the end of the voting period. Everything is revealed when the results are presented.

Bonus winning condition: Everybody submits a sheet with their predictions. The one that makes the most correct guesses wins.

90's: Send a song from the 90's

ESC NF 2020: Send a NF Song from the ESC Season 2020.​

Uto

Veteran
Easy choice for me it turns out, despite more than one of my choices being in this final round, there's a clear winner here xup
I think for both of us the truth is that whether 90s or anon wins the song being sent will be from the 90s anyway lol.

Fierro

OMGGGG I didn't expect my theme to win

It will be fun xpokerfacexpokerfacexpokerface

Will post later here to clarify some details

Fierro

So there's few ways to hold it.

1. Everybody submits a sheet with their predictions. The one that makes the most correct guesses wins. No other winning conditions, no votes for the songs.
1v2. Everybody submits a sheet with their predictions. The player who was exposed by the least number of participants wins. No other winning conditions, no votes for the songs.
2. Standard voting with the juries revealed during the results show. Players can submit their prediction sheets but that will be optional winning condition and just for fun (this is basically as in the top post).

I just trying to undestand what seems more suitable for majority.

Grinch

How about 50/50?

50% for the votes for the song
50% for the predictions

Fierro

^^ In this case I as a host cannot participate in the second part then because I will be confirming all the submissions and know everyone who sent what. I don't know if that's a problem (unless everyone submits to me via anonymous channel and then reveal themselves when they vote in forum PM)

Fierro

I will wait till tomorrow afternoon or evening (my work ends 16:00 CET) and then post confirmation thread with conditions based on your feedback.

hijirio

Veteran
^^ In this case I as a host cannot participate in the second part then because I will be confirming all the submissions and know everyone who sent what. I don't know if that's a problem (unless everyone submits to me via anonymous channel and then reveal themselves when they vote in forum PM)

I’m leaning more on guessing-only game.

We can make a google doc sheet where everyone (including you) writes down their country and entry’s YT link anonymously, and you can prepare the show and banners based on that list.

Fierro

I’m leaning more on guessing-only game.

We can make a google doc sheet where everyone (including you) writes down their country and entry’s YT link anonymously, and you can prepare the show and banners based on that list.
Maybe Google Forms is more secure?

ferret

It's a bad idea with forecasts. There is no guarantee that people will really keep the secret. As a bonus, this can be interesting.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
mmm I think the predictions should really just be for fun, and not an actually point of victory. Partly for what Oleg says, but also because people who are active and been part of WV for a long time will surely have an advantage. I think a standard voting would work fine tbh, the predictions as a fun addition. When I hosted the spin off where we picked songs for other participants this is basically what we did.

cegs5

We had Blind Spin-off ages ago. We had two different games.
1. The regular contest, scoring the entries.
2. Guessing game with our guesses about the players who submited each entry, the one who got more guesses right win.

They were both separate games, no bonus points were awarded. The host didn’t send an entry.

It was fun... and we even discovered @Gera11 and other players gender!

I almost forgot! :eek: One more lady got 2 right

https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...e-show-about-to-discover-people.10540/page-14

hijirio

Veteran
In my case, I really don't track who is who in the spin offs, all the spin offs are already anonymous to me to a large part. Therefore, sending songs anonymously and scoring them will not be a breakthrough on my part.

I remember last edition, people wanted the John spin-off so we could send whatever we want without bothering about the votes. I think this is a good chance to be our very true selves and send anonymously what represents us most, without caring if people will like or hate it.

About the conspiracy regarding people not keeping the secret,
First, rigging is possible in every contest, be it the scoring game or the prediction game. I (want to) assume that most of us are grownups with conscience.
Spin-offs are more laidback and for fun idk if anyone is that ambitious to rig it for the sake of winning a spin off.
Plus, outing yourself to someone is eventually going to hurt your chances, so I doubt anyone will do it unless they is dumb lol

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm not really understanding the allure of this spin-off if I'm being honest. I could understand the games we've had before where we were randomly assigned a juror and had to secretly pick a song for them. That was funny and we also had an incentive there to pick as right as we could for our given player.

This idea though... so it's all supposed to be secret and we're playing as ourselves, and then people guess? What's though to stop me or anyone else going wildly out of character? Cause that was totally my initial thought, to send something that people wouldn't be able to guess. I think that guessing should just be a fun, perhaps optional thing. And as Hiji said, every spin-off is essentially anonymous to probably most of us anyway, as I doubt many go digging for who is playing where.

Last edited:
Top Bottom